Grip advertisment

Discuss the trailers, news or campaigns related to GRIP
RollingGuyMaster
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: Grip advertisment

Postby RollingGuyMaster » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 am

This would be the type of game Robbaz would love to play, he's pretty big and popular. Fan base isnt TOO toxic.

Got_No_Grip
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Got_No_Grip » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Is the name GRIP final, cause tbh, when i first saw it (at videogamesawesome trailers show) i thought GRIP is the lamest name you could have used, but then i saw the awesome footage and im really looking forward. Im gonna buy it the second it comes out, but it seems the kickstarter isnt doing well. Have you thought about changing the name? I mean, everything but grip would be better. Even calling it Combat Racer would paint a better picture. The name Grip is so ordinary which this game couldn't be further from. On the first glance, it sounds like another iteration of codemasters (pretentious) simcade racer. I think, it really needs a better name.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:26 pm

I really don't think the name of the game is the reason it isn't doing particularly well in the Kickstarter. The coverage we have managed to get isn't brilliant considering all the Rollcage fans out there who have no idea this game is being made. We didn't really get exposure on many of the big gaming websites.

"Combat Racer" is just a terrible name due to the cliche-ness of it. It's like that alternate American title for "Rollcage stage 2" as "Death Track Racing". Just no. :lol:

I like Grip. It's simple. Is Blur a terrible name for a game? Because it works on the same concept...

A cliche title would just make it worse, even if it tries to portray the exciting aspects of the game, such as explosions and fast racing.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Tazeram wrote:A cliche title would just make it worse, even if it tries to portray the exciting aspects of the game, such as explosions and fast racing.

GRIP title shall be called "explosions and fast racing" from now on. with GT somewhere in between
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Got_No_Grip
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Got_No_Grip » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:31 pm

@Tazeram, Blur isn't horrible, cause it conveys a bit of silliness, and i do think, even Death Track racing would paint a more clear picture. Grip is short, but just too normal and too similar to GRID. It doesn't awake the right kind of interest. The first time, i actually wanted to skip it (and im a relatively passionate racing fan and played allmost all TOCA aka GRID iterations), but then i realized it was (the spiritual successor to) rollcage and i started googling immediately, having played it back in the days. For someone who doesn't know the concept, its seeing the name GRIP and already thinking: "well, i look into it later.. maybe". Even now, knowing what it is, GRIP is just kinda lame and not any less cliche, but rather unimaginative. The name has to stand out to get word of mouth going. Call it the S#Itstorm or the Fat Blur, or whatever does the trick.

Granted, the name is certainly not the only thing. The ongoing Rocket League Party might have something to do with it, which i can't exclude myself from. It's such a shame tehy can't use Rollcage or its assets, which was something i wondered, and at first, didn't help with confidence in the project

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm

Got_No_Grip wrote:t's such a shame tehy can't use Rollcage or its assets, which was something i wondered, and at first, didn't help with confidence in the project

That really doesn't bother me so much now. As much as i love playing Rollcage, it's outdated. Grip has better graphics, physics simulation, rendering power, sound fx, weapon roaster, car design etc... and considering the stretch goals... it seems it may well include all the important game modes Rollcage did and have the advantage of a better online community, more streamlined online gameplay and have game modes like Arena mode online compatible.

Sorry, i just don't agree with your opinion on the title. It's like selling out your music in cheap ways to try and branch to a greater audience. There is no need to give the game a title just so it has buzz words which caters to kids like "Mega explosive death racer GT ... (Ultimate version)". :lol:

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Got_No_Grip wrote:Is the name GRIP final, cause tbh, when i first saw it (at videogamesawesome trailers show) i thought GRIP is the lamest name you could have used, but then i saw the awesome footage and im really looking forward. Im gonna buy it the second it comes out, but it seems the kickstarter isnt doing well. Have you thought about changing the name? I mean, everything but grip would be better. Even calling it Combat Racer would paint a better picture. The name Grip is so ordinary which this game couldn't be further from. On the first glance, it sounds like another iteration of codemasters (pretentious) simcade racer. I think, it really needs a better name.

I think you will understand why the game is called GRIP when you will play it :P

Rollcage wasn't only a combat racing game. It was also a game where the physics and driving were very special. You were losing your GRIP quite often, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing to lose it. I really hope GRIP will get its own driving style as well. In which case GRIP would fit the game very well.

If the game was called "Combat Racing Game", I would either see a Mario Kart picture in my head, or a kind of Flatout with guns.. which does not really fit GRIP's universe
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Got_No_Grip
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Got_No_Grip » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Tazeram wrote: buzz words which caters to kids like "Mega explosive death racer GT ... (Ultimate version)". :lol:

It's not about appealing to Kids, not to mention that we who play games, are still kids inside (forever and ever xD), but to stand out, and most importantly, not take itself too serious. Nobody wants serious stuff right now.

potterman28wxcv wrote:If the game was called "Combat Racing Game", I would either see a Mario Kart picture in my head, or a kind of Flatout with guns.. which does not really fit GRIP's universe

I understand why it's called that, but like i said, it paints the picture of yet another iteration of a sim-cade game. And it kinda is like Mario Kart; Mario Kart for real men xD; Flatout with guns... and plutonium... and lazors xD

However, i said what i had to. Lets hope it works out either way.

PS: how about nitty gritty dirty wipeout', in short NGDW xD Pretty catchy if you ask me :P

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Got_No_Grip wrote:PS: how about nitty gritty dirty wipeout', in short NGDW xD Pretty catchy if you ask me :P

Yeah sure, if you want to start a flame war between the Wipeout community and Rollcage Community! ;)

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Wasn't there already?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:14 am

0Blueaura wrote:Wasn't there already?

There are a couple of guys here who play Wipeout as well (including me)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:19 am

I never had playstation :| maybe I will try fusion reborn later next year

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:42 am

Rollcage and Wipeout always had overlapping fanbases, especially now due to the lack of modern fiction arcade racers. Sure, we've heard the "X game is better!" (Rollcage), but in the end you just fire up either game and have a kickass time.

Return to “News & Promotion”