Catch-Up is borked (1.0.8) (maybe not bug?)

Post any bugs here that you experience with running GRIP.

Please USE OUR BUG REPORTING TEMPLATE, or your thread might be reformatted or removed.
wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Catch-Up is borked (1.0.8) (maybe not bug?)

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:47 am

Summary of the bug : Catch-up doesn't appear to be functioning properly.

Which version of Grip were you using :

When does this happen : During races

On which track did it happen : Seems to happen on all tracks, directly noticed on Alhatra Wastes and Transport

On which speed did that happen (if related to physics) : Wild

How often does this happen : Always

How to replicate the steps (if reproducible) : Under "Set-Up" before a race, turn "Catch Up Assist" on.

More details : It seems like catch-up isn't working right at the moment. I'm not throttled down in first place, and I don't seem to go any faster when in last (as tested against top speeds observed in Time Trials on Transport). In both first and last, the Dreadnaught cruises at around 500km/h, and the Dominator cruises at around 510km/h in a straight line, and cap at around 700km/h and 750km/h respectively during boosts (side note: wasn't the Tank supposed to be faster than the mid-weight?). I'm not 100% certain if catch-up is completely non-functional at the moment or if it just needs serious re-tooling, but as it is, it's far easier than it should be to just run away with a victory. I apologize if this isn't a bug, but something just don't seem right.

Your specs : This was on my laptop, in my sig.

Any screenshot, or link to a video showing the bug : Not directly showing speed, but http://imgur.com/a/wqjTt I shouldn't be running up gaps between first and second of nearly/over a minute with catch-up on. It never got that insane in older versions of the game. In a different race, I finished third, over thirty seconds behind second and fifty seconds behind first, again with catch-up on.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Catch-Up is borked (1.0.8) (maybe not bug?)

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:06 am

I've noticed something weird with catch-up too, but in my case it just made all cars faster instead of basing it on the position in the race. (An example: Tank going 500 instead of ~450) or maybe that was just my brain playing games with me...

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 pm

From my own tests the catchup does work, but yes it is bugged.

I think recently it was changed so that the differences in speed between being first and last is smaller than before, because previously you were being penalised for being in first with a substantial speed cap.

However, this change to the catchup logic hasn't been applied to the AI, which is why you're probably running away with easy victories. They're still using the old logic, which makes them very slow in 2nd/3rd/4th place. ;)

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 pm

KazzyMac wrote:From my own tests the catchup does work, but yes it is bugged.

I think recently it was changed so that the differences in speed between being first and last is smaller than before, because previously you were being penalised for being in first with a substantial speed cap.

However, this change to the catchup logic hasn't been applied to the AI, which is why you're probably running away with easy victories. They're still using the old logic, which makes them very slow in 2nd/3rd/4th place. ;)

Really? They're refering to different scripts than the one player is using? :lol: I think that actually should be a thing for easy difficulty to let new players get more familiar with game without throwing a challenge right at their face, but as it stand now, It should be fixed :)

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 pm

RuskiTalib3003 wrote:
KazzyMac wrote:From my own tests the catchup does work, but yes it is bugged.

Really? They're refering to different scripts than the one player is using? :lol: I think that actually should be a thing for easy difficulty to let new players get more familiar with game without throwing a challenge right at their face, but as it stand now, It should be fixed :)

Yeah, I think that was the intention with having the mechanics separated between players and AI and I agree that on easy/medium the AI should be a little slower than the player, but on Hard they should be trying to whoop my ass instead of cruising at 400km/h ;)

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Return to “Bug Reports”