1.06 Thoughts

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Zyvoxid
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

1.06 Thoughts

Postby Zyvoxid » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:16 pm

I feel like the handling of the car is much better. No more spin outs or losing control. That's great. I still feel like the cars aren't accelerating fast enough though. And the sense of speed isnt there. I'm also wondering why the text is all blurry now, I liked it in 1.05. I don't have much time so I haven't played much of 1.06 Feel free to post your thoughts here :)
I'm combat ready!

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: 1.06 Thoughts

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 pm

1. Where is my high speed setting? :(
I can just drive a whole race without ever releasing the acceleration button. The game doesn't feel fast anymore.

2. I liked the 1.0.5.0 handling more. There is no real challenge in driving this. This combined with (1) makes driving boring. :?

3..Car on car collision feel incredibly awkward, like they are made of rubber and push each other away very slowly. They often intersect or hover above each other :?:.

4..Nice little improvements on Alharta wastes.

5.The AI seems to be much more in control of their cars now, which is great.

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Cars feel better but it's hard to tell if that's just a 'no high engine setting' thing. Still feels like a lot of under-steer, especially at low speeds but the real issue now is that slow acceleration+unresponsive steering. Not only does it frustrate as you see cars blast by knowing you can't catch them, but it's making 180 turns a real pain. 104 cars could turn on the spot to get you back in the action right away, now it's a slow 3 point turn at best.

So, overall, seemingly nice improvements, but still not as nice as the 104 feel. I get that I'll be in the minority.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Yeah, High really needs to come back. Driving feels more like I'm fighting the controls than the track or other racers now.

Inter-vehicular collisions are better than 1.0.5 but still kinda weird. They feel a little... springy, almost?
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

NecroWolf12
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby NecroWolf12 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm

Honestly, I like how it feels now. The car feels more driveable. I'm having more fun with this one than I have with previous versions. Sticking landings is still a bit iffy, but collisions are a lot better now. It feels like I'm fighting the other cars and their weapons as opposed to just my own car now. Also, pause menu FTW.
"Hollow the leader"

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:54 pm

wantfastcars wrote:They feel a little... springy, almost?

Yeah the cars magically push each other away. It is very noticaible when you drive very close to an oppenents rear

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:59 pm

Positive reviews brings less on the table but aside from the "high" setting too, there's little I can say about the 1.0.6 driving! (sound upon collision/impact disappeared ?)

Have you guys tried the handbrakes in a turn? Looks like we got an embryo of drifting or something!
The camera shifts angle and all :D

I'l report few textures in the BUG section with screenies.

Zyvoxid wrote:I'm also wondering why the text is all blurry now, I liked it in 1.05.

Didn't pay attention to that... but sharp is definitely better, whatever the case may be.

Back to playing some more, nice new Liddo arena map. I'd dig some underground "bowl"/tunnels below it to extend it :idea:

Zyvoxid
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Zyvoxid » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Queadah wrote:
Zyvoxid wrote:I'm also wondering why the text is all blurry now, I liked it in 1.05.

Didn't pay attention to that... but sharp is definitely better, whatever the case may be.

Back to playing some more, nice new Liddo arena map. I'd dig some underground "bowl"/tunnels below it to extend it :idea:

Ah sorry I meant the HUD when you're in a race, it's like a bit blurry don't you think?
I'm combat ready!

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Zyvoxid wrote:Ah sorry I meant the HUD when you're in a race, it's like a bit blurry don't you think?

Yeah, played again. True that.

edit: @KazzyMac yeah, I'm not playing full res either, I'll try on another rig
Last edited by Queadah on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:56 pm

I dunno, the HUD looked pretty sharp and clear to me when I played earlier.

I guess it depends what resolution you're playing on, maybe on low resolutions or non-16:9 res it looks weird?

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:04 pm

I really like were the transport track is going. The colors of the textures with the illumination looks great. This will be an awesome track.

In my oppinion the cars behave much better now. Its not bouncy anymore and i have more control now.

The winter arena and the new one have a too complicated terrain me thinks. I mean the new one is a bit too bumpy and in winter wonderland i get to easily stuck between trees.

There is also an issue in wastes. The track itself is great but the camera acts sometimes annoying. I mean there are at least two spots were you jump on the ceiling and the right back down again and the camera is switching to the new possition and then right back again. Gives my headaches. Then better no camera switching at that point. Or something.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Im soooo dissapointed... After this update hud is cut in half... it doesnt fit the screen, WHERE IS THE HIGH ENGINE SETUP AND 2xWeaponPower! Guys. you f*cked up... My reaction to todays update
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:33 pm

Thought there would of been a little bit more content but so far I do like how the cars handle better. Now if I wipe out it's my own fault. I love how the hand brake actually does something now rather than just make the car slow down a little and lift its ass up. Not quite what I had in mind for drifting but it's a step in the right direction. I also like the design of the transport track. I love the mossy tunnels and the theme. And I am assuming that there will be more decorations to come. And I'm guessing it is safe to assume that high engine mode is currently disabled for the time being to prefect the driving physics. And I am happy to see a real pause menu.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:37 pm

WROB3L wrote:Im soooo dissapointed... After this update hud is cut in half... it doesnt fit the screen, WHERE IS THE HIGH ENGINE SETUP AND 2xWeaponPower! Guys. you f*cked up... My reaction to todays update

For reals? No Problems with the hud on my screen + resolution. And high engine power and double weapon power were likely taken out because it caused too many problems and is not balanced enough. Maybe trying to make a good impression on the less forgiving steam "community".

Youre Post reads a lot like this

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:04 pm

Django wrote:Youre Post reads a lot like this

xD no. This game is now alot easier. It was made specifficaly for the scrubs. IMO it`s going the way of firebugs. Sorry but i`m losing my mind over this.
If it`s really have to be that easy then atleast give US the real players HARD MODE.
Last edited by WROB3L on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Don't do us any favors, Wrob3l.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

There's more people in the world than just you, wrobl, and the game is only on its third major 'update' in terms of gameplay mechanics/physics.

You're not being constructive at all; you're just acting like a whiny brat having a tantrum. Take a second to stop and think about maybe why they've been removed before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions, because if for the 1.0.7 patch we see the weapon upgrade system implemented you're sure going to have a lot of egg on your face ;)

edit

I apologise if I've offended anyone else but really now, there are more important matters for this game to succeed than a game speed that can be re-implemented once the game's physics have been properly fixed.

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 pm

WROB3L wrote:If they`re going to still do this kind of stuff im gonna kill myself. Sorry but i`m losing my mind over this.
If it`s really have to be that easy then atleast give US the real players HARD MODE.

Not to worry pal, with the "high" setting back, and the difficulty coming from the tracks, destructible stuff, potentially different car behaviours and weapons, I feel we'll be able to set some HARDCORE action alright.

Gotta show carebears and emo some luv... so you can destroy those cheeky cunts online ? :twisted:

Someone make WROB3L an Hitler meme video with "GRIP for dummies" as a theme :D

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Queadah wrote:1.Gotta show carebears and emo some luv... so you can destroy those cheeky cunts online ? :twisted:

2.Someone make WROB3L an Hitler meme video with "GRIP for dummies" as a theme :D

AD. 1 Yussss >:3
AD.2 xDDDDDDDDDD YES PLZ SOMEONE DO IT!

KazzyMac wrote:Take a second to stop and think about maybe why they've been removed before jumping to such ridiculous conclusions, because if for the 1.0.7 patch we see the weapon upgrade system implemented you're sure going to have a lot of egg on your face ;)

Oh sh*t you`re right. I didn`t thought about that. but still by looking at it from this perspective, why they also removed the engine power? Yeah i heard that it gives alot of problems to the engine blah blah i didnt had alot of problems playing on high so still i don`t really get it.

And btw. K.mac im not talking mainly about myself. Im talking about the best of the best, you, land, broscar, potty, me and the rest so yeah.... i dont think that they would like to play next version of Stage II
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

Cinkedd

Postby Cinkedd » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:44 pm

OK so I bought GRIP on Steam today and so far I have played approximately 2 hours. As a new player I find it quite hard to be able to control the car. As some people mentioned above, steering feels really unresponsive and cars understeer. I used to play Rollcage when I was young so I am used to recovering quickly after crashing/being blown up which is kinda pain in the ass right now in GRIP, especially crashing into walls inside the tunnels on Liddo 5 track. That is just disaster.
I understand it may require some time to get used to, but car's behaviour is simply strange. Nevertheless, what is really aggravating is the sudden loss of control if you do not land perfectly or hit a bump. Once you lose control there is no way to counter it and adjust steering accordingly :(

Another thing which I would like to address are missiles. I would say both scorpion and assassin fly too low. Sometimes they crash before they hit opponents as they approach them or when they hit, it is in a very ineffective way (hit from behind, explosion actually boosts the car). Maybe it would be worth reworking the trajectory or navigation. Other than that weapons are very cool.

Overall I am very happy I invested in GRIP, enviroment is great and soundtrack is just awesome.

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”