[SOLVED] Game wont start

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
GTO_Judge_UT

[SOLVED] Game wont start

Postby GTO_Judge_UT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:58 pm

I just finished purchasing and downloading the game through steam. Whether i try to start it through steam or my desktop grip icon, I get a prompt for Steam Client Services installation through windows user account control. i click yes to allow the installation/changes to the computer and a window opens stating grip-steam performing first time setup. installing U (step 1 of 1). This window stays open for around 5 seconds and then closes itself. no other messages or windows appear.
I have Windows 10 64-bit with all current updates.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Game wont start

Postby Broscar » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 manually.
After that, run "C:\%steam_directory%\steamapps\common\Grip\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe".
That should fix it.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:11 pm

From another user:

"Me and friend had this problem once.
To sum it up, Windows Update on Windows 7 was stuck trying to install .NET Framework, which was preventing Steam or UE4 from installing .NET Framework.
We uninstalled the game, disable windows update, installed .NET Framework manually, then reinstalled the game.
Later we required some odd files from a vc++ redistribution package, but I guess this could of been caused by the bad installation."

Please let us know the result, GTO
Game Director
GRIP

GTO_Judge_UT

Postby GTO_Judge_UT » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 pm

i finally fixed this by uninstalling the Visual C components and then shutting down (restart didn't help) then starting up again, disabling all my security software and starting the installation again. i was able to restart most security software back up after installation completed. thank you for the help.

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”