[SOLVED] game minimizes at launch and on menu selections

Post any bugs here that you experience with running GRIP.

Please USE OUR BUG REPORTING TEMPLATE, or your thread might be reformatted or removed.
GTO_Judge_UT

[SOLVED] game minimizes at launch and on menu selections

Postby GTO_Judge_UT » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:38 pm

when launching grip, the splash screen displays and once the game menu is loaded, it minimizes itself and takes numerous attempts to maximize it and get a mouse click on the menu somewhere before focus is retained, due to it re-minimizing itself when i move the mouse. with the new hotfix update, every selection in the menu causes it to minimize again. someone mentioned fixing this in another post a long while back by adjusting their monitor picture but i don't know what that means. anyone know what can cause/cure this ?

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: game minimizes at launch and on menu selections

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:25 pm

Almost sounds like your computer thinks it's behind your desktop, so clicking on things thinks you're clicking out of the game window. Are you running in Borderless Windows or Fullscreen? Try messing around with those settings (or even just trying normal Windowed mode) and see if that fixes it.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

GTO_Judge_UT

Re: game minimizes at launch and on menu selections

Postby GTO_Judge_UT » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:35 pm

thank you for the help. it turned out this was caused by winbar stealing focus. closing it while in-game corrects the issue.

Return to “Bug Reports”