Different HUDs for vehicles

Discuss anything regarding Grip that doesn't belong in the other forum categories
Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Different HUDs for vehicles

Postby Giovanni » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:24 pm

So, while I was playing on the new track the other day (Which is rather amazing, thank you guys for providing glorious content), I couldn't help but stare at my HUD and look at my vehicle while I was being knocked off the track by Jester.

Then it all came to me, would it be possible that if we were to drive different cars, they would also have a different HUD appearance? I mean we would be driving both human and/or alien brands (possibly hybrids or I'm just dreaming a bit too much now) of vehicles so I could only say it would make sense if we had a different display setup for vehicles and/or brands.

But as an option for the player though, they can also set these by default onto their own preferred HUD or let the game handle it based on what vehicle and/or brand they are driving.

Maybe some of then would have a 3D-ish effect too, or a holographic display in general! (Another option is that they could move based on movement, but this also should be able to be set by the player if they want the HUD movement to be static or dynamic) But anywho, just an idea now.

(2/12/2016): (Hopefully) Color-customizable HUD! Cause why not now? Even though I'm just dreaming again.
Last edited by Giovanni on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Different HUDs for vehicles

Postby Giovanni » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:15 am

I just hope it's not too complicated to do, or just everything is already complicated to do in the U4E in general.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:52 am

HUD has been a bit of a pain in the ass so far, but I like this idea. Would be something we'd look at a long time from now
Game Director
GRIP

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Giovanni » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:47 pm

Aw darn, sorry to hear such troubles but I do hope you guys would be able to pull on through with it, though not that it's anything big.

Oh, also came up with another thing for this idea, just like how and I believe we'd be able to color and customize our vehicles, hopefully there could be a system where can can change various colors of the HUD too, or that may be too much.

Another thing to support my idea of this is that in due time that we could eventually be racing alien vehicles/brands, I wouldn't find it to make a lot of sense if I would still have a "human" HUD but that's just me.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:50 pm

I think changing the HUD colour would mess to much with the themes we're going for. I'd much rather change the style than the colour to be honest, and yeah it would be cool to have alien type huds, as long as they are readable
Game Director
GRIP

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Giovanni » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Chris_CE wrote:as long as they are readable
Haha, I'm pretty sure alien hieroglyphics/text would automatically translate themselves to a human language when interfaced with it now.

tjgcrush
#1 Tester
#1 Tester

Postby tjgcrush » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:18 pm

Chris_CE wrote:I think changing the HUD colour would mess to much with the themes we're going for. I'd much rather change the style than the colour to be honest, and yeah it would be cool to have alien type huds, as long as they are readable

nah you gotta go with the predator font :p but yeah this sounds like a good idea especially for when theres eventually cockpit views
And with his chrome V8 toys
Immortan Joe created the WarBoys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvHmXxo

Return to “Grip General Discussion”