What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you (collisions, handling, etc)? Please show us in this thread!

Here you can post bug reports, comments, suggestions and other feedback regarding GRIP Early Access
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you (collisions, handling, etc)? Please show us in this thread!

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:34 am

Hey guys, need your help again if possible...

We're very aware of the issues with the game's physics right now, and here's a short list:

• Car vs car collisions are frustrating as hell
  • Car vs environment collision causes strange and/or overreactions
  • Car can bounce like a rubber ball when landing (sometimes spinning around)
  • Car can get stuck in geometry or fall through the world
  • Car likes to catch on or clip the environment (most prevalent in tunnels)
  • Car can swerve and has oversteer at high speeds

We are working on these issues, but we'd appreciate it if you guys could record instances of the (worst) times you've seen these things happen. Or, link to a specific time in a video where they happen. This way, I can compile all the footage in this thread regarding each issue so that the GRIP team can analyze it all and take the best approach to fixing things.

With your help, we can get these issues fixed sooner!

Thanks!
Game Director
GRIP

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you? Please record it!

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:08 am

Well me first I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCRfrdLP3c at 0:55 I have no clue what the hell happened there, but it throw me off completely.

yes my first video and I suck :x
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you? Please record it!

Postby TheOnLY » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

I'll post this here a third time :D : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtxWKMt328&t=1m16s
As you can see in the video the rear tyres lose traction when sliding to the side but do not spin to fast like the car has Electronic Stability Control .
The car also rolls a lot around its own axis like my real car with a 15 year old suspension (which i really should should change soon) does. To me the suspension feels too soft. maybe it should get stiffer the further it already traveled?

simonc95

Re: What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you (collisions, handling, etc)? Please show us in this thread!

Postby simonc95 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:12 am

cars have no GRIP at slow speeds atall, and not quite enough at high speed either, more grip in general please less slideyness
i7 4790k @4.7 Ghz
GTX 970
Vengence pro 16GB @ 1866 Mhz
Asus TUF Sabertooth Z97
NZXT H630

Ryu Makkuro

Re: What is the vehicle behavior that most bothers you (collisions, handling, etc)? Please show us in this thread!

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:14 pm

One thing that I noticed is that if you want to start through accelerating forward, you have basically no traction, especially in tunnels. But if you'll try to reverse, there's more traction than you need. Not sure if a video will be useful for this or not.

SpikeX

Postby SpikeX » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:11 am

All of them except for the rubber ball thingy, with the environment one being my biggest problem i guess.. Overall I have a great experience in Grip.. but I feel when i get a little bit ofroad, most of the time its impossible to catch up again without the assist (and even for me with the assist in the industry map)

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:42 pm

The cars are not fast enough! Seriously though, I find it super annoying when the car bounces like it's made of rubber from a perfect landing sometimes.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Right now, I'd just say they don't feel like they have enough torque. Acceleration is really slow, and god help you if you spin out in a tunnel.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

JeffreyZ
Grip Contributor
Grip Contributor

Postby JeffreyZ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am

wantfastcars wrote:Right now, I'd just say they don't feel like they have enough torque. Acceleration is really slow, and god help you if you spin out in a tunnel.

I feel the same in the tunnels currently it's very punishing to either spin out and start up again takes me out of the game completly.

But I'm sure Will find the right balance in the end :!:
Grip, Lead level designer, IGAD student team.

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:48 pm

JeffreyZ wrote:
wantfastcars wrote:Right now, I'd just say they don't feel like they have enough torque. Acceleration is really slow, and god help you if you spin out in a tunnel.

I feel the same in the tunnels currently it's very punishing to either spin out and start up again takes me out of the game completly.

But I'm sure Will find the right balance in the end :!:

The same thing here and looks like the new patch screwed up a little bit more, on Alhatra in the long short cut tunnel there is something I hit always, it bloody annoying.
Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:35 am

So for 1.0.8, the only issue I sometimes have is exactly what happened to Cybruiser57Péter (first reply), but this is on Hard and Wild (wow, that sounds so wrong!), and I know that's somewhat expected for a non-normal mode. It doesn't overly bother me, just unexpected.

Getting stuck in geometry is only an issue for the Playground where it happens on virtually any curved surface at moderate to high speeds or coming down on to a surface from a moderate height.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:45 pm

I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT THE ISSUE IS WITH TUNNELS

When only one front wheel is on the ground, cars lose like 95% of their ability to turn. When you're at any angle other than "Dead straight" in a tunnel, you tend to have at least one wheel off the ground, which makes turning around take ages.

No idea how to go about fixing that, but I think that's the root of the issue. Making the cars torquier might help, or finding a way to make steering get reduced less when the car doesn't have all four wheels on the ground.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:51 pm

wantfastcars wrote:I THINK I FIGURED OUT WHAT THE ISSUE IS WITH TUNNELS

When only one front wheel is on the ground, cars lose like 95% of their ability to turn. When you're at any angle other than "Dead straight" in a tunnel, you tend to have at least one wheel off the ground, which makes turning around take ages.

No idea how to go about fixing that, but I think that's the root of the issue. Making the cars torquier might help, or finding a way to make steering get reduced less when the car doesn't have all four wheels on the ground.

I think that mechanic is actually intentional so that the car doesn't spin out or flip over when going off of jumps or landing, and it's just ended up causing a nasty side-effect of having no traction in situations when you really need it.

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:17 pm

KazzyMac wrote:

I think that mechanic is actually intentional so that the car doesn't spin out or flip over when going off of jumps or landing, and it's just ended up causing a nasty side-effect of having no traction in situations when you really need it.

I actually noticed that Dominator no longer has the issue of having no traction when starting from standstill/very low speeds. However... Dreadnought still has that issue o.O Or maybe it's also fixed, haven't played since today's small patch.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:34 am

Ryu Makkuro wrote:
KazzyMac wrote:

I actually noticed that Dominator no longer has the issue of having no traction when starting from standstill/very low speeds. However... Dreadnought still has that issue o.O Or maybe it's also fixed, haven't played since today's small patch.

I haven't checked. Tried doing it in the circular tunnels?

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:58 am

KazzyMac wrote:I haven't checked. Tried doing it in the circular tunnels?

Oh yes. Dominator basically has traction all the time, unless you deliberately lose it (handbrake, jump, etc.). In short, it handles as one would thought it should.

ChaosKC

Postby ChaosKC » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:15 pm

It's more funny then bothersome and has probably already been addressed. However, I have noticed that when playing in the death-match arenas if I ever come in contact with another vehicle while using a boost I am launched through the floor of the map at very high speeds. As with every time this happens I hit some external barrier which re-spawns me back in the map.

This happens almost every time the situation arises. Sorry no video to show what exactly happens.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this same situation occur.
If at first you don't succeed... check for syntax errors! :geek:

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:56 pm

ChaosKC wrote:It's more funny then bothersome and has probably already been addressed. However, I have noticed that when playing in the death-match arenas if I ever come in contact with another vehicle while using a boost I am launched through the floor of the map at very high speeds. As with every time this happens I hit some external barrier which re-spawns me back in the map.

This happens almost every time the situation arises. Sorry no video to show what exactly happens.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this same situation occur.

You should totally fill a bug report with the template in the bug thread in "GRIP Early Access Feedback" !

ChaosKC

Postby ChaosKC » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Queadah wrote:You should totally fill a bug report with the template in the bug thread in "GRIP Early Access Feedback" !

Yeah, that's the plan. I would like to recreate the event and hopefully get a few screenshots or some video footage to help. Once I have one of those I'll make a bug report.
If at first you don't succeed... check for syntax errors! :geek:

Old and Putrid

Postby Old and Putrid » Thu May 26, 2016 2:03 pm

I have noticed that it is extremely hard to turn in tunnels, especially the dreadnaught, it seems like it should have more torque. I'm not fond of the car reset function as it takes too long to get going again.

Return to “GRIP Early Access Feedback”