Are you the developers of FIREBUGS ?

Discuss anything regarding Grip that doesn't belong in the other forum categories
digitalizeur

Are you the developers of FIREBUGS ?

Postby digitalizeur » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Hello guys,

Back in, when I was like ten, I used to play FIREBUGS on my Playstaion 1 and I'm still finding .ape files in the iso of the game and listen them, also playing it on my android with epsxe.

The company Attention To Details "ATD" made this game back in 2002.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firebugs_(video_game)

If so, I won't mind spending money on your game, however, 15,99€ is quiet expensive during steam sales :/

I really hope that you developed and created this innovative concept with a futuristic world, jungle world, iced roads, ... And those specific music.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: Are you the developers of FIREBUGS ?

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:35 pm

We've got two people on the team that worked at ATD, and one of them (Dave) worked on Firebugs as a producer I believe.

Glad you like GRIP and it reminds you of Firebugs ;)

There's a Steam sale going on right now?
Game Director
GRIP

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Theres always (well pretty much) some small sale going on but i believe 16€ is the normal unreduced price.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:02 pm

digitalizeur wrote:If so, I won't mind spending money on your game, however, 15,99€ is quiet expensive during steam sales :/

Got to have my say here sry cannot keep my mouth shut:D

€15,99 is a really, really cheap price for this game. If you play it, I guarantee you will agree. Well maybe it is _reasonable_ price at the moment since there isn't vast amount of content, but still, the actual driving, graphics, sound+music (the things that are there right now) is well worth the price. For example, back in the day, I paid € 50 from Rollcage 2 on PS1 (straight convert from the price before €, not taking account inflation etc.). Or I could throw the classic "its like 3 pints worth of cash and lasts much longer".

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:26 pm

digitalizeur wrote:[...] however, 15,99€ is quiet expensive during steam sales :/

Well... then wait for those Steam sales to be over and 15,99€ will seem normal again! There, FIFY :mrgreen:

Seriously now, that price tag for the available content is a good deal. You'll be happy you acquired it before, who knows, the price doubles in the future considering multiplayer and other content will kick in.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:00 pm

My reaction when I got to know about GRIP on Steam:

...!!!

digitalizeur

Postby digitalizeur » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:27 am

Shut up and take my money then

I hope there will be one day a DLC with firebugs environment, the characters, maps (tracks), cars, car paint job, and even their special attaks, the good old musics (bombfunk mc ,...), menus themes, menu music of the Euro Demo , ...

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:20 am

digitalizeur wrote:Shut up and take my money then

I hope there will be one day a DLC with firebugs environment, the characters, maps (tracks), cars, car paint job, and even their special attaks, the good old musics (bombfunk mc ,...), menus themes, menu music of the Euro Demo , ...

Can't be, Firebugs belongs to Sony, like RC1 and RC2 :/, let's wait the mods in a few months when mod support will be available :p
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Yeah fear not, if/when mod support comes, these things will become a reality :)

digitalizeur

Postby digitalizeur » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:16 am

Queadah wrote:Yeah fear not, if/when mod support comes, these things will become a reality :)

woah... a dream

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:43 am

Similii wrote:

Can't be, Firebugs belongs to Sony, like RC1 and RC2 :/, let's wait the mods in a few months when mod support will be available :p

You are very optimistic when you say "a few months". If it happens it would be awesome, but they didn't give any ETA on that yet as far as I know.
(I'm sure they have a lot of stuff to take care of before they can envision this)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am

Yeah I know potty, shouldn't have used (is that englush?) few months but later in dev time sorry
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 am

digitalizeur, consider trying out Rollcage and it's sequel, Rollcage: Stage II.
They lack the colourful presentation of Firebugs, but their gameplay is a bit more exciting. Either way, it's more of the same upside-down driving ;)

digitalizeur

Postby digitalizeur » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:51 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
Similii wrote:

You are very optimistic when you say "a few months". If it happens it would be awesome, but they didn't give any ETA on that yet as far as I know.
(I'm sure they have a lot of stuff to take care of before they can envision this)

I've seen some gamyplay of rollercage... But I'm replaying my old titles such as Driver, Driver 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, ... And firebugs, of course.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 am

digitalizeur wrote:I've seen some gamyplay of rollercage... But I'm replaying my old titles such as Driver, Driver 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, ... And firebugs, of course.

Rollcage*

Firebugs was supposed to be Rollcage Stage 3 until they decided to reach a younger audience (kids) with a Rollcage-like game. You will definitely see the similarities if you play Rollcage and Rollcage Stage 2. In particular, both games are way more challenging than Firebugs (Rollcage especially).
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:04 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:
digitalizeur wrote:I've seen some gamyplay of rollercage... But I'm replaying my old titles such as Driver, Driver 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped, ... And firebugs, of course.

Rollcage*

Firebugs was supposed to be Rollcage Stage 3 until they decided to reach a younger audience (kids) with a Rollcage-like game. You will definitely see the similarities if you play Rollcage and Rollcage Stage 2. In particular, both games are way more challenging than Firebugs (Rollcage especially).

Can confirm. Never played Firebugs, but Rollcage Stage 2 is a challenge, with interesting tracks and some lovely physics glitches when you exceed MACH 1.

Rollcage is a bit more, frisky... Especially when you hit something and become a fabulously lethal centrifuge... But multiplayer is tight, and a good challenge. Especially with the jnaky-ness of some of the tracks. Much more technical than some RCS2 tracks.
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:40 pm

Falkerz wrote:Rollcage is a bit more, frisky... Especially when you hit something and become a fabulously lethal centrifuge...

I haven't played Rollcage but every time I read this, especially that 'fabulously lethal centrifuge' bit, I always lose it :lol: BEST way to put it IMHO XD
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 pm

DriftRacer14 wrote:
Falkerz wrote:Rollcage is a bit more, frisky... Especially when you hit something and become a fabulously lethal centrifuge...

I haven't played Rollcage but every time I read this, especially that 'fabulously lethal centrifuge' bit, I always lose it :lol: BEST way to put it IMHO XD

If I recall correctly, first private beta of Grip had similar feature, thanks to wonky physics :D
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Return to “Grip General Discussion”