Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Discuss more technical topics here
User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:08 am

Minimum System Requirements:
4GB Dedicated video
Quadcore 4.00 Ghz boosted to 4.50
16GB RAM


Recommended:
8GB Dedicated Video
Hexacore 4.00GHz or better
32GB ram


For super quality:

12 GB Dedicated Video
Octacore 4.00 Ghz or etter
64 GB RAM



Comon Chris! please! i had a weak machine that was running the patch 1.09 fine, now i got even more lack of FPS, i think in about 2 patches i won't be able to play it.....
Please, you can make the game better for those rich guys with better desktops, but make the weak ones be able to disable lots of stuff at least in order to stay with the FPS....

Thanks...

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 am

DragonH wrote:Original post

Moved it to Technical & Hardware.

For having a potato myself, I know that it's definitely possible to play Grip at more than 40 FPS.

Just turn down everything, and enter "-resx=800 -resy=600" in the "Custom Launch Options" on Steam (Right click on GRIP -> Properties -> Custom Launch Options).

If you cannot run Grip at more than 40 FPS in 800 x 600, I have no idea which games you can actually run on your PC :/
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:
DragonH wrote:Original post

Moved it to Technical & Hardware.

For having a potato myself, I know that it's definitely possible to play Grip at more than 40 FPS.

Just turn down everything, and enter "-resx=800 -resy=600" in the "Custom Launch Options" on Steam (Right click on GRIP -> Properties -> Custom Launch Options).

If you cannot run Grip at more than 40 FPS in 800 x 600, I have no idea which games you can actually run on your PC :/




i'm already using the 800x600, and before the update i had 35-45 constant, now there's spots that i get 15-25

Potterman, atm i'm playing BATTLEFIELD 4 with textures medium and rest low, with 1334x760 res at 50-60 FPS
Also im playing world of tanks without any sort of probleme
OVERWATCH, no probleme at all! 60 FPS EASY
more, TERA, almost full graphics, constant good FPS
GUILD WARS 2, GOOD FPS almost max quality, only shaders low.
RAINBOW 6 SIEGE, all minimum, textures med, 40-50 FPS

So where's the probleme?

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:48 pm

That's just plain weird indeed. I can go down to 25-30 fps in some spots (on Industrial mostly, especially when the destroyable is destroyed by a missile), but i never go below 20.

What's your specs ?
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:30 pm

i7 dual core 2.40 boosted up to 3.00ghz
8gb ram ddr3
2gb dedicated video memory nvidia 820m
windows 8.1 64 bits


or maybe we can conclude that frostbite and cry engines are engines who are more suitable then unreal engine idk

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:32 am

DragonH wrote:i7 dual core 2.40 boosted up to 3.00ghz
8gb ram ddr3
2gb dedicated video memory nvidia 820m
windows 8.1 64 bits


or maybe we can conclude that frostbite and cry engines are engines who are more suitable then unreal engine idk

Do you have any ways of knowing if Grip actually uses your Nvidia card ?

I got a dual-thing on my laptop (Intel Media Accelerator chipset + Nvidia geforce 830M), but my nvidia never really gets used apparently (or at least, it does not make any difference if i deactivate the graphic card or not).

Maybe you're running into the same issue. But I think it's because of UE4, not Grip :/

Do you have any other game in UE4 that you could test ?
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:25 am

no....tell me a few games who run on UNREAL engine and i might test

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby TheOnLY » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:38 am

Try the new unreal Tournament. It is free

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:06 am

TheOnLY wrote:Try the new unreal Tournament. It is free

free? O.o name?

User avatar
Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby Django » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 am


User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:48 pm

gona give it a try and tell you guys if i have fps drop or not

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:54 pm

We cannot optimize the game for a video card like the 820m. It's a really low end GPU.

However, we're still optimizing the game in general, so it will run better in the end.

Starting a thread with a sarcastic tone like this certainly doesn't help us though
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:44 am

Chris_CE wrote:We cannot optimize the game for a video card like the 820m. It's a really low end GPU.

However, we're still optimizing the game in general, so it will run better in the end.

Starting a thread with a sarcastic tone like this certainly doesn't help us though

The issue isn't the graphic card - I really think that GRIP is not using any of my graphic card resources.

I mean, if I desactivate the graphic card (go in the Windows list of drivers and desactivate it), GRIP does not run any slower.

But that's a problem with UE4
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:46 pm

TheOnLY wrote:Try the new unreal Tournament. It is free


Tunner, i downloaded the Unreal tournament and i can run it all times 60 FPS in 800x600 all minimum quality, it wont go LOWER THEN 60 FPS, super fast, and im kida enjoying the game

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Chris_CE wrote:We cannot optimize the game for a video card like the 820m. It's a really low end GPU.

However, we're still optimizing the game in general, so it will run better in the end.

Starting a thread with a sarcastic tone like this certainly doesn't help us though



So this game is more powerfull then UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4? if yes, damn....if not, why i can run UT4 at 60 FPS on 800x600 minimum quality?

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:21 am

Maybe it's because Epic make Unreal Engine and they know exactly how to optimize the engine they built themselves? Plus all kinds of tricks to make games run faster? And their team is 10 times bigger than ours?

Or like potterman said, GRIP is using Intel integrated graphics for some reason, which is an issue we've been looking into for a long time. Please be patient
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:34 am

Chris_CE wrote:
DragonH wrote:So this game is more powerfull then UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4? if yes, damn....if not, why i can run UT4 at 60 FPS on 800x600 minimum quality?

Maybe it's because Epic make Unreal Engine and they know exactly how to optimize the engine they built themselves? Plus all kinds of tricks to make games run faster? And their team is 10 times bigger than ours?

This - and also, you're comparing Grip with Unreal Tournament. Unreal Tournament is more clean than Grip in the sense that in UT4 it's just lights/lasers and maybe some particle effects for the rockets, but it's really not computing intensive. I'm looking at some UT4 gameplay right now, and I don't see anything really costly to render.

In Grip on the other hand, you got stuff like sand particles and debris - this makes it harder to compute.

I guess you will go "Yeah but why can't I desactivate all that stuff ?", in which case I will answer you "Because it's Alpha". Grip isn't even released, they just don't have enough resources to take care of it (I think it takes a non-negligible amount of time to bring advanced graphics customization options).

What I would be more concerned though, is that you tested UT4 in 800x600, while you were claiming that your graphic card is powerful enough to run games like Guild Wars 2 with decent graphics. Why did you choose the 800 x 600 resolution ? Is it because the framerate had drops in higher res ? If that's the case, then it means UT4 has the same problem as Grip, since you should be able to play UT4 at 1280x760 with a framerate close to 60 fps if your claims are true.

Anyway, as long as Grip isn't released, you cannot take the performance that Grip has right now for granted.

And Grip becoming less performant this patch does not mean it won't be more performant during the release. Just release the pressure, the devs are already doing a great work with Grip considering they don't have as much crew as UT4 dev team.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Idk but its only on GRIP, if you want, i can even show you prints with FRAPS showing my FRAME RATE potterman, wanna see?
Anyways, its ok Chris, dont feel pressed lol

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:21 am

DragonH wrote:Idk but its only on GRIP, if you want, i can even show you prints with FRAPS showing my FRAME RATE potterman, wanna see?

I do not doubt that you get a low framerate on GRIP. No need to post FRAPS screenshot, the problem is not here.

I was just saying that if you got the specs you claim, and if the problem is only on GRIP, not on UT4, then you should get a ~60 fps on UT4 on 1280x760 with good graphics. So far you only tested UT4 in 800x600, which tells nothing on the problem (only that UT4 is less demanding than Grip - but it does not tell if your Nvidia card gets involved on it or not).

If you test UT4 in 1280x760, with good graphics, and gets less than 40 fps, then it means the problem is on UE4, not specific to Grip.
If you get ~60 fps, then it's Grip.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
DragonH
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:52 am

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby DragonH » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:55 pm

in UT4 with 1280x760, on all LOW GRAPHICS i get 25-45, around that, but if i go 1000s or 800x600, with the render at 100%, im always around 50-60


Return to “Technical & Hardware”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron