Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Discuss the trailers, news or campaigns related to GRIP
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby WROB3L » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:57 pm

What if, Our devs would talk with psyonix to get the grip cars into the Rocket League, as free update/dlc?
EVERYBODY loves rocket league, and something like that would boost the player base greatly, im sure.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:35 am

I think it would be the other way around. Psionix would only include GRIP cars if GRIP gets famous
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
Tathendal
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Tathendal » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:41 am

Awesome idea, worth trying! Also that would make me want to play Rocket League

Though if those cars would be able to drive any side up (as in GRIP they are) wouldn't they be OP? (Seriously asking, not played RL that much) (edit. btw are there any differences in hitboxes or anything else than cosmetics in current RL cars?) They don't actually need to be able to do this in game, but if they won't that's kind of dull too...

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby WROB3L » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:54 am

Tathendal wrote:Awesome idea, worth trying! Also that would make me want to play Rocket League

Though if those cars would be able to drive any side up (as in GRIP they are) wouldn't they be OP? (Seriously asking, not played RL that much) (edit. btw are there any differences in hitboxes or anything else than cosmetics in current RL cars?) They don't actually need to be able to do this in game, but if they won't that's kind of dull too...


Every car has its own hitbox and turn angle those are the only things that differentiate them. They would balance them out.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

User avatar
Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Queadah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:18 am

Very clever idea WROB3L.

In fact it's every racing game you could reach like that, but as Potty said, GRIP would need to have the fame first to get included.
You could remedy this however by giving something in return. Making that DLC free and temporary (?) and proposing... keys for winning players or something?

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am

Queadah wrote:You could remedy this however by giving something in return. Making that DLC free and temporary (?) and proposing... keys for winning players or something?

So you mean the Rocket League GRIP DLC (developed by Psyonix) would be free, and would grant free keys for GRIP ?
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

User avatar
Tathendal
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Tathendal » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:39 am

Super Indie Karts could be another game that could include GRIP cars, there are manymany cars/"cars" from other games. Though that wouldn't be such great in promotional sense as RL but it would be something :)

Well any racing game COULD reach Rocket League to include their cars, but GRIP cars would have that personality that they would fit well into RL's roster, imho at least, I hope the devs of RL agree hehe.

If for some reason there will be no GRIP car, there could be some other cosmetic, like isn't there flags etc in RL, there could be one with GRIP logo, might lead to people wondering what that GRIP is and check out the game at least.
potterman28wxcv wrote:So you mean the Rocket League GRIP DLC (developed by Psyonix) would be free, and would grant free keys for GRIP ?


That could be one option but then the price of the DLC would have to be at least the same price than GRIP itself... Could work the other way around, you have to buy GRIP to get the cars in RL? Like some games are advertised "GET TEAM FORTRESS HAT WITH THIS GAMES THEME OMG MUST BUY BECAUSE OF I GET A TF2 HAT"

edit. yeah lol I can't read it seems but that doesn't effect my point :)

User avatar
StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Sweden, Karlstad
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:44 am

I think Grip needs to get a bit more content, have a stable online feature and less issues before something like this happens. I don't think Grip can afford to have a playerbase lose interest this early on because of a big marketing push like this :o I'm probably rambling but someone may probably understand where I'm going with this. It's a very good idea though!
You're just a voice pal.

User avatar
Tathendal
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:45 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Tathendal » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:59 pm

StickyBassline wrote:I think Grip needs to get a bit more content, have a stable online feature and less issues before something like this happens. I don't think Grip can afford to have a playerbase lose interest this early on because of a big marketing push like this :o I'm probably rambling but someone may probably understand where I'm going with this. It's a very good idea though!


Yes, yes, this would happen obviously at the time of launch (=when leaving early access) or at least I took the liberty of assuming this

User avatar
Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Queadah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:14 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:So you mean the Rocket League GRIP DLC (developed by Psyonix) would be free, and would grant free keys for GRIP ?

Well, no, since Psyonix (which sounds furiously like Psygnosis) would develop the thing, I guess there would be a price, theirs. My point was, we'd have to give those devs an incentive (other than money) to indulge CE.

The flip flop and ceiling driving mechanics could be it (though it **could** backfire and promote RL more than GRIP). A GRIP key for 1 large event involving the GRIP DLC would work great since you associate it with the idea of being the ultimate reward.

I agree with StickyBassline it's too soon though

User avatar
Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: ur mom #shrekt
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Broscar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 pm

Psyonix is top dog now. They have no interest in adding cars from other games and I bet they have to turn down plenty of requests for such a thing already.

I do agree with cross-promotion, though. Distance does nice shout-outs to other indie titles.

User avatar
StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:54 pm
Location: Sweden, Karlstad
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby StickyBassline » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Distance is a nice game, but it seems less popular than Grip even :( Although that game has been out for a while now
You're just a voice pal.

User avatar
Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:01 am

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Django » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:37 pm

StickyBassline wrote:Distance is a nice game, but it seems less popular than Grip even :( Although that game has been out for a while now



There are a lot community made tracks for distance. So i would say it has a solid fan base.

To further prove my point if you look at the steam statistics you can see an 30 Day average of 19.7 for Distance and 7.2 for Grip.

I see it as a Top choice as they probably would like a shout out too.



Some other games to consider: Road Redemption Road Rash inspired indie game with guns.
BeamNG.drive maybe too big already but seems somehow indie
Next Car Game: Wreckfest Stock car crash raceing, successor of Flatout. People who like that could very well also like Grip.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby WROB3L » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:24 am

Django wrote:Some other games to consider: Road Redemption Road Rash inspired indie game with guns.
BeamNG.drive maybe too big already but seems somehow indie
Next Car Game: Wreckfest Stock car crash raceing, successor of Flatout. People who like that could very well also like Grip.



GRIP cars in beam.ng? YES PLZ :D
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 am

Cross Promotion Idea

Postby agcue » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 am

So here's a promotion idea (which admittedly is probably really unlikely but I thought I would put it out there anyway)

A GRIP car featuring in Rocket League - Ideally the Dominator :geek:

GRIP could feature some Rocket League advertising billboards on the side of race tracks to pay back or possibly a battle stage that pays homage to a a Rocket League Stadium.

Would it be possible to reach out to the Rocket League Devs?

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:52 am

WROB3L wrote:op

Moved thread to News & Promotion

agcue wrote:So here's a promotion idea (which admittedly is probably really unlikely but I thought I would put it out there anyway)

A GRIP car featuring in Rocket League - Ideally the Dominator :geek:

GRIP could feature some Rocket League advertising billboards on the side of race tracks to pay back or possibly a battle stage that pays homage to a a Rocket League Stadium.

Would it be possible to reach out to the Rocket League Devs?

Merged it with this thread, where the idea has already been discussed :)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 am

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby agcue » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:12 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
WROB3L wrote:op

Moved thread to News & Promotion

agcue wrote:So here's a promotion idea (which admittedly is probably really unlikely but I thought I would put it out there anyway)

A GRIP car featuring in Rocket League - Ideally the Dominator :geek:

GRIP could feature some Rocket League advertising billboards on the side of race tracks to pay back or possibly a battle stage that pays homage to a a Rocket League Stadium.

Would it be possible to reach out to the Rocket League Devs?

Merged it with this thread, where the idea has already been discussed :)


Dude, you are an efficient machine! :ugeek:

User avatar
Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Queadah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:51 am

That's our Potty :D

I think we should totally brainstorm some more to find ideas for GRIP to gain traction.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby WROB3L » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:36 am

Queadah wrote:That's our Potty :D

I think we should totally brainstorm some more to find ideas for GRIP to gain traction.


I`m talking with a youtuber that has over 200k subs soooo :D Im working on it don`t worry :D You know me, I need this game to be successful >:3
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

User avatar
Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 993
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Idea for our devs. More people need to know about this game and this would help!

Postby Queadah » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:38 am

\o/


Return to “News & Promotion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron