Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Official Announcements about Grip
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:01 pm

Hey guys, I'm so incredibly tired and busy right now, but I wanted to let you know (though some of you already do) that the Kickstarter is no more.

We're excited though! That's because we're focusing on bringing GRIP to early access ASAP

You can read more on the site www.gripvideogame.com

Or check out the latest update on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... mbat-racer

Sorry to be so brief, and apologies in advance for not replying to any other threads right now.
I'll be checking the forums a lot once things cool down, though.

Hope you guys can support us towards early access!

-Chris
Game Director
GRIP

Unreal.2K7
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Postby Unreal.2K7 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:11 pm

You need a beer, a shower and a good night of rest. People on the internet will rumor and all, and as always they'll wait for you guys to get back to us! Don't get exhausted bouncing around thread, sites and comments!
Oh yeah? I'm so boring that http://forum.cagedelement.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5
"Remember that if we weren't on early access, you wouldn't be playing this game until next summer (beta)"

Tornillo

Postby Tornillo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Never give up! Keep on going with the game! :)

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Tornillo wrote:Never give up! Keep on going with the game! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ :D

landvaarder
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby landvaarder » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Still want the race rep badge though...
Lurking mod's holy scripture: a must read :ugeek:

And as a finishing touch
God created the dutch

Moderator of the Image

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Well, I am glad that you are going early access way, after the KS got down. I even upped my contribution (not by much, but still), so hyped. All the best to you, guys!
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Yrch
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Yrch » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:35 pm

it's a shame the KS didn't do so well after the initial high but there is new hope!
can't wait to splatter paint on those shiyn golden cars :>
best of luck and again, lets stick together as community and spread the word!

TOSSMEH
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TOSSMEH » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:58 pm

a shame it didn't work out but it's great that you're soldering on and going to plan B straightaway, i look forward to playing the early access version of the game.
Gripping Grip's Grip Greatly Grudgingly

Hassun

Postby Hassun » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Really sad there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. I hope you will be able to convince more people on Steam.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Hassun wrote:Really sad there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest. I hope you will be able to convince more people on Steam.

imo there were two main problems in this campaign
  • No big media covered it. Even that guy at Rock Paper Shotgun who was saying that he was eagerly waiting Rollcage 2015 in his Formula Fusion article. A bunch of buddies including Yrch, Broscar and myself have tried to mail him, no success. Even Chris did. Broscar even tweeted him. This guy has been acting the deaf. All I can conclude is that big media need some money or some friends if you want your game to be promoted by them.
  • The videos were so well done that people had the impression that the game was already finished, and that thus the devs did not need that much money. Kind of frustrating, but heh, we can't change people's mind
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:20 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:The videos were so well done that people had the impression that the game was already finished, and that thus the devs did not need that much money. Kind of frustrating, but heh, we can't change people's mind
Darn. They should of went with potato graphics. Anyways you guys had me at disco assassin and paintball machine gun mods.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:13 am

Hey Guys!

Firstly im really sorry the Kickstarted didn't succeed but i am seriously amped for the Early Access!
I can see all the hard work you guys have pumped into this game, and im really happy its not the end of the road!

Wanted to ask though, Without the kickstarter there seems to be no PS4 support? Is this a purely financial thing with the PSN or have you scrapped PS4 support? I will still play on PC, but looking at the options to back you guys i dont see anything that gives a "code" for PS4? Could i swap the PC "code" to a PS4 one at a later stage?

I have dreams of sitting on the couch with my mates jamming 4 player split screen! Please make it happen!

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:17 am

Tom wrote:Hey Guys!

Firstly im really sorry the Kickstarted didn't succeed but i am seriously amped for the Early Access!
I can see all the hard work you guys have pumped into this game, and im really happy its not the end of the road!

Wanted to ask though, Without the kickstarter there seems to be no PS4 support? Is this a purely financial thing with the PSN or have you scrapped PS4 support? I will still play on PC, but looking at the options to back you guys i dont see anything that gives a "code" for PS4? Could i swap the PC "code" to a PS4 one at a later stage?

I have dreams of sitting on the couch with my mates jamming 4 player split screen! Please make it happen!

Tiakh wrote:
Chris on kickstarter wrote:Thank you so much for the positive comments and continued support. We really are genuinely excited by this new direction. I'll try and cover as many of the questions as I can:

- It is possible to back for more than the highest tier: it is possible to order multiple copies. If you're not interested in extra keys, then the Passenger level would work for that.

- We are keeping to our schedule, so the timeline remains the same. We have re-jigged some aspects to enable Early Access to come sooner.

- We still plan to release on PS4. We are able to release a Beta on PSN - we haven't changed the plan for this.

- We still plan to release physical copies. Although, obviously that would be once the game is complete.

- We expect cut off for early bird codes to be when we launch on Early Access.

- We will be going to early access by whatever means we can... (although, probably not by selling Rob). The pledges through the site will help massively to keep us going in the interim.

Keep the questions coming,
-David

This will answer it.

No idea for the swap thing though
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chronospherics

Postby Chronospherics » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:57 am

It's such a shame it didn't make funding. I could not afford to fund the title at the time, but will send you guys a contribution soon.

If you want me to cover anything about your game feel free to let me know. I run VGFirst.com but do so alone and part time, so the site is slow moving and I'm very selective about the content I put up. However, I'm a big fan of GRIP and your intentions with this new project so I'd be happy to give you guys some positive press sometime, even I must admit it only reaches a limited audience, entirely incomparable to the likes of IGN.

email: joe@vgfirst.com
twitter: chronojoe

Best of luck with the campaign! I'll fund when I get my next paycheck. Sadly I don't have a decent PC, so I will be counting on the PS4 version of the game coming to fruition.

Jozef Kulik

jacklul
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby jacklul » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Wow, I missed the Kickstarter but backed you guys with PayPal, take my money! ;D
And yay for the Early Access!

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm not disappointed that the Kickstarter was cancelled and I am happy with this idea as we can follow the development of GRIP and offer feedback and ideas along the way. Hopefully everyone who backed on Kickstarter will help with funds on here. I have already backed you guys through stripe as I don't use paypal. I have a question about the forum badge will we use our access code on the forums to unlock the badge or will there be some other way once the first release is out?

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Question! I want to donate, but y'all are asking for CAD. I live in America and have a somewhat stronger dollar. If I just put my credit card info in will it just work? Will there be charges for currency conversion or anything?
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

agcue
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby agcue » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:09 pm

wantfastcars wrote:Question! I want to donate, but y'all are asking for CAD. I live in America and have a somewhat stronger dollar. If I just put my credit card info in will it just work? Will there be charges for currency conversion or anything?

I'm in Australia and donated through PayPal :) no conversion cost... your contribution is only subject to exchange rates so you will have no problem :)

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 am

agcue wrote:
wantfastcars wrote:Question! I want to donate, but y'all are asking for CAD. I live in America and have a somewhat stronger dollar. If I just put my credit card info in will it just work? Will there be charges for currency conversion or anything?

I'm in Australia and donated through PayPal :) no conversion cost... your contribution is only subject to exchange rates so you will have no problem :)

Alrighty, neat-o-rino. Put my donation in. November can't get here soon enough!
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

KirekkusuPT
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KirekkusuPT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 am

I really want this to succeed so I've just did the "Splatter" support tier. :)

Looking forward to play this, as soon as it gets on Steam Early Access :D

Return to “Announcements”