[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
1.06 Thoughts - Page 2 - GRIP Video Game Forum

1.06 Thoughts

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 1.06 Thoughts

Postby WROB3L » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:49 pm

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:05 pm

@Cinkedd Grip takes a little use to. The cars are a little drifty but its a huge car on dirt. Don't know what people expected. As for understeering, letting off the gas a little when you feel the car under steering or use the handbrake. Also welcome to the community.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:00 am

Just a quick note on the HUD. When we introduced it back in 1.0.5 it was very new and wasn't rendered in the style we were intending.

In 1.0.6 we made some progress towards that, and the slight blurring is in fact intentional. Our goal is to make it look like a genuine HUD in the real world, and we'll be introducing some movement to it, perhaps some chromatic aberration as well as other electronic effects. In short though, it was never intended to be rendered as sharply as it was in 1.0.5.
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:11 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

PoLaRiTy

Postby PoLaRiTy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:39 am

Hi everyone,

I also bought the game today. Here are my thoughts for 1 hour of play :

- At first I had troubles using my gamepad. I looked here to know how to use it and now it's good, but you might add something in the controller settings to tell other players they can emulate the gamepad because most of them will not be aware of that, maybe add a link in the game to a tutorial here until you fix this and allow customisation of controllers.

- After that I was able to play the game with the gamepad. But it is very difficult to drive the car because it turns too much. I would like to have some sensibility settings. (My car visited pretty much all walls because of that ^^)

- After a race is ended the AI takes control of our car and is able to earn more points.

- I don't know if this normal but sometimes the missiles will go backward.

- In rollcage, we were able to make perfect starts you know, when you hit the power button just when it says GO. Do you plan on doing the same thing ?

- We were also able to hit the SELECT button to place the car in the right direction with the ps1 version. Now it is replaced with the slow-mo button but the start button is not used for the moment.

- The lookaround feature is not what I expected with the gamepad. It will be much more usefull if this works like GTA games.

- The pursuit camera fails to show more forward when we go fast in tunnels.

- I run at 22 FPS with epic settings. I can't have more even by removing shadows a/o bluring. Still feeling fluid at 22 FPS thought.

- Getting stuck out of tracks ... The idea behind semi-open worlds is great, but it's hard to deal with jumps now.

- It feels like the cars are too big compared to the worlds.

Now some positive thoughts :

- I love the soundtrack. I love the soundtrack. I love the soundtrack. I love the soundtrack. I love the soundtrack.

- The playground features some really interesting parts, I can't wait to see them in tracks.

Thanks for reading.

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:51 am

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:57 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:02 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Carnage
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Carnage » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:01 am

As many have mentioned, steering feels better in 0.6, but it just feels really slow, race is slow, acceleration is slow, it takes the exhilaration out of the game when you can manage every corner with ease. In 0.5 it felt like the car was slow to respond, maybe it was slipping a little on turns leading to the feeling of sluggish response it's hard to pin down where the 'feel' comes from. Now it feels OK, but I can't tell it that's just due to the fact I'm not facing at max speed or something else...
We really need the high power setting back, if anything just to test the game at it's maximum, because currently we have no real comparison from 0.5 to 0.6 as I think most of the founders where playing on high power/Hard and that has been removed from our tests.
Last edited by Carnage on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 am

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:38 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 am

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:02 am

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:52 am

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 am

Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:03 am

Hey Devs, i hate to being THAT Dude but what about the patchnotes for ver 1.0.6.0?
They are nowhere to be found on the four usual places. Patchnotes are important so please please with sugar on top push it.

And why is it named 1.0.6.0 and not 0.6.0.0 or something? Arent full numbers in the front normaly reserved for full releases?

ApexAzimuth

Postby ApexAzimuth » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:52 am

I love the way missiles are balanced. Wouldn't change a thing.

You have to plan when you're going to fire them, not just fire and forget. Getting a weapon pickup shouldn't be a gimme, it should be an opportunity.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:07 pm

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”