Are weapons randomized?

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
dzilla1080

Are weapons randomized?

Postby dzilla1080 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:53 am

I havent really been paying attention but when getting a weapon, are they randomized or set at certain locations? Maybe because there isnt a large variety that it may seem set but i do hope the pick ups are random. This is mostly because i usually have a set trail thst i drive on and im hitting the same pick up every time so i hope these weapons arent always the same.

Also, I do notice the blur on the edges of the screen when going fast so thats neat. I wonder if we keep that and not bring back the sound barrier from rc or vice versa?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Are weapons randomized?

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:57 am

Moving your thread to the more general thread GRIP Private Release Feedback, since it's not specifically a suggestion but more of a question.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:01 am

dzilla1080 wrote:I havent really been paying attention but when getting a weapon, are they randomized or set at certain locations? Maybe because there isnt a large variety that it may seem set but i do hope the pick ups are random. This is mostly because i usually have a set trail thst i drive on and im hitting the same pick up every time so i hope these weapons arent always the same.

Yes, they are randomized.
Maybe you have more probability to get one pick-up over another one depending on your position though..
I don't know how they did it exactly.

But keep in mind there are also 4 pick-ups in game right now. So it's normal to get the same pick-up several times in a row.
(if you rolled a d4 dice, you would notice the same issue)

dzilla1080 wrote:Also, I do notice the blur on the edges of the screen when going fast so thats neat. I wonder if we keep that and not bring back the sound barrier from rc or vice versa?

There is already a thread about it : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=296
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Actually, 5 pickups (soon to be 6)

And yes, they are randomized, but also based on position. So if you're in first, you'll get more mines and shield, etc
Game Director
GRIP

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:34 am

Chris_CE wrote:Actually, 5 pickups (soon to be 6)

And yes, they are randomized, but also based on position. So if you're in first, you'll get more mines and shield, etc

Good to know.
(this explains a lot of things like... why the bloody HELL i getting some many mines :evil: )
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah, the system needs work though, as it seems to be overloaded with mines from my experience
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”