Reporting FPS in-game

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Bertie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 am

Reporting FPS in-game

Postby Bertie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Is there a way to report FPS in game, or am I just being blind?

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Chris_CE » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Hey Bertie. You can press "CTRL-F" to have the speedometer turn into an FPS counter
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
Eyes Only
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: In the data mine

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Eyes Only » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Chris_CE wrote:
  • Average fps: 80
  • Lowest fps: 60

NOTES:

This is where you describe problem areas of tracks, or what makes the framerate drop the most (physics, particle effects, etc)


Youre killing me here chris, StartFPSChart/StopFPSChart would be perfect for this kind of data logging. It even tells you where the drop in FPS is coming from and logs everything to a CSV *groans*
My desktop: FX6300, zotac GTX970, 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 evo 500GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Windows 10 Pro.

User avatar
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Eyes Only wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:
  • Average fps: 80
  • Lowest fps: 60

NOTES:

This is where you describe problem areas of tracks, or what makes the framerate drop the most (physics, particle effects, etc)


Youre killing me here chris, StartFPSChart/StopFPSChart would be perfect for this kind of data logging. It even tells you where the drop in FPS is coming from and logs everything to a CSV *groans*

Ok buddy, I'll bring it up with Rob. I'm not a coder ;)
Game Director
GRIP

User avatar
Eyes Only
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: In the data mine

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Eyes Only » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Chris_CE wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:
  • Average fps: 80
  • Lowest fps: 60

NOTES:

This is where you describe problem areas of tracks, or what makes the framerate drop the most (physics, particle effects, etc)


Youre killing me here chris, StartFPSChart/StopFPSChart would be perfect for this kind of data logging. It even tells you where the drop in FPS is coming from and logs everything to a CSV *groans*

Ok buddy, I'll bring it up with Rob. I'm not a coder ;)

Yeah but its your job to get blamed for everything that goes wrong, being the "dev liaison" and everything ;)
My desktop: FX6300, zotac GTX970, 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 evo 500GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Windows 10 Pro.

User avatar
Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm
Location: ur mom #shrekt
Contact:

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Broscar » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:23 pm

I don't think you do Chris justice by calling him a mere liaison.

Edit: Splitting the thread.
Getting too much discussion in a thread that was supposed to only provide a template anyway.

User avatar
Eyes Only
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: In the data mine

Re: ---GUIDELINES FOR POSTING PERFORMANCE---

Postby Eyes Only » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Broscar wrote:I don't think you do Chris justice by calling him a mere liaison.

Edit: Splitting the thread.
Getting too much discussion in a thread that was supposed to only provide a template anyway.

Thanks! <3
My desktop: FX6300, zotac GTX970, 16GB RAM, Samsung 840 evo 500GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Windows 10 Pro.


Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron