[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Hey I'm new here. What do I think about this? - GRIP Video Game Forum

Hey I'm new here. What do I think about this?

Discuss anything regarding Grip that doesn't belong in the other forum categories
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Temeraire
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hey I'm new here. What do I think about this?

Postby Temeraire » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:07 am

Hello,
big RC fan here. Played it on PS2 and absolutetly loved it. Mainly because of the crazy fast cars (as faster the cars as more fun I have) and the car mechanics, but also the tracks looked absolutely great and fitted well in the pace of the game!
So I played it again yesterday and was hoping anyone would have made a remake. And hell ya you make it!! Thanks to the developers for putting in the work. In my opinion you're the best dev team possible because you're somehow fans too lol. :D
I trust you and will buy the game in Early Access on Steam to support you. :)

I just wanted to share some hopes and opinions I have with game.
1) Single player:
- Career: Just like RC please. Drive a championship with 5 Tracks and unluck new tracks by winning to get to the new championship.
- Time Trial: Beat your time against ghost and check the global leaderbord. Download ghosts of your friends and the number 1 of the world!
- Free Race (or you call it Arcade I think): possibility to set everything up your mind (map, bots, powerups, time, weather, championship with mutiple tracks, etc.)
- Demolition: little arena where people try to destroy each other.

2) Multiplayer:
- Fun races: just random races against people around the world.
- League Races: Implement skill system to play against people on your skill level. Get points by winning lose some by losing. This would addict me the most. Run multiplayer games against people that are a challenge and rank up! :)
- Online Time Trial: 1v1 Race without weapons
- Private Races: like Free Race from SP
- Demolition: like SP
- Minigames: readed about some in the forum. Mostly liked the football one, but I think this is the last thing you should focus on.

I think the difficulty of the game should be set by the speed. Beginners have to drive pretty slow, but a veteran wants to be as fast a possible. So I think this should be in MP and SP(3 diffrent kinds of car speed).

I know propably everything here was already in the forum and I also already readed about some. Also I know my thoughts are a bit random, because I never played Grip. But I just wanted to share my first thoughts as I already said. So please don't blame me for writing something irrelevant. I got much more but will keep it back till i Played the game. :D

Keep working
Teme

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Hey I'm new here. What do I think about this?

Postby StickyBassline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:06 am

All of that will already be implemented ;)
As for the increased difficulty increases speed suggestion, I think Grip did it well already by having the option to choose both AI difficulty and speed levels.
You're just a voice pal.

Temeraire

Postby Temeraire » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Happy to hear that. Saw much in videos. Hope the tracks will be great :)

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:05 pm

The 2 existing tracks are great indeed, and they're working on a map on Liddo-5, the alien jungle map and I'm super excited for it ^^

https://www.cagedelement.com/grip/#planets Here you can read about all planned planets with some vague art.
You're just a voice pal.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:18 pm

Hey Teme,

Thanks for the post, although Sticky is right in that pretty much everything in it has been mentioned before ;)

We already have 3 different speeds: low, medium and high. Right now we are optimizing the levels for medium speed, which is still pretty fast.

And thanks for wanting to support us!
Game Director

Return to “Grip General Discussion”