big RC fan here. Played it on PS2 and absolutetly loved it. Mainly because of the crazy fast cars (as faster the cars as more fun I have) and the car mechanics, but also the tracks looked absolutely great and fitted well in the pace of the game!
So I played it again yesterday and was hoping anyone would have made a remake. And hell ya you make it!! Thanks to the developers for putting in the work. In my opinion you're the best dev team possible because you're somehow fans too lol.
I trust you and will buy the game in Early Access on Steam to support you.
I just wanted to share some hopes and opinions I have with game.
1) Single player:
- Career: Just like RC please. Drive a championship with 5 Tracks and unluck new tracks by winning to get to the new championship.
- Time Trial: Beat your time against ghost and check the global leaderbord. Download ghosts of your friends and the number 1 of the world!
- Free Race (or you call it Arcade I think): possibility to set everything up your mind (map, bots, powerups, time, weather, championship with mutiple tracks, etc.)
- Demolition: little arena where people try to destroy each other.
- Fun races: just random races against people around the world.
- League Races: Implement skill system to play against people on your skill level. Get points by winning lose some by losing. This would addict me the most. Run multiplayer games against people that are a challenge and rank up!
- Online Time Trial: 1v1 Race without weapons
- Private Races: like Free Race from SP
- Demolition: like SP
- Minigames: readed about some in the forum. Mostly liked the football one, but I think this is the last thing you should focus on.
I think the difficulty of the game should be set by the speed. Beginners have to drive pretty slow, but a veteran wants to be as fast a possible. So I think this should be in MP and SP(3 diffrent kinds of car speed).
I know propably everything here was already in the forum and I also already readed about some. Also I know my thoughts are a bit random, because I never played Grip. But I just wanted to share my first thoughts as I already said. So please don't blame me for writing something irrelevant. I got much more but will keep it back till i Played the game.