Game troubleshooting

Discuss more technical topics here
Krazy_Weegee

Game troubleshooting

Postby Krazy_Weegee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:39 pm

Okay, so I recently bought GRIP and I was really hoping to have an absolute blast with it! Only problem is, well... it lags like crazy.

I went into the graphics setting and turned it all the way down to low, and even turned off the effects. However, neither of these things helped.

I then tried to close out all of my other external software, and even swept out my browser's history, cache, and cookies (In case by any chance that would help), but not even that helped!

Since I've played the game for only 10 minutes (trying to fix the lag issue), I am considering getting a refund since it isn't running properly. But I REALLY don't want to! I really want to play this game and I really, REALLY love and support it! But, I don't wanna have a game that I an't play. :cry:

Does ANYBODY know a way to fix this?!? I'll get a refund if nobody has any ideas on how to fix the game, as much as I don't want to...

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Game troubleshooting

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:43 pm

What are your system specs ? Did you try lowering the in-game resolution ? The lower it is, the faster it will run.

I have a laptop who is not that great, so I have to run the game in 1024x768

If you have an even more potatoish computer, you might want to consider writing -resx=800 -resy=600 in the Custom Launch options on steam.
Be warned though, it ain't pretty

Krazy_Weegee wrote:and even swept out my browser's history, cache, and cookies (In case by any chance that would help), but not even that helped!

Lol there is no damn way this would have helped. I know voodoo people tend to believe erasing cache and cookies improve the PC performance, but that's absolutely not true, it's completely disconnected.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:I know voodoo people tend to believe erasing cache and cookies improve the PC performance, but that's absolutely not true, it's completely disconnected.

Like, former 3dfx voodoo hardcore fanatics ? \m/
k i'm out :arrow:

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:11 pm

What are your PC specs?

Are you running a laptop? Is the game using your Intel or Nvidia/AMD GPU?
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Technical & Hardware”