Questions about the Kickstarter

Official Announcements about Grip
landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Questions about the Kickstarter

Postby landvaarder » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:46 am

Please direct your general questions about the kickstarter to this tread.

The developers will have an easier time finding, reading and awnsering questions if they are all in one place.

Now then...
Start the bombardment! :mrgreen:
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Questions about the Kickstarter

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:13 am

I was wondering about the files of the car models for 3D printing: are they included only up to the heavily armoured tier? Why not adding them to the next tiers aswell?
I imagine that it was meant to be: files for 3d printing -> 3d printed model -> rc car -> signed rc car -> beast rc car, but since it's a digital download why not providing the digital printable files anyway?
Oh yeah? I'm so boring that http://forum.cagedelement.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:20 am

Yeah that's definitely a good idea
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 am

How the remote control car will look like? I know that the "beast" is going to be one of the cars from GRIP as a rc car, but what about the "no name" one? (that you get if you pay 220 for RC racer tier)
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:06 am

0Blueaura wrote:How the remote control car will look like? I know that the "beast" is going to be one of the cars from GRIP as a rc car, but what about the "no name" one? (that you get if you pay 220 for RC racer tier)

It says that it will be a community voted Grip car. So i presume that means it will be a car from Grip that is most voted in a forum poll.

The difference between that tier and beast mode, is that beast mode will be tailor made, signed and probably much larger and more functional.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:14 am

Anyhow, i have a couple questions of my own:

Is the Kickstarter skin not available for the "Heavily Armed" tier, despite it being available for the tier before it in "Heavily Armoured"? It seems like a loss for those who want "Heavily Armed" tier for the Gold skin, but can't have the Kickstarter skin when they can in the tier lesser than it.

Also, if we reach the "Mod Tools" stretch goal, how flexible are the modifications allowed to be? If anyone can modify their car to be any colour or skin, surely they could just give their own car the Kickstarter or Gold skin, rendering the skin rewards useless?

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Ty for the reply Tazer

I just hope that the rc car won't be anything near plastic and battery poo stuff. 220 is really a big amount in my country :?

OobeBanoobe

Postby OobeBanoobe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:28 pm

Just backed as Heavily Armed! Though, why are some of the lower tiers stating 'All Gone', particularly the Speed Demon Tier with only 8 backers? Surely you would get more people interested in this game and better chance of reaching your goal with more of these lower tier groups available? Forgive me if I'm missing something, I'm new to Kickstarter. Hope this goes through, the video and concept art is fantastic!

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:06 pm

OobeBanoobe wrote:Just backed as Heavily Armed! Though, why are some of the lower tiers stating 'All Gone', particularly the Speed Demon Tier with only 8 backers? Surely you would get more people interested in this game and better chance of reaching your goal with more of these lower tier groups available? Forgive me if I'm missing something, I'm new to Kickstarter. Hope this goes through, the video and concept art is fantastic!

There was a problem with shipping. They were digital only tiers but there was a mistake and they were considered phisical by kickstarter, so they were asking for an additional shipping fee. Chris realized this too late and people had already made some bids for them. He had to lock them and create new ones, identical to the previous, with no player limit and with NO SHIPPING specified. The people who are still listed on the previous tier (those 8 guys on speed demon, etc) are the ones who haven't changed their pledge to point to the new, no shipping required, entry.
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

OobeBanoobe

Postby OobeBanoobe » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:44 pm

There was a problem with shipping. They were digital only tiers but there was a mistake and they were considered phisical by kickstarter, so they were asking for an additional shipping fee. Chris realized this too late and people had already made some bids for them. He had to lock them and create new ones, identical to the previous, with no player limit and with NO SHIPPING specified. The people who are still listed on the previous tier (those 8 guys on speed demon, etc) are the ones who haven't changed their pledge to point to the new, no shipping required, entry.

Ah ha, I understand now. Thanks for the clarification...it seemed so strange lol!

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Yeah, there was a problem with postage regarding the "Speed Junkie" tier, but he has a point regarding the "Speeder" tier, though... 1000 people have backed it, and it seems to be the limit? It says "All Gone" with no alternative for that Tier. :shock:

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:56 pm

That's because it was meant to be a limited offer to get the game at an early bird price.

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:13 pm

Unreal.2K7 wrote:That's because it was meant to be a limited offer to get the game at an early bird price.

Ahh, are the other rewards infinite then?

I thought all the rewards had a discounted game price considering how good for money they are!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:53 pm

First of all, I'll be completely honest with you guys: we made some mistakes in the tiers. We went over them so much I think it became a blur..
But no excuses, I take the blame for those mistakes.

The 3D model (digital) and Kickstarter skin are supposed to be available all the way up the chain, along with the gold skins.

Tazeram wrote:It says that it will be a community voted Grip car. So i presume that means it will be a car from Grip that is most voted in a forum poll.

The difference between that tier and beast mode, is that beast mode will be tailor made, signed and probably much larger and more functional.

This is correct. Once the game's car roster is final, backers will vote on which model to use for the RC car.

Tazeram wrote:Also, if we reach the "Mod Tools" stretch goal, how flexible are the modifications allowed to be? If anyone can modify their car to be any colour or skin, surely they could just give their own car the Kickstarter or Gold skin, rendering the skin rewards useless?

If they are talented enough, that may be the case. But you could say this about anything in a game that has modding. Why include this or that when it can be modded in later? I think it's cool to have some custom skins, since who knows what will be available later.

0Blueaura wrote:Ty for the reply Tazer

I just hope that the rc car won't be anything near plastic and battery poo stuff. 220 is really a big amount in my country :?

Keep in mind that $220 is not just for the RC car, it's for all the other rewards as well.
The RC car will not be metal, I cant tell you that. It's not cheap to manufacture these things, that's why we've got it at a pretty high tier.
We want it to be awesome though. I'll hand paint every single one if I have to :P

Unreal.2K7 wrote:There was a problem with shipping...

Yep, thanks for explaining that, Unreal.

Tazeram wrote:
Unreal.2K7 wrote:That's because it was meant to be a limited offer to get the game at an early bird price.

Ahh, are the other rewards infinite then?

I thought all the rewards had a discounted game price considering how good for money they are!

Every tier has the game at a discounted price, but the early bird is a cheaper than anything else.
We limited it because we can't really afford to sell the game for that cheap to a lot of people.

Something we should have maybe avoided doing is adding the digital art book to the next tier up because now people think they're paying for the book in addition to the game, when in all actuality we're giving them the book as a bonus :/

Thanks for all the support guys. I knew I could count on the forum goers to help :)
Game Director
GRIP

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 am

Chris_CE wrote:The 3D model (digital) and Kickstarter skin are supposed to be available all the way up the chain, along with the gold skins.

Ah, that is great to hear. "Heavily Armed' it probably is then! Sounds cool! ;)

Chrissgun

Postby Chrissgun » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:41 am

Hey guys,

i have a question because im confused and flashed from this awesome game at the same moment. :lol:
I just donated 53 cad (enough for a alpha access i guess) and now my question is how i will get access(do i get an email from kickstarter with a code or sth like that?) and the even bigger problem when the alpha will be testable?
Im sorry if there are any mistakes or somebody asked this questions already.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Chrissgun wrote:i have a question because im confused and flashed from this awesome game at the same moment. :lol:
I just donated 53 cad (enough for a alpha access i guess) and now my question is how i will get access(do i get an email from kickstarter with a code or sth like that?) and the even bigger problem when the alpha will be testable?
Im sorry if there are any mistakes or somebody asked this questions already.

Once the game is ready on Steam, we send all early access backers a voucher for the game

The pre-alpha we hope to have available before the end of this year
Game Director
GRIP

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:58 am

On kickstarter it says "This project will only be funded if at least $657,000 CAD is pledged by Thu, Sep 10 2015 2:18 PM BST."

Does that means if kickstarter fails the money comes back to us and no rewards? :c

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:10 am

This is how kickstarter works:

1) you enter your card information. kickstarter stores it but takes nothing from them yet.
2) the project goes on
3a) if the projects ends successfully, the amount you pledged will be withdrawn from the card whose data you entered
3b) if the project does not end successfully, no amount is withdrawn

So, at the moment, kickstarter hasn't taken any money from you. There is no "money coming back" as it never went out.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 am

Unreal.2K7 wrote:.

the thing is Chris said "Once the game is ready on Steam, we send all early access backers a voucher for the game"

so where do I have to back? kickstarter or steam? if so how to do that on steam? :v

Return to “Announcements”