With our thanks

Official Announcements about Grip
codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

With our thanks

Postby codemonkey » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:21 am

Attention friends and players,

My name is Rob, for those of you that don't know me already I'm the technical honcho behind GRIP. And if you didn't know me before, that's perfectly understandable - because I've not spent a great deal of time trawling the halls of this forum. But, there's a good reason for that.

Working on GRIP has required an immense amount of work. In recent times, trying to manipulate the vehicle physics into behaving well, and more lately, battling daily with the multiplayer implementation to finally force it into submission has taken almost all my waking hours. And well, when you're putting that much work into a project then something has to give, and during this time that something has been my ability to converse with real people.

That said, we've achieved a lot in recent months and all that effort is really beginning to pay off. And here, I'd like to thank everyone that has helped us along the way. To all you testers I raise a glass, and give thanks for your own time, and your own efforts, in pushing GRIP forwards. Make no mistake, we couldn't do this without you. What you've done is important, and meaningful, and I hope you're rightly proud of your contribution into what is turning out to be a fine game.

While we've achieved much, there's still much more to do in terms of content, and we still need to take the game in general up another level. But the good news is, we're now heavily engaged in seeking the extra investment that we really need to finish this project. After all this time of relentless working hours for both Chris and myself, with the help of a small cadre of dedicated GRIP soldiers too of course, we're close to getting the manpower we need to take this game to where we all hoped it might be when we started all those many months ago. It's going to be epic!

So expect more from us in the coming months as we gather momentum and head into this last stretch. In the meantime, look out for Chris' big announcement next week along with a substantial new public Steam update to the game.

Enjoy!
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: With our thanks

Postby Queadah » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:32 am

This is excellent news!
CE, we're with you until the end of this ride! Booyah!

potterman28wxcv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:30 am

Thanks a lot to you Rob ! Developing the coding part of GRIP is a huge (titan-esque !) work for sure, and the effort needed is demultiplied by the fact that you're the only coder of the team. But you really nailed it now.. I think we are all very impressed by what you did.

3.5 years ago when I started to gather people around to play Rollcage, I remember we were joking around "Hey imagine if one day there's Rollcage Stage 3. That would be so awesome". With the guys of the Rollcage Steam Group we had the great pleasure to see you coming into our group, updating Rollcage (wow), and then starting GRIP with Chris (!!!). I would have never thought it would be possible. It's a childhood dream that you brought alive there.

To Chris, Rob, Jeff and everyone else on the GRIP team that contributed to the game: my personal thanks. And I wish you all the best. Especially regarding the recent changes, I'm now 100% sure GRIP is going to be a great game, perhaps the closest to the Rollcage 3 we were dreaming of :-)

Edited -Chris
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Good luck with that deal. This could be a great advancement :)

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:04 pm

YES!

Some games has lot's of money invested into it and it turns out like generic s*** and I get angry when I see good games that could be big not getting enough attention :(

Now I read this and smile like a stupid person :) Please lord gaben make it true hahahaha

Thanks a lot Rob for all your hard work. Never give up cause you guys can be big someday!!!

I never played a Witcher game but this is a really good success story that can happen to you guys:

Edited -Chris
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:14 pm

We have always loved all your hard work Rob! :D
You're just a voice pal.

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Glad you guys have leads on investment!
I hope you still get to decide which way the game is going, and hope for you Rob that you will now have more time for yourself! ;)
It's a very good news, cheers!

Edited -Chris

codemonkey
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby codemonkey » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks for the thanks fellas - it's much appreciated and gives us heart when the days are long :-)
Rob
Technical Honcho
Caged Element

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:13 am

I greatly respect you for your work attitude and programming skills, Rob. You've gone above and beyond to create entertainment for us that's given us so much more than just entertainment.
You've given a lot of us new friends and many hours of fun, for which I'm eternally grateful. I'm convinced one of the best feelings in the world is getting cramps and tearing up from laughing too much. And man, did we have cramps and tears.

I'm looking forward to continuing the Rollcage community as we expand to become the GRIP community. A community several thousand souls strong and growing, thanks to your and the rest of Caged Elephant's efforts.

No. Thank you.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:49 am

He's thanking us, when he's doing the heavy lifting for resurrecting one of our favorite games from our youths.

Come on Rob, you're the one kicking ass here. Thank you for being such a complete boss with this.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:21 pm

Rob, You probably know this, i told you that sooo many times...You will always be my hero and Thanks for joining our group back then! You did sooooooo f*cking much! And you ain't stopping, thats crazy. And chris. AS MUCH AS I HATE YOUR IDEAS (sometimes.) Sheeeeeeeeet you know i like you and i will continue on giving you headaches >:3
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Gaunt
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Gaunt » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 am

Had a first flutter on the multiplayer. It was everything worth waiting for.
Thanks for proving genuine developers still exist in these cynical cashgrab days.

VooDooQky

Postby VooDooQky » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Hey Rob! Finally you give some life signs! I hope you are well! And dude... seriously, about what you achieved so far, along with the rest of the guyz, I bow down in front of your might! You folks didn't just make a game, you created a nice community, and for a helluva lot of people, you made a vague, wishful dream come alive! One cannot thank you enough for this.

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:06 am

I didn't think I would see the day that this kind of news would come along! I knew that you guys would keep chipping away at the game slowly regardless, and I thought that in 2, 3, 4 or however many years we might see a finished product and I would be there to play it - because your passion is unwavering. But to hear that things might be accelerating soon and your team maybe growing is awesome. More talented bodies to carry the weight and contribute :) I'm really happy for you guys and thank you. It's ridiculous to think that only 15 bucks bought us the right to comment on how the game should be made and changed and improved. So thank you so much for making this game, and thank you for making us a part of it :) Best of luck!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Thanks for the nice comments guys

WROB3L wrote:chris. AS MUCH AS I HATE YOUR IDEAS (sometimes.) Sheeeeeeeeet you know i like you and i will continue on giving you headaches >:3

<3
Game Director
GRIP

Mobiusman1

Postby Mobiusman1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Hey guys, i know how important this project is to you, but if at all possible take care of yourselves! I'd hate to find out that your health is failing just because i/we couldn't be patient enough for this game to come out. You guys are doing great and you have our full support, always! Take care of yourselves guys! Go out, have fun, relax, or enjoy some laughs with your friends and get that social life going again! We'll be waiting for you! ;)

Return to “Announcements”