First impressions - Features i would like

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
User avatar
Terpz
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm

First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Terpz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi

So far i enjoyed the game, brings back memories and i like the speed of the game!
GOOD JOB GUYS - cant wait for updates and the final game :)

I know this is a beta and the game is long from finished, but just in case i got a few things to say:

Some bugs:
Arena:
- Missiles locks to random places (dont know if this is affected in race mode also)

Race:
- I seem to hit invincible items on the road / air some times

Things that bother me a bit:
- When im flying throug the air, and hit the ground, i feel its pretty hard to get back on track going straigt, especially if the car makes a small jump at the landing

- That i cant deploy a mine when in-air

- Easy bots should be beatable, even when playing the first hours of the game.

Nice to have:
- Weapon hit detection, it would be nice to have some kind of indikator that one of my mines / missiles hit a target, a cool feature for the missile would be a small "follow camera" so you can see when the missile hits the target

- "You are going the wrong way!" - message

--

Thanks for the game so far, its awesome and you're awesome! ;)

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 pm

Adding your suggestions to the big list, but next time please try not to merge suggestions with impressions and keep one topic per suggestion to make it cleaner :)

Thanks for your feedback !
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby WROB3L » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:23 pm

Don`t you think that deploying LANDmines in the AIR is a bit weird? xD
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

User avatar
HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Yeah it is weird :) I was like flying and trying to deploy the landmines in the air cause of Wipeout hahahaha

well they can always change the name for bomb or something but the way it is seems nice already
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)

User avatar
Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Tiakh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:51 pm

WROB3L wrote:Don`t you think that deploying LANDmines in the AIR is a bit weird? xD

If you look closely the mine are actually dropped from the height of the vehicle and fall then down on the ground, stead of instantly being deployed on the ground. So letting it fall from a higher place should still be possible though in the most cases less effictive. I still second that feature.

User avatar
HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah it can be nice I mean it's the future so sure they can make mines fly :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)

Stinkinmushroom
Grip Contributor
Grip Contributor
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Stinkinmushroom » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:36 pm

Already told my suggestions to Chris but I might aswell post them here.

- Wrong way signal
- A 'get back in the middle of the track' button
- Some props on the road with arrows and signals to see where to go
- I feel like some of the plants in Liddo 5 are too big and my car can get lost in them. Not that much of a problem though
- Sometimes the cars would bounce weirdly when hitting the ground. Even when I fall straight on it, I would bounce all weirdly

Other then that I love how the car drives, looooooove the music and the general look of the game so far :)

User avatar
Terpz
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Terpz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:58 am

Dont think its wierd at all to deploy mines while in-air, in my mind, the car "drops" the mine on the road, and dosnt plant it in the ground.
Imagine flying over another car and deploy the mine in his face.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:18 am
Location: Poland

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby WROB3L » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:32 am

Tiakh wrote:
WROB3L wrote:Don`t you think that deploying LANDmines in the AIR is a bit weird? xD

If you look closely the mine are actually dropped from the height of the vehicle and fall then down on the ground, stead of instantly being deployed on the ground. So letting it fall from a higher place should still be possible though in the most cases less effictive. I still second that feature.


To be honest i never even thought about looking backwards when deploying a mine xD but good to know
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks for the feedback! All of it's being taken into consideration
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:13 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Terpz wrote:Dont think its wierd at all to deploy mines while in-air, in my mind, the car "drops" the mine on the road, and dosnt plant it in the ground.
Imagine flying over another car and deploy the mine in his face.


These mines could also disrupt a little who is close to the explosion! So the mine would explode in his face and would throw both of you!!!!!!!! That way the one in front who dropped it would get a boost and the one behind would get behind :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB
OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)

User avatar
wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:18 pm

HikikomoriGamer wrote:
Terpz wrote:Dont think its wierd at all to deploy mines while in-air, in my mind, the car "drops" the mine on the road, and dosnt plant it in the ground.
Imagine flying over another car and deploy the mine in his face.


These mines could also disrupt a little who is close to the explosion! So the mine would explode in his face and would throw both of you!!!!!!!! That way the one in front who dropped it would get a boost and the one behind would get behind :)


That's already possible, it's just very difficult to use well since the explosion sends you airborne, as well as your victim. Might be more manageable with the improved physics from today's patch though.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

User avatar
sadovsf
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:59 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby sadovsf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:11 pm

missiles locking to random places.
I even saw stuck blue shield without car. So it seems almost like destroyed cars are removed visually but are still somewhere where targeting system and some other game parts can acess them... Btw i saw this issue with locking to seemingly random places even in my last race. But in arena it is basically 100% repro i would say...

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:11 pm

sadovsf wrote:
missiles locking to random places.
I even saw stuck blue shield without car. So it seems almost like destroyed cars are removed visually but are still somewhere where targeting system and some other game parts can acess them... Btw i saw this issue with locking to seemingly random places even in my last race. But in arena it is basically 100% repro i would say...

Yeah this is a known issue. Got it logged in the forum and on our internal bugs list
Game Director
GRIP

DrawingPlayful
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:58 am

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby DrawingPlayful » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:31 am

Terpz wrote:
- Easy bots should be beatable, even when playing the first hours of the game.



The first time playingthe game, I beat the easy bots first try on each track.
After just 1 hour I can beat the hard bots on one of the tracks and lap them
I personally see no gain from making the easy bots even easier

User avatar
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:20 pm
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:22 am

DrawingPlayful wrote:
Terpz wrote:
- Easy bots should be beatable, even when playing the first hours of the game.



The first time playingthe game, I beat the easy bots first try on each track.
After just 1 hour I can beat the hard bots on one of the tracks and lap them
I personally see no gain from making the easy bots even easier

That's not the case of everyone. I played with 2 friends on splitscreen, and both ended in the last quarter of the race.
We did one race three times - on the third time the friend was a bit better, ending 5th, but still. And that was on Easy.

Easy should be really easy imo - like dumb. A 8 years old child should be able to end in the first half with almost no problem.

Maybe there should be like 7 cars in Easy mode, and 3 cars in Medium mode - so that it's not that easy, but your first playthroughs still give you satisfaction.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

DrawingPlayful
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:58 am

Re: First impressions - Features i would like

Postby DrawingPlayful » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:51 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
DrawingPlayful wrote:
Terpz wrote:
- Easy bots should be beatable, even when playing the first hours of the game.



The first time playingthe game, I beat the easy bots first try on each track.
After just 1 hour I can beat the hard bots on one of the tracks and lap them
I personally see no gain from making the easy bots even easier

That's not the case of everyone. I played with 2 friends on splitscreen, and both ended in the last quarter of the race.
We did one race three times - on the third time the friend was a bit better, ending 5th, but still. And that was on Easy.

Easy should be really easy imo - like dumb. A 8 years old child should be able to end in the first half with almost no problem.

Maybe there should be like 7 cars in Easy mode, and 3 cars in Medium mode - so that it's not that easy, but your first playthroughs still give you satisfaction.


That's true. So stupid of me to think from only my point of view. Thanks for straightening me out there :)
Maybe the easy bots should be easier.


Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron