Player 2

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
LordEthan

Player 2

Postby LordEthan » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:38 am

I was playing Grip, then I tryed to go 2 player
There seemed to be no player 2 controls, I don't understand this
Could someone tell me how to set them up or is it not yet in the game?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Player 2

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:18 am

You need two controllers to play splitscreen right now. (controller + keyboard does not work. Same for keyboard + keyboard).
It will be changed in the future, there's just a lot of things to do for the GRIP team and so little time :-)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

DriftRacer14

Postby DriftRacer14 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:38 am

I can confirm that, even with a controller CONNECTED and WORKING for Both Players, there's no way to custom-map Controls for Player 2. I can also confirm that the current system does NOT clone Player 1's controls in order to create Player 2's controls, as when I was going through all the actions on both controllers Player 2 had the odd ability to Look Back using EITHER RightStick Down OR the Y button.

Player 1's controller on my system is a Steelseries 3GC and Player 2's controller is a Logitech F310 (I may switch these at a later date). I used x360ce to spoof both controllers so they look like XBOX 360 controllers to the system. The only differences between the two controllers according to the system are as follows:
Player1's Triggers are Digital, whereas Player2's Triggers are Analog.
Player2's Controller has an Extra Button that Automatically Opens Steam Big Picture Mode (I can't seem to remap this to a better function).

So yea in a future build I think we'll want to be able to custom map controls for Player 2.

Also since we're on the subject of Multiplayer... I know that it sounds a bit insane but can we get 4-Way Split Screen where each player gets a corner? If this was added my niece and nephews wouldn't have to fight over who gets to race Uncle Drift as much since they could ALL go up against me lol (Well, I have a niece and three nephews so one would have to wait but let's be reasonable, plus my youngest nephew's like two so I don't think his little hands could get a good hold on the controller just yet, anyway XD)
OK, tell it to me straight... in Rollcage Stage II for the PS1... was Winter Wonderland II even possible to Gold Medal...? :cry:

Retreating is Running Away. Falling Back, however, is simply Advancing in a Different Direction.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:05 pm

4 player split screen is coming. We've barely worked on split screen, which is why player 2 control mapping is unavailable. Will do later, for sure. We just have higher priorities right now
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”