1.0.7 Laptop Performance

Here you can post your system specs and the kind of performance you're getting when running GRIP
Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

1.0.7 Laptop Performance

Postby Falkerz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:23 am

I recently reinstalled my laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro N instead of Windows 10 Pro. Windows 10 is just too unstable and does too much stuff in the background that I can't control for me to ever recommend it... However, this has had a very good effect on the performance of GRIP. I should note that I ran this test on Liddo 5 as opposed to Yuri Industrial. I prefer the colours on that track, and when playing keyboard find it much easier as it has sweeping turns instead of the sharp and enclosed turns of Yuri.

Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon 8730M
CPU: i7 3537U (Dual core @2.0GHz)
8 gb DDR3
Laptop (90ishW)

Settings:
Res: 1280x720
AA: OFF
AF: OFF
AO: OFF
Models: LOW
Shadows: LOW
Effects: LOW
Textures: LOW
Post Process: LOW
Motion Blur: OFF

Performance:
@1280x720(60Hz)
Average fps: 35 (Windows 10 average = 22)
Lowest fps: 23 (Windows 10 lowest = 3)
Highest fps: 43 (Peaked occasionally. Windows 10 highest =38)

"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

psppwner300

Re: 1.0.7 Laptop Performance

Postby psppwner300 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 am

That's quite a difference in performance between 8 and 10. You might not have used the latest GFX driver for Windows 10.

Also, how did you calculate the minimum, average, and max framerates?

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: 1.0.7 Laptop Performance

Postby Falkerz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 pm

psppwner300 wrote:That's quite a difference in performance between 8 and 10. You might not have used the latest GFX driver for Windows 10.

Also, how did you calculate the minimum, average, and max framerates?

No calculation on frame rates. Purely watching the in game FPS counter.

As for the performance, I had done an upgrade from 8 to 10 on my laptop. The graphics drivers under 10 were the latest version of Crimson I could access. Windows 8 is using the latest driver version from the Windows Update service. Note that this driver is NOT the latest WDDM driver version, as that fails spectacularly when trying to install.

Other potential factors include the good 2/3rds LESS programs on the current installation than the Windows 10 installation, and it's a clean install instead of an installation upgrade process. I also had my motherboard replaced about a month ago due to GPU failure, so this may be a slightly better binned GPU, and is worked less than the one that died.
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

Return to “Performance Reports”