Competitive play in Grip?

Discuss anything regarding Grip that doesn't belong in the other forum categories
Ender

Competitive play in Grip?

Postby Ender » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Have there been any discussions yet about which game mode would be used for competitive play? And what format the games would bear? (2v2/3v3/etc.) I know it's very early to think about this, considering the game hasn't even got a multiplayer yet, but I think this game might be entertaining enough to watch to become an "eSport".

If this has already been discussed, could you please link me to such discussions?

Also, are there any topics with tips on how to become a better grip player? I've looked through the names of the different sections and this is the one where I expected to find such topics, but I found none so far.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Competitive play in Grip?

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:05 am

About competitive discussion, the closest thread to that is this one : Esports-compatible gamemode

About tips and tricks, it's true that right now there is no guide at all.. I think it's because multiplayer is not out yet.

When MP comes out, people will start searching for the optimal ways of playing GRIP, and will come up with guides eventually.
It could be a good idea to have a Tactics subforum somewhere where people exchange their tips. I guess we will see later on when people are willing to share their secret strategies ;)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:04 am

To be brutally honest, GRIP fills a bit of a niche and unless we suddenly explode like Rocket League did, we will not have the playerbase required to actually run it as an esport.

Fingers crossed it explodes though ;D

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:11 am

Broscar wrote:snip

Whoa Broscar, haven't seen you in a long time here, where have you been? :)
You're just a voice pal.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am

Broscar wrote:To be brutally honest, GRIP fills a bit of a niche and unless we suddenly explode like Rocket League did, we will not have the playerbase required to actually run it as an esport.

Fingers crossed it explodes though ;D

As much as I don't want to agree, I do have to agree here. Rocket League exploded mainly due to the fact that it's a car football and football... is the most popular sport in the world. While GRIP is the niche of a niche (racing games are a niche compared to other genres, RPGs for example).

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Ryu Makkuro wrote:While GRIP is the niche of a niche (racing games are a niche compared to other genres, RPGs for example).

Well atleast its not a Turn-based adventure. :mrgreen:

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 pm

I think there's a way for GRIP to go on a third or even FPS mode here.
Not entirely, but, in the campaign mode for instance, you can gradually introduce a police force in the environment/disrupting races, with some objectives in the races being to also destroy critical installations. You can even go as far as including runaway sequences (point A point B escape races with police on your tail) and include arena boss fights against police cars. Doom 4 on wheels ;)

Return to “Grip General Discussion”