[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Anti-cheat - GRIP Video Game Forum

Anti-cheat

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Ryu Makkuro

Anti-cheat

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 am

This is a topic that every single PC game has to go through, let's be honest. There will always be that kid who just can't bear to lose and will download some trainer or other stuff and go and ruin the multiplayer experience for everyone else.

My question is simple. Are there any plans on providing an actual anti-cheat solutions to the game?

And please spare me the "we won't tell what we're doing to not help hackers" line. I've heard it too many times in games where quite literally nothing was done about it.
I'm asking this since it haven't been brought up but with multiplayer being closer than further according to the latest news, this has to be talked about. A 3rd-party solution would be the best for the work time, but not that nice on the funds. Self developed will be nice on the funds but less on work time and possibly trust with the community, since we can't tell if it's there or not, if you're working on it or not or if you're actually doing something about it or not. Just removing the times and banning the blatant cheaters is not enough, where a small passive boost to performance is enough for the skilled people to win everything.

It's in best interest to the Devs to make sure that there won't be any distrust in the community which can create a highly toxic situation. I think everyone here been there and no one wants this to be the case here as well.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Anti-cheat

Postby Queadah » Tue May 10, 2016 2:48 pm

I had a few aim bots and macros ready. Guess I'll just ditch them X)

On a serious note: good to bring that to the table

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue May 10, 2016 4:02 pm

I really think they should not think too big and not have servers to find opponents, avoid the e-sports thing and just do a multiplayer mode that you can play with friends and have fun!

So that way if there is no board to tell who is the best of the best there is no reason to get angry if you lose to a filthy cheater. You can ALT+F4 and deal with it better :)

So in the end you block/avoid cheaters in your next race, find a lot of decent ppl, schedule a day and time and just have fun in an locked room!

When the game is finished and they get rich they can always update the game for a better online mode or make GRIP 2 :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue May 10, 2016 4:57 pm

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue May 10, 2016 5:51 pm

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue May 10, 2016 6:14 pm

Mik1
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Mik1 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:41 am

GRIP doesnt seem like a game that would attract a lot of hackers for me being a less known racing game than triple A shooter, but i dont know, maybe being able to cheat easier would bring more cheaters.

My only experience with hackers is pretty much team fortress 2 where they are blatantly hacking while spamming "get good get lmaobox" in chat. Almost all of the hackers ive seen there dont know how to play the game itself, im not talking about basics but when i look at their movement and placement on the map i can tell they are not so good they could hit all those headshots legit.
I like to give people a benefit of a doubt even if it looks really fishy that a sniper with no cosmetics on gets so many headshots in a short time. Some pros dont use any cosmetics to not attract so much attention.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed May 11, 2016 4:21 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed May 11, 2016 5:37 am

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Wed May 11, 2016 4:21 pm

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed May 11, 2016 4:32 pm

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Wed May 11, 2016 5:27 pm

So it is all handled by VALVE and even if the devs want to make it better and make the bans crazy like I don't know daily it's useless? Another good options?

Even if VAC is not that great if the devs have no better idea or options this would be a start cause you can always change the anti cheater right?

and yes sadly we will always have some cheaters but if I know that this guy that ruined my fun today will be banned tomorrow makes things a lot better like when you get robed and discover the police got the guy you know

Don't know if it's easy to find so sorry if my google skills sucks but would be nice to get a list for the best 3rd party anti cheat here! If anyone knows any please post here :)

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed May 11, 2016 5:35 pm

I know of EasyAntiCheat (used in iRacing for example), ESL Anti Cheat, Punkbuster and VAC.

I'm not sure how VAC works exactly, so don't quote me on anything regarding it. I just heard that bans from it in CS:GO are quite rare. However you can always have an option to report players, but that would require a demo/replay of the entire race preferably with telemetry data available for it. That way it could be possible to check if someone's acceleration is too good even by slight amount or something along the lines. The downside however would be that it takes a long time to properly check something like this, so there would have to be dedicated team to check just those things.
There's no perfect solution unfortunately and most require a lot of funds especially if the game is meant to last.

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Wed May 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Thanks man!

This EasyAntiCheat have some indie games using it so maybe it not too pricey.

Sorry don't know about this but the game will have mod support so can it open more holes for cheaters abuse? man it's so much information to think about that sometimes I get it why some devs don't even care about anti cheat :(

But in the end we will have to wait and see what devs are going to do with this game and I guess it will take some time!

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu May 12, 2016 7:27 am

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri May 13, 2016 10:19 am

Good discussion guys. We will indeed have cheat protection, and we'll review this thread while implementing
Game Director

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 10:23 am

Skid

Postby Skid » Fri May 13, 2016 1:18 pm

The main thing to worry about when implementing cheat protection is to try and have the server sanity check values coming in, IE a car shouldn't be able to accelerate from 0 to 700kps in a second, and check the cars not going faster then a sane max speed. That sort of thing.
: ) Skid : )
My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/SkidIncGaming
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/skid_inc
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”