[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
1.0.11 Thoughts discussion thing - GRIP Video Game Forum

1.0.11 Thoughts discussion thing

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Zyvoxid
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1.0.11 Thoughts discussion thing

Postby Zyvoxid » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:36 am

Let's discuss 1.0.11 :)

The new map is great! Needs more polishing but it's really good already! Especially the tunnels at the end of the lap are a bit wonky.
I've encountered a wrong way bug on the new map but I've reported it in the bug report section.
The bots are tougher to beat imo, got last most races XD (or i'm just bad).
the car handling has improved a lot. Turning is now much easier and overall driving is better.
Dominator's tires have been changed, but it hasn't updated in the pics where you can choose your car color. I liked the previous tires more though.
More structures on transport, Nice work!

also, MULTIPLAYER HYPE?
I'm combat ready!

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 1.0.11 Thoughts discussion thing

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Oh my god

Chris

Chris

From here on out

leave physics exactly the way they are

No clipping, even boosting in the tunnels on Yuri with the Dreadnought on Wild, turning feels great, sliding feels great, vehicle collisions feel great

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE JUST ADD MORE CONTENT

Also FIC Outpost, that's two tracks I've named now? :P It's already my favorite track in the game, I love the visuals and flow of it, it feels fantastic and looks amazing. I like the new textures and props on Yuri, too. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to test out Transport or Alhatra right now, but I'll have to check them out when I get home from work later!

EDIT: Also I really like the new missile indicator beeps and lights, helps a lot to differentiate at a moment's notice between a leader-seeker and a normal missile. Missile Tracking on FIC Outpost is currently completely broken, but since the track came out like 20 minutes ago that's understandable.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Torben
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Torben » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:25 pm

The new powerup is wonderful, especially the visual effect! Whenever it is used it turns dark(er) and I have the 'oh lord, not good' feeling.

But I'm not so much a fan of the new track. It's very easy to be sent flying over bumps that seem almost invisible, leaving you to ride the force field wall for a painful amount of seconds. The huge tunnels in the level have sudden walls at the end on the roof, which I did not expect. They feel out of place, especially considering the map is - I hope - meant to feel open and to have some kind of natural flow. If so, then I don't want to think too much about where I should and should not be (aside of dodging mines).

And this last thing might just be me because I like going fast, but some corners are perhaps a bit too unforgiving: lose control and you are sent into a mountain and start doing sky figure skating for a minute.

No map is of course meant to be easy, and I've only driven on two or three times (about 12 laps) so maybe I just need to get used to it. But the map does need some polishing compared to the others (which isn't that weird because it has just been released). ;)
And the Dutch said: "Wees zuinig", and thus, somewhat later, we had the moneyz.

Admeet75
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Admeet75 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Oh how I am loving the new track! FIC Outpost is now definitely my favourite track. The flow, the visuals, the multiple routes, it just blends so well and smoothly for a WIP track. Even on Wild engine power the AI doesn't seem to mess up on the new track as often as on the others. With just a few polishing touches here and there (i.e. smoothing out some of the bumps and tunnel entrances and exits), this will definitely be a track I will keep on revisiting in the game. :D

The physics of the cars have been greatly improved as well. no longer am I skidding or loosing control in tunnels nor do I feel the cars are a bit heavy in turning (especially the Dominator). The vehicle stats have now been balanced out now (I found myself in the last update switching from the Dominator to the Dreadnought as it was oddly the more drivable). I wouldn't do much else to the physics now instead of ironing out a few, if rare, cases of the vehicle being launched into the air when landing a jump. :)

There were two irk I found with the update is while the missile tracking is improving, I still find a missile missing a target when a car is going around a banked curve.
There was also a slight but sudden framerate drop on the new track. I'm not sure whether or not this applies to the other tracks, and my computer is pretty high spec (i.e. Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X and Intel Core I7-2700K with 8GB of Ram).

Overall however, a fantastic update! :mrgreen:
Nope.avi

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:03 pm

Played it for bout an hour or so and I'm liking it so far. The driving feels really close to perfect. I feel like the cars under steer too much when at higher speeds and braking only makes it worse. My first impression of the FIC Outpost are rather positive. Its a nice big open track that allows high speeds. This is where I noticed that the Dreadnought under steers quite a bit at top speed. As for AI, I noticed that they are much more harder to keep up. Found myself barely at first at all. Great update.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:36 pm

I do very much like the new update aswell!

Finally the AI grew some balls, and for the first time in ages, i don't feel like i'm driving alone on an 8 player race, and I even managed to lose to them! The driving physics now is truly fantastic, and it should being left as it is! Oh, and don't get me started on the new map, I LOVE IT!

However, even tho you applied some performance tweaks, now I'm experiencing some serious fps drops, on the new, and on the older tracks aswell, and for some reason it gets worse by the laps we are going by. (8gb ram, i5-4460, Strix Gtx960)

Old and Putrid

Postby Old and Putrid » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 am

Okay guys, after a couple of hours having a little play on the old and new tracks, I can honestly say that physics have come a long way, there are still a few instances that need improvement and i shall post some video and explanations when i can get around to it. That's not to say that i'm not impressed, it is very close to a finished product in my opinion, you guys have worked wonders with this latest update.
I did notice somewhere it said that vehicle handling needs to be improved in further patches, i would like to say that the steering is a little light at higher speeds, not something i would expect from cars with this much grip. Anyway, i'm very happy with things altogether and i can't say i have any major complaints, looking forward to see what's coming up and as always i will try to help as much as i can with feedback.

kerikeron
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby kerikeron » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:35 am

I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said. This feels like a very stable patch in terms of physics. I'm sure the team is working out what kind of tweaks they'd like to make on it and my 2 cents would probably be faster acceleration. There will be times online when someone knocks you off your line and now you're just forever behind them, especially with the amount of mines that will be placed.

The new track is definitely memorable, which is how every track should be. It has a solid design and you feel like you're exploring the first drive through. Nice work.

All-in-all, patches like this is why I threw my money at CE. Being able to experience the transformation and realization of the first racing game I'll enjoy on PC. (Make a WipEout-isque game next ;D)

Tiakh
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Tiakh » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Hey guys im back for this patch :D

Since i hadnt much time playing the game (and wont in the near future :( ) Im a bit new to the game again and have therefore a new first or better second impression.

Some basic stuff thats already longer in the game:

1. most obstacle in Transport are still 100% blocker and destroy the driving flow completly. driving against a wall kills all the speed and takes quite a while to get back to the speed. Though its already better then before ;)
2. One thing that bugged me from the beginning: the weapon reaction time. It take pretty long for most weapons to activate. The machinge gun has a run up time, the missles start pretty slow, turbo has a start up time and even the mines :/
For my part it feels a bit slow in comparison how fast paced the game is in terms of driving speed. Yes, i know it makes weapon use more tactical if it has start up time, but i dont think this game needs these strategies.
3. turning the camera is still unintuitive. I mean the camera should center the car and not itself. I dont see much of an advantage as it is now :/

For the new Patches:
4. new weapon: EMP is great though i would like the have a way to counter it. Like beeing untouched by it when you re in the air :D Also it should have a considerable stronger effect on guys in front of you than behind (couldnt test if its already the case) ;)
visually the EMP is already pretty cool :)
5. the novos map is also great. i already drove it before in the testing branch. so i knew what was coming for me. It has a really nice flow and also looks awesome ^^ The only thing i dont really enjoy driving it the last big U-Turn Tunnel, but dunno what to do about it.
6. physics-wise the new patch seems very stable. i like it .

Sorry that i cant be that active anymore, but that has personal reasons :) Though i will still follow all the new updates ^^

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Game Director

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Game Director

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:57 am

Last edited by Queadah on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old and Putrid

Postby Old and Putrid » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:47 am

Zyvoxid
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Zyvoxid » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm combat ready!

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:36 am

Last edited by Queadah on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:09 pm

I totally agree about the way the camera should rotate around the car (like in GTA V, as you said Chris). ;)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:04 am

Game Director

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”