Thousands in lap times

Talk about anything you want regarding GRIP's gameplay mechanics or features (that can't be covered in other forums)
Whiplash

Thousands in lap times

Postby Whiplash » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm not a private tester, but I've analyzed most of the currently uploaded YouTube videos of GRIP's gameplay. I'm sure it's not a hard thing to change there, so please, add the thousands in those lap times. That's the thing that I've missed the most in earlier RC games, especially when playing time trial.

P.S.
So far, the game looks great. Keep up the great work!

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Thousands in lap times

Postby WROB3L » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:12 pm

But. Why?
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:53 am

This brings back memories from an old suggestion

Maybe UE4 would be precise enough to allow this.

But, like Wrob, I wonder why you would want that. How useful would it be to have an extra digit ?
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Whiplash

Postby Whiplash » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:06 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:But, like Wrob, I wonder why you would want that. How useful would it be to have an extra digit ?

If it's possible, why simply not? Why not having more precise lap times? It will give more variety and uniqueness to all lap times.
Why would they need it in F1 races and and in most of the other racing genres? I guess, simply because it's better. I remember having tons of exactly the same lap times in RC1 stats. And I'm sure they are not actually the same. The problem is just that I can't see that.
I know that having a certain thousands is often more matter of luck, then a skill - but it's still better to see preciser results.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:25 am

Well, given GRIP is going to be a success once officially released, it's safe to say leaderboards may get crowded with similar results... I say why not :)
Last edited by Queadah on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:47 am

Queadah wrote:Well, given GRIPS is going to be a success once officially released, it's safe to say leaderboards may get crowded with similar results... I say why not :)

+1. Rollcage did not have world-scale leaderboards, nor many people who play it.
Thousands might have been unnecessary for Rollcage, but with Grip, that's another matter
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Demigan

Postby Demigan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:20 am

Yes, a definite yes.

I'm not really that interested in my times on world-leader boards, especially since 90% of the world-leader boards anywhere are dominated by cheaters. But whenever I'm doing any multiplayer game against friends and we get incredibly close to the finish line, we stay on the edge of our seats for the whole duration it takes that our times are shown. There is nothing like beating/being beaten by just a few hundreds of seconds.

So if you add this, make sure players can see their times for longer and can compare them in the case of narrow scores.

Return to “Game Features”