New physics...?! wtf?!

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
atv_123

Re: New physics...?! wtf?!

Postby atv_123 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:19 am

If that would be in regard to my post, I would just like to point out that I was not saying that you need to add this into the game, I was just pointing out how it could potentially really work. Trying to justify the insane if you will. Everyone keeps saying that they want the game to at least be believable, so I am just taking what I see in game and giving them a different look at it so it becomes believable.

That being said, I totally agree. If you were to use a physics engine that ran these cars with real "Earth" parameters, this type of racing just wouldn't be what we see in the game at all. It would probably end up being a crazy mess... but we are running these races on all sorts of different planets anyways right? By just saying that and just saying we are on something like a Super Earth you can explain away the high gravity and ludacris down forces that would be created by driving through an inherently thicker atmosphere.

This would also take care of the wheelspin problem and give the crazy amount of traction required to take corners at crazy high speeds seeing as friction is just the natural force times the coefficient of friction. Slowing down on hills might become an issue though :lol:

Powering the car? What about dealing with the extra gravity? Wouldn't you need a more powerful engine? Not necessarily. When you are on a high gravity planet, it will probably have a thicker atmosphere. Since we have more air to breath, that means we also have more air to burn... instant boost! (assuming the thing doesn't explode from such higher pressures as these) More power to offset the added gravity! Done and done :D

Lets just ignore the fuel consumption for now cause that would be crazy high :lol:

mrjimp
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: New physics...?! wtf?!

Postby mrjimp » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:51 am

Hi codemonkey.

I just wanted to point out that my original post was posted the 30:th jan 2017. Thats a good 8 months ago when you answered. At least a few patches have come out during that time no?

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”