Some impressions.

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
AuguryOne
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Some impressions.

Postby AuguryOne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Personally, no huge bugs yet, but couple things of note.

A couple times after hitting something and doing some flips, I admittedly became quite disorriented. Not a problem in itself, but having an indicator pop up or an arrow to show which way to go would be good in those instances.
Related to that, it would seem if you drive backwards back to the line, you can gain a lap.

As a sidenote, it often strikes me how... kind of weightless the vehicles can seem at times. Not gamebreaking, but given some of the heights ive bounced up a wall, then.... floated down, gravity could use a tweak (or if the planet is low gravity, some indicator to say "beware obscene flight times!" would be appreciated.

Torben
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Some impressions.

Postby Torben » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:24 pm

AuguryOne wrote:As a sidenote, it often strikes me how... kind of weightless the vehicles can seem at times. Not gamebreaking, but given some of the heights ive bounced up a wall, then.... floated down, gravity could use a tweak (or if the planet is low gravity, some indicator to say "beware obscene flight times!" would be appreciated.

I feel this could be an amazing gameplay twist. Until someone finds a way to abuse it in a way to break the game, of course :)
And the Dutch said: "Wees zuinig", and thus, somewhat later, we had the moneyz.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:48 pm

AuguryOne wrote:As a sidenote, it often strikes me how... kind of weightless the vehicles can seem at times. Not gamebreaking, but given some of the heights ive bounced up a wall, then.... floated down, gravity could use a tweak (or if the planet is low gravity, some indicator to say "beware obscene flight times!" would be appreciated.

It's been a tough battle trying to balance the gravity and weight of the car without causing physics issues. The gravity is already something like double right now, to add to the sense of weight. Ue4 by default is a bit floaty. Much work to do in this department. It wasn't easy getting to where it is now
Game Director
GRIP

AuguryOne
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby AuguryOne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Yea, i've heard this mentioned, and it's not exactly a problem really.

I also don't disagree with above, maybe have the different planets with differing gravity settings... Once you've worked it long enough, you'll have quite the skills at managing the differing gravities LOL.

Fate
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Fate » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm

I'm all for 4x gravity... but Chris wouldn't let me :)
Probably because the space time continuum was stretched to breaking point and we fall through the World... tch. Seriously... what's wrong with falling through the floor...? Oh, right.
David Perryman
Producer/Designer
Grip

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Fate wrote:I'm all for 4x gravity... but Rob wouldn't let me :)

FTFY

But yeah, changing the gravity is a baaaad idea
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”