Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Official Announcements about Grip
the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Re: Kickstarter cancelled - all hail early access!

Postby the-GURU-man » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:07 am

btw, any info available on number of people who supported through the website? or is it confidential??
! ! ! RUNNING THE BEST OS EVER ! ! !

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:23 pm

I can tell you that only a fraction of the Kickstarter backers converted to our pre-order campaign, and that we have just enough money to get this first version to early access.

Thankfully we've had some good luck on our side in other areas
Game Director
GRIP

RacR268
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RacR268 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Chris_CE wrote:I can tell you that only a fraction of the Kickstarter backers converted to our pre-order campaign, and that we have just enough money to get this first version to early access.

I'm surprised that only a fraction of Kickstarter supporters have converted. I guess when the first release hits there will be more publicity thus hoping that we get more fans contributing. Anyway great work so far I always be a fan! :mrgreen:

yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby yellowquiet » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:22 pm

RacR268 wrote:
Chris_CE wrote:I can tell you that only a fraction of the Kickstarter backers converted to our pre-order campaign, and that we have just enough money to get this first version to early access.

I'm surprised that only a fraction of Kickstarter supporters have converted. I guess when the first release hits there will be more publicity thus hoping that we get more fans contributing. Anyway great work so far I always be a fan! :mrgreen:

Hopefully when the first version is released, it will turn some heads then more orders will start rolling in.
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:40 pm

yellowquiet wrote:
RacR268 wrote:

Hopefully when the first version is released, it will turn some heads then more orders will start rolling in.

I am hoping for a success of scope that Rocket League pulled off.
Maybe it would help to get some youtubers on board. I imagine having piediepie streaming the game would help to boost sales. For these purposes, some "lol so random" moments could be purposefully hidden into the game.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:01 pm

the-GURU-man wrote:I am hoping for a success of scope that Rocket League pulled off.
Maybe it would help to get some youtubers on board. I imagine having piediepie streaming the game would help to boost sales. For these purposes, some "lol so random" moments could be purposefully hidden into the game.

Ha, don't get your hopes up. Rocket league is absolutely massive.

But yes, we want to reach out to various people on Twitch and Youtube, that is part of the plan.
Game Director
GRIP

the-GURU-man
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby the-GURU-man » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Chris_CE wrote:
the-GURU-man wrote:I am hoping for a success of scope that Rocket League pulled off.

But yes, we want to reach out to various people on Twitch and Youtube, that is part of the plan.

What about making your mom a Twitch streaming celebrity? :D

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:51 am

Game needs a mascot right?

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:54 am

Chris_CE wrote:

*puts hand up*

I'm more than happy to stream the game and upload stuff to Youtube. I've not had anything fun to upload since Blur back in 2012/2013 and NFS:MW so...

*goes back to playing Rocket League*

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Return to “Announcements”