Official Announcements about Grip
potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Questions about the Kickstarter

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:04 am

0Blueaura wrote:
Unreal.2K7 wrote:.

the thing is Chris said "Once the game is ready on Steam, we send all early access backers a voucher for the game"

so where do I have to back? kickstarter or steam? if so how to do that on steam? :v

No worries he was speaking of the kickstarter. You have to back on the kickstarter, not on steam.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:31 pm

0Blueaura wrote:Does that means if kickstarter fails the money comes back to us and no rewards? :c

If we don't reach the Kickstarter goal, no money is taken from the donators and no rewards are given.

Unfortunately, this seems like it will be the reality. But perhaps a new method of donation will be set up in the future?

Muskylounger
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Muskylounger » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 am

Yeah not looking likely now :( looks like they should have gone the Formula Fusion route - Low KS goal that can get something playable up, then get alternate funding like investors as well as constant income from early access players jumping in.

Hopefully if it does fail they can recover quickly with an alternate way for us to get the initial money to them to get a playable early access.

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:53 am

Maybe a patron account? :D
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

Guywiddahhair

Postby Guywiddahhair » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:08 am

Ok, first of I wanna say this game looks really cool and even though I don't have a PS4 or a Pc that can run the game, I hope th is game becomes a reality. Secondly and the main reason I made the post is I would like to know when Im suppose to get the forum badges and the other digital stuff that came with the $60 pledge. Any help?
How do you Forum :?:

Yrch
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Yrch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:20 am

landvaarder wrote:Maybe a patron account? :D

already had a chat bout that with a few guys from the RC group.
one one possibility could be going to Steam Early Acces.
End of 2013 the Kickstarter for Bugbears Next Car Game/Wreckfest didnt do so well so they canceld it and moved to Steam Early Access (and sold the game directly on their Homepage).
Buyers got a Playground where physics and body deformation engine could be tested and a pretty early version of the game with 2 unfishied (but playable) tracks and derby arena.

They made 1 million $ in a week from Early Acces:
http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/30/next- ... ly-access/

thing is they came to early access with something that people could play and a discount price for early birds.
Same thing Codemasters does with Dirt Rally (thou the game is very polished) and it seems like it going fine for em.
maybe this could be thing.

I dont think patreon would be a good platform, not because of the concept but because its more focused on video and music creators and help them have a substainable income so they can continue their work instead of getting a single big project funded.

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

Also, patreon is about recurring payments. In here we need a consistent one time payment for the game for each person.
Oh yeah? I'm so boring that http://forum.cagedelement.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Guywiddahhair wrote:I would like to know when Im suppose to get the forum badges and the other digital stuff that came with the $60 pledge. Any help?

Read my previous comment before your post.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:34 pm

I played quite a lot of Rollcage Stage II (branded as "Death Track Racing") on PC when I was younger, and I have very fond memories of the game. I was very excited to learn this kickstarter existed, but just as disappointed when I tealized the funding goal was unlikely to be reached.

I have not yet offered my support for the Kickstarter (but seeing as I can't offer $350k I don't think my support would make a massive difference), but I do have a question - I'm considering the Heavily Armed tier ($140 USD) donation. I know I would not be charged for that money unless the Kickstarter achieved it's funding goal, but what would happen to rewards at that tier if the goal isn't reached? Would there still be a way to get the 3D Printed model, artbook, Steelbook physical copy, etc? Or would those all just fizzle with the KS?

Even if the KS doesn't succeed, please put this on Steam Early Access if you can afford to continue development. I know it'd be a day-one purchase for me.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:52 pm

wantfastcars wrote:what would happen to rewards at that tier if the goal isn't reached? Would there still be a way to get the 3D Printed model, artbook, Steelbook physical copy, etc? Or would those all just fizzle with the KS?

I doubt any of the rewards would have been made yet. They would have been things given to the donators at a later stage.

I'm disappointed that we're not going to reach the Kickstarter goal, but hope there will be other ways in which we can donate to help the project and get exclusive rewards in the future, once the game has more to offer and coverage / fan base larger.

Guywiddahhair

Postby Guywiddahhair » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Read your comments.
I hope we reach the goal even though, realisticly, doesn't seem like we are. :(
How do you Forum :?:

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Yeah, it's not going to happen... we reached 100,000CAD within the first 3-5 days... since then, over 10 days later now, and we have barely raised a further 50,000CAD.

The momentum seems to have dwindled since the initial coverage it got from some gamer websites.

It's unfortunate, but i doubt we could get the coverage to get that momentum again, unless Chris has any more idea of large companies / websites he could personally contact for coverage.

FlawedL0gic
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby FlawedL0gic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:20 am

If the kickstarter fails, will there still be a way for fans to support the project and- at the very least- get alpha/beta access? Bummed that it isn't going to work out.

Maybe consider giving some YouTubers access to the early alpha stage and see if you can get a last minute popularity boom? Early Access projects on steam don't generally get popular until they get some coverage, and this could give the campaign the attention it needs.

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:05 pm

The largest (/shittiest) media simply don't want to write about GRIP. As for why, I have no idea; this is one of the most solid Kickstarters I've seen yet.
Luckily for us, word of mouth can still be a very strong thing.

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Kickstarter cancelled: steam access sooner or later

check grip site (chris going to make a new topic, hold on for some minutes)
Last edited by 0Blueaura on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

FlawedL0gic
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby FlawedL0gic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Broscar wrote:The largest (/shittiest) media simply don't want to write about GRIP. As for why, I have no idea; this is one of the most solid Kickstarters I've seen yet.
Luckily for us, word of mouth can still be a very strong thing.

Agreed, there is so much info and it is all done so well. This should be 200% funded by now.

There are some popular youtubers that really like reviewing gems like these. I know a lot of the multi-million subscriber channels only do sponsored videos, but there are a few that I think would be perfect for this.

For example, NerdCubed. He does a lot of smaller games, and was one of the ones to bring games like the Next Car Game to their fame.

I remember he did a video on a game simply because the Developer decided to give away a ton of alpha keys in his Subreddit. He did a video on it a few days later and loved it, and now it is crazy popular on steam.

The game was called Disco Dodgeball. Video

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:24 pm

FlawedL0gic wrote:For example, NerdCubed. He does a lot of smaller games, and was one of the ones to bring games like the Next Car Game to their fame.

Thanks Flawed, I've added him as a person to contact before we launch on early access
Game Director
GRIP

Tazeram

Postby Tazeram » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:50 pm

Ha yeah, Nerdcubed is a bit of an oddball compared to other Youtubers... most of the videos i watched from him a small number of years back were a series of him playing simulators, like a friggin' Eurotruck simulator and a Train simulator and stuff. Probably super boring for most people, but for some reason i remember having a fun time watching it. :lol:

Return to “Announcements”