Keep the classic racing going

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Ryu Makkuro

Keep the classic racing going

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Ok, so this is a quick idea I came up with. There are those of us here who don't want destructible vehicles, catch up, bots and any of that sort of stuff. Just pure on classic race with just the pickups, on Wild engine speed to get as close to the good ol' Rollcage feeling in a new shell. Currently there are no ways to prevent people from changing the modes, settings etc. so the only way is to create a lobby where there are only people who want to follow this simple yet highly effective playstyle.

So what I suggest is as simple as creating a PRIVATE lobby so that only people can only join it if they know the name. To make this as simple as possible, here are few rules I propose:
- lobby name "ClassicRacingX" where "X" stands for a number
- if there is no lobby, you create one starting from number 1
- if the lobby is full, you up the number by 1
- we all vote for Wild engine speed, pickups, no catch up, no bots and no destructible vehicles

This should result in a simple situation where you come into the game, join the "ClassicRacing1" lobby or create one if it doesn't exist. In case it's full you try joining "ClassicRacing2" or create one if it doesn't exist, rince and repeat.

Obviously this is just a temporary measure (although no reason why this shouldn't become a thing) for when there will be an option to lock out certain things out of a lobby so we can keep playing in the way we want and not be forced to play things we don't want.

If anyone likes this idea, spread the word on the Discord thingamajig and the Steam forums. The more the merrier as they say. Hopefully this will result in some actual racing xD

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Keep the classic racing going

Postby WROB3L » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:29 pm

What about the name locking the mode? When you name your server "ClassicRacingX" the game can't be changed to anything else?
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:40 pm

WROB3L wrote:What about the name locking the mode? When you name your server "ClassicRacingX" the game can't be changed to anything else?

Name won't lock the mode, but if someone wants just Arena, they can create "ClassicArenaX" and that be it. It's just to make it simple to join and get going with some people. You launch the game, type the name of the lobby and off you go to racing (or destroying others).

If you want to switch to Arena... well, you leave the lobby and join the Arena one or create if doesn't exist and so on and so forth. The drill is to be simple yet effective. The lobby host will change once you leave, so there's no issue with that, even in a private lobby.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:57 pm

This could work as long as people aren't trolls. But it's the internet, so...

But in general, many things with multiplayer are first iterations, we'll be improving things as we go with voting and lovvy settings being one of them
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”