Beta testing the game on crappy computers

Discuss more technical topics here
KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Beta testing the game on crappy computers

Postby KazzyMac » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:05 pm

the-GURU-man wrote:BTW, why the hell did you get anything with AMD E processor?

Because they're cheap?

Though at least it's not an Intel Atom processor. *shudder*

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 am

the-GURU-man wrote:this is almost perverse!
is there any chance I can install Win 95/98 onto some random Core 2 Duo based laptop? I have a feeling that drivers might become an issue... and I from what I remember, setting up network on Win 98 was a process :D
I am afraid that integrated graphics below Intel HD 4000 will not work at all due to some shader issues and stuff.
BTW, why the hell did you get anything with AMD E processor?

Well, the E based machine was for some school work. I needed something small, lightweight, with decent battery life that was cheap. My choice was limited to either a Sony Vaio machine (The piece I got) or a HP Sponge. The official name of that HP machine wasn't sponge, but that is what the machine was. Most disgusting thing I ever noped away from. Damn near vomitted...

As for the drivers thing, dear god why? I was planning on trying to use the native drivers, but I can understand exactly what you're saying. Which is why I'd try running from the original disc as opposed to the Rollcage Extreme Package.
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:34 am

HP Sponges are (or were) fugly :D
How does your Vaio hold up? Apart from performance issues of AMD E processor. I found it quite hard to get all the correct drivers for Vaio laptops, when I was repairing few.
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Eyes Only

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:36 am

KazzyMac wrote:
the-GURU-man wrote:BTW, why the hell did you get anything with AMD E processor?

Because they're cheap?

Though at least it's not an Intel Atom processor. *shudder*

Current generation atom processors are actually pretty incredible. The old ones were horrendous but the new ones (bay trail, etc) are crazy at performance/price etc. I got the chance to test a few tablets with them. Literally 0 performance issues. The only issue I had was that Microsoft pushed manufacturers to use 32 bit uefi/windows on their tablets because the 64 bit uefi and windows 64 had issues with instant-on (a bug on microsofts part).
My desktop: FX6300, zotac GTX970, 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 evo 500GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Windows 10 Pro.

FLAYZER
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby FLAYZER » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:24 pm

I tried this on a Lenovo Edge netbook with 1.7GHz Athlon II Neo cpu and 4GB of ram, i could barely navigate the game menu, 100% cpu, i had to manually reduce screen resolution to very low in order to get to the graphics options in the menu to turn off stuff, not recommended :D

Just tried a Lenovo e530 with 2.2GHz i3 cpu, 4GB of ram and this ran better as i could use the menu and listen to the music tracks without any lag, however gameplay was pretty poor. i then set the resolution to 800x600 and the game runs great, display driver crashes if i go too fast for too long though.

Return to “Technical & Hardware”