Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Discuss more technical topics here
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Preview of future GRIP game requirements

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:42 pm

DragonH wrote:in UT4 with 1280x760, on all LOW GRAPHICS i get 25-45

That's the point - you have a much better framerate with other games than with UE4 games.

(you were saying earlier you had 60 fps with Overwatch - unless you play Overwatch in 800x600 ?)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

DragonH

Postby DragonH » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:
DragonH wrote:in UT4 with 1280x760, on all LOW GRAPHICS i get 25-45

That's the point - you have a much better framerate with other games than with UE4 games.

(you were saying earlier you had 60 fps with Overwatch - unless you play Overwatch in 800x600 ?)

Nop, i play overwatch all minimum, 1336x765 and render 75%, all time 60 FPS, wont go lower then that

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:22 am

So you are actually playing in 1002x574 in a game that has small maps and even shorter sightlines

DragonH

Postby DragonH » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:16 am

-.- seriously? lol dont even compare

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:14 am

OK now I'm starting to get worried. The only machine I have access to is my own laptop. Specs are as follows.

- Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Intel Core i3-3130M CPU @ 2.6 GHz (4 Logical Cores, 2 Physical, yes I know what that really means).
- 8GB DDR3 memory (1600 MHz, Two 4GB Modules)
- WDC WD7500BVPX-60LC3T0 Hard Disk Drive (5400 RPM, SATA III)
- Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 218F (U3E1)
- Graphics:
* Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
* Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)

The way people are talking I'm starting to get concerned that I won't be able to run the game fullscreen @1366x768. I don't care if I've gotta turn everything down to minimum, I just wanna get behind the wheel of one of these monsters lol

With the machine I've got, I wouldn't just be wasting my cash buying it... would I? I know you guys would appreciate it if I bought it even if I couldn't play, but I'd rather be able to actually get what I paid for XD
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Driftracer, GRIP is actually a proper, good-looking, UE4-using, mindblowing, supersonic-speeding (etc., I could go on and on) pc game, not a product of a weeklong game jam by a 18-year old guy. If I were a developer I would take that as an insult trying to run it with that kinda machine :D Believe me, I am trying not to be rude but seriously, can you play anything else with that laptop than maybe some indie games like 2D 16 bit platformers?

PC gaming is IMO pretty accessible nowadays with how powerful things you can get with good price 2nd hand. You can get a "normal" desktop with 2-3 hundred and throw in a extra hundred for gtx 770 or something like that and boom you can run awesome (3D xD) games like GRIP. You can even get couple of years old "custom built gaming pc" for like 400 straight. Lasts longer than a console and you can do other things with it, too, and games are cheaper.

Sorry for kinda drifting off-topic but I couldn't help myself.

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Tathendal wrote:can you play anything else with that laptop than maybe some indie games like 2D 16 bit platformers?

I think I can run 7 Days to Die at 30-40 frames with graphics set to medium but it's been a while since I've tried lol

Tathendal wrote:PC gaming is IMO pretty accessible nowadays with how powerful things you can get with good price 2nd hand. You can get a "normal" desktop with 2-3 hundred and throw in a extra hundred for gtx 770 or something like that and boom you can run awesome (3D xD) games like GRIP. You can even get couple of years old "custom built gaming pc" for like 400 straight. Lasts longer than a console and you can do other things with it, too, and games are cheaper.

Kind of in a tight spot money wise atm, and I'm not the one who bought my laptop. Blame my parents for being unable to get me a full blown gaming rig. Ordering stuff offline is difficult for me too seeing as I don't have a credit card. Guess I'll just have to pay my sister or something to order me the parts I need to finish my gaming rig. I've got an 8 core AMD, a mobo, a Windows 10 install disc, and an older N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC ( https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/N560GT ... o-overview ) that someone just flat out gave me a couple years ago. I still need a Power Supply, a Drive, RAM, a Case and a Keyboard. Sure it's not going to be a top of the line rig, but it'll be better than what I got. When it comes to tech, I usually wind up upgrading really slow. I still have a PS2 for pete's sake ._.
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 am

I'm a bit inclined to throw your post into it's own thread, DriftRacer14, but I'm a bad moderator and terribly lazy, so I'll indulge you in misusing an old existing thread.

This is what I had to do to get it to run it on a laptop that's slightly more powerful than yours:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=829130326
You're better off with that GTX 560 Ti. Work a week or two and you can finish that PC (or even longer if the desire to turn the settings higher starts to burn ;p).

Return to “Technical & Hardware”