So i bought the game

Discuss more technical topics here
DragonH

So i bought the game

Postby DragonH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:11 am

And the minimum system requirements lied to me! ='( my laptop almost can't handle it!

- Windows 8.1 64bits
- 1 TB HDD
- 8GB RAM DDR3
- 2GB NVIDEA GEFORCE 820M
- i7 5500 U DUAL CORE 2.40Ghz with turbo boost to 3.00GHz

using 1260 res and all LOW Graphics still on 20-30 FPS only, hard to control the car on this fast passed game.

Moderators said it could be using the INTEL HD Graphics but i already forced the game on NVIDEA and the FPS stays the same.....

Is there any other solution to me with this laptop stats or i might ask a refund since i have less the 2h played?

Or maybe they gona tweak the performance to weak computers during the early acess too?

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: So i bought the game

Postby Broscar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:36 am

Hey DragonH,

The only minimum requirements we have listed for the game is on it's Steam store page and I don't see how they lied to you. The Geforce 820M in your laptop is very underpowered and it simply doesn't have the punch required to run the game.

Unless you plan on upgrading anytime soon, it's probably better to ask Valve for a refund.

DragonH

Postby DragonH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:56 am

well, my graphic card is 2gb dedicated and the game asks for 1 gb minimum?

I changed some resolution settings and the game runs well...but has to be windowed.....ill see if i like it, otherwise, ill ask for a refund for sure

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:20 am

You realise there's more to a graphics card than just video memory, right?
In contrast, the AMD HD 6850 listed as our minimum requirement is more than 10 times as powerful as the GT 820M in your laptop.

Due to the game being built on Unreal Engine 4 and that engine requiring more powerful hardware by nature, there's very little we can do other than completely gimping the game (which as you probably understand is a pretty big no-no :p). Simply put graphics hardware like that is not a viable optimization target, especially not considering a HD 6850 can be gotten for just €30 second-hand.

Sorry mate :<

DragonH

Postby DragonH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:55 am

alrighttttttt!!!! ill force the game to run on a 640 x 400 resolution!!!!! 60 FPS!!!! wowoow! xD

I got a laptop...so aint easy for me....

and i cant ask a refund cause i dont want any other steam game and i didnt used a credit card....i used a MB NET option in my country and created a virtual card from my DEBIT CARD ONE, and since my MB NET says: USED, idk if i can get it back xD

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:26 pm

DragonH wrote:alrighttttttt!!!! ill force the game to run on a 640 x 400 resolution!!!!! 60 FPS!!!! wowoow! xD

Welcome to the 640x480 club. We ain't see the prettiness of the game, but all hail driving at 60 FPS :D
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

DragonH

Postby DragonH » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:50 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:
DragonH wrote:alrighttttttt!!!! ill force the game to run on a 640 x 400 resolution!!!!! 60 FPS!!!! wowoow! xD

Welcome to the 640x480 club. We ain't see the prettiness of the game, but all hail driving at 60 FPS :D

Hehehehe! I won't give up in my dreams!
I forced the STEAM to run my game on 800x600 full screen and its running quite well on 30-40s FPS!
Thanks to the developers who said i could force steam to use a specific resolution, cause i had no idea we could do that.
Cheers

Sagacity

Postby Sagacity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:56 am

You could always invest in one of those nifty GPU dock things.

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:24 pm

800x600 works fine for me as well, regardless of whether I have the game Fullscreen or Windowed. I prefer Windowed though since it allows me to splash the game up on our old 27" analog television via HDMI to AV adapter with more ease :geek: Although once I bump the game up to a fullscreen window or into fullscreen I'm not sure the ResX/ResY thing works anymore lol

BTW, that same television is the first (and only) screen I ever played Rollcage Stage II on, so I get extra feels value, too! :mrgreen:

Also some explosions and other fancy effects turn into artifacts (magenta explosions, black glass on Transport bridges, etc.)... but IDC because the main thing is I can play XD
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Return to “Technical & Hardware”