Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Talk about anything you want regarding GRIP's gameplay mechanics or features (that can't be covered in other forums)

Poll: Do you want drivers to have a personality in the game?

Yes, I want to know who's butt my missile is going up
51%
No, I don't care. I just like to see things blow up.
49%

Total votes: 139

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Re: Poll: Do you want "characters" as racers in Grip?

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:08 pm

Django wrote:
Jetgaze wrote:Instead of wasting fuel on making 3d dudes and voicing them...

Oh yes please no 3D animated faces those always suck. Only in AAA games they sometimes dont suck.

Partly "animated" 2D Faces could be cool. Jagged Alliance 2 Style.

Voiceover on the other hand would be pretty nice and would add a portion profoundness. Just not for the budget. (Like JA2, Evolve2 or any game with decent voiceover)

3D faces could even scare or disgust you :)

I remember back in the day when I was playing Wipeout Fusion and I would go: Yeah FEISAR! and then: WTF MAN!! really??

I know I can't do better but I would rather not put this on my game or I would feel ashamed :( Here is the example:

https://youtu.be/XkC0Pdb-Xuc?t=4m30s

Voices too can be annoying as hell so if you can't find decent voice actors better save money to just put my most wanted sexy AI female voice as a announcer and leave everything else mute! :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Dreganius

Postby Dreganius » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Personally, I'm not too fussed. I am more focused on playing the game itself and customizing my car, but I'm not one to be upset when more options are added. My view on it is: If you can fit characters in easily enough without taking resources away from car customization, go for it, the more options the merrier. So long as you can also ignore/mute them in case they get annoying ;)

Dreganius

Postby Dreganius » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:04 am

A thought came to mind the other day, so I apologize for the double post but here it is. Perhaps instead of having a character avatar, we have an emblem editor, akin to other games such as Armored Core, For Honor, and more. Emblems can be made from either preset shapes, or you could create one pixel-by-pixel. They'd really only need to about 200x200 to be visible, perhaps less if it's mainly used as a player icon. Could be applied to a specific spot (or a few choosable spots) on each car, too. This is something I would definitely like to see, moreso than a face portrait.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:42 pm

The emblem editor is an interesting idea, I spent a lot of time with doodling on clan flags and logoes in mmorpg-s too. Actually if there will be clans or whatever in the game and some member of them achieves something great on a track (like: best lap time on Transport in Time Trial), the flags could actually display the individual's, or it's team logo, along with having the top row in the race statistics on that track.

And I do agree on having interesting characters as mascots or campaign faces aswell. Just look at how goddamn big of a fanbase Overwatch has for it's characters. And for some reason it was nice to have faces for the pilots in rollcage 1 too, even if there was no background behind them, and their model was like it was carved with an axe. So yeah, no 3D, unless it's done right :p

On some other topic I saw someone drew pilot models, they were actually pretty good, I'd consider having them with more detail.

Return to “Game Features”