Steam Controller

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
imgoingblind
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Steam Controller

Postby imgoingblind » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:24 pm

First of all, i'm just 30 mins into the game and the feeling is amazing. Such a great work guys!

I'm having some issues with the steam controller:

In normal mode ( it has the XBOX360 configuration ) the analog stick seems to work but in order to accelerate you have to actually push the stick to the top and that makes the steering practically impossible. Right trigger doesn't work as accelerator as suggested on the controls scheme inside the game options.

Then I tried to configure the controller to emulate the keyboard keys ( whose work perfectly ) but the game seem to still recognize the controller and use the input as a controller.. not as the emulated keyboard keys. So it's back to the previous issue.

Hope to figure how to fix this, and i'll keep giving feedback as much as i can! :geek:

AuguryOne
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Steam Controller

Postby AuguryOne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Just wanted to post here, to say with a normal wired 360 controller, the basic controls seem to work fine for me (RT is accel, LT is brake, LB/RB are weapons, and LS steer RS camera, as expected), so some issue with steam controller emulation?

imgoingblind
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby imgoingblind » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:05 pm

Funny thing... Seem to work perfectly when pluged trough USB. But on wireless it's a mess... I'll keep investigating. :?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:47 pm

Hey blind,

Yeah, we really used the 360 type controller as an example, so other controller support may be wonky right now. That will change. Wheels will also be supported later
Game Director
GRIP

tadam

Postby tadam » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:57 pm

imgoingblind wrote:Funny thing... Seem to work perfectly when pluged trough USB. But on wireless it's a mess... I'll keep investigating. :?

Hi , I have problem with my steam controller , because analog stick works like a arrow just when giving left there is no control over how much I want to go to left just like on the keyboard , do you know how to change this to act like a real analog stick? thanks

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:49 pm

I just tested my Steam controller and it works fine, with the acceleration and steering dependent on how much you move the stick or the trigger. Do you have the latest firmware?
Game Director
GRIP

tadam

Postby tadam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:09 am

Chris_CE wrote:I just tested my Steam controller and it works fine, with the acceleration and steering dependent on how much you move the stick or the trigger. Do you have the latest firmware?

yep I am sure it was updating , even I tried to change in Big Picture to ps4 or x360 behaviour , so it should work like an analog stick without any changes in steam controller options?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:23 pm

I changed no options, and just played with the Steam controller right out of the box, and yes the trigger and joystick are analog, like any other racing game. I don't know how to replicate your issues because I don't have them :/
Game Director
GRIP

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Sounds like Steam does not detect that the game is running to me, as this is the configuration it uses on desktop.

tadam

Postby tadam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Ok it works now because on default it wasn't set as a joystick :D feels great now , but now little issue is that when I change upper bumper for action like shift or crtl it doesn't work

tadam

Postby tadam » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Ok I managed to get those buttons to work :) can someone give me advice what this does when changing to ps4 and x360 behaviour in steam setup?

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Not sure what you mean tadam, can you elaborate?
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”