1.0.8 is now live on Private release branch!

Official Announcements about Grip
yellowquiet
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: 1.0.8 is now live on Private release branch!

Postby yellowquiet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 pm

So I know this very soon but, will the next car be a speedster class car?
I didn't even know what was in the splatter pack before I bought it.

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:43 pm

nakano wrote:Noticed that the HUD scrambles when any missile fly past, hit to mine or health is low. I don't think this needs to happen. Regarding low health, I think the burning car is enough indication.

I like the UI glitching out, but I can easily understand how people wouldn't like it so much. I think an option to either tone it down, or off completely would be nice.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:46 pm

I very much like the UI effects, but I think they're a little extreme at the moment. More brief flashes of static when taking small hits, and less/no effect when an Assassin goes by you but isn't targeting you. I really like the rolling/reset-looking thing that happens when you get nailed by the Assassin though.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Very solid update, bravo! 8-)
A few remarks no one made so far:
  • where did the points (during the race) go ? I don't see them in the leaderboard anymore :/
  • very few things need to be tweaked to make both Alhatra shortcuts work in mirror mode !!
    Path smoothing for the first (the one with the concrete plates) and maybe a roof blocker for the second to enter the tunnel
  • I miss the planet names in menu (perhaps adding an image of them?) but we all know the menu is WIP so I fear not

I love the new UI behaviour personally, sound mix is impressive (perhaps a lower sound for the Dreadnought indeed) with the mine proximity and drop sound being really sweet.

This update is just in time for the week-end hehe :mrgreen:

EDIT: Paraphasing WROB3L, when I played the tank:
Last edited by Queadah on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nakano

Postby nakano » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:19 pm

Roq wrote:
nakano wrote:Noticed that the HUD scrambles when any missile fly past, hit to mine or health is low. I don't think this needs to happen. Regarding low health, I think the burning car is enough indication.

I like the UI glitching out, but I can easily understand how people wouldn't like it so much. I think an option to either tone it down, or off completely would be nice.

Yes on/off setting would be fine.

EDIT: What I forgot to mention earlier, it's nice to be able to target structures with missiles. I hope to see tracks in the future that utilize this feature more frequently.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Oh god, I just tried mirrored, reversed, and mirrored reversed.

Everything I thought I knew about Industrial has gone right out the window. Reverse is actually really fun, but Mirror is SUPER disorienting. Not in a bad way, but it's just ridiculously bizarre
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:53 pm

wantfastcars wrote:Oh god, I just tried mirrored, reversed, and mirrored reversed.

Everything I thought I knew about Industrial has gone right out the window. Reverse is actually really fun, but Mirror is SUPER disorienting. Not in a bad way, but it's just ridiculously bizarre

I like how they went one step further with reverse and added the mirror option. It really makes all those tracks practically new, not just a simple reverse option.

StickyBassline
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby StickyBassline » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:56 am

Freaking awesome!! :'D
You're just a voice pal.

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:36 am

I only noticed this feature because others mentined it but the new destruction mode is awesome. This way the tank makes sense too. Its now possible to win races carmagedon style: kill everybody.

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:25 am

As others have mentioned, destruction racing is weird when you're the last one standing and you still have to finish the race. Whet I'd maybe like to see for this mode would be destruction that makes a real difference to the game play. You could have a set percentage damage threshold where you lose a weapon slot, for instance, or the UI glitches out permanently at low %HP and you lose both weapon slots - these things don't stop you racing effectively, but you do get a penalty other than just getting nuked. Maybe you become more easily spun at low %. There's many things you could do other than go from full on racing car to just POOF! your gone.

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 am

nakano wrote:
Roq wrote:

Yes on/off setting would be fine.

EDIT: What I forgot to mention earlier, it's nice to be able to target structures with missiles. I hope to see tracks in the future that utilize this feature more frequently.

I dunno, I quite like how the HUD glitches due to interaction with weapons. It's a nice touch. Sure, it's annoying, but then so is getting hit in the first place - plus it's not like the assassin flying past is scrambling the HUD so bad that it's impossible to tell what weapons you're firing, right?

If I were to think of a word for it, it's 'immersive'. Few games these days go to the trouble of making so much stuff in their games dynamic in responding to what's going on. I see it as a nice pre-emptive; you see the HUD fuzz up, you hear that roaring 'whoosh' and you just sit there and think: "Thank f*ck I'm in second." :P

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Roq
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Roq » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:36 am

KazzyMac wrote:I dunno, I quite like how the HUD glitches due to interaction with weapons. It's a nice touch. Sure, it's annoying, but then so is getting hit in the first place - plus it's not like the assassin flying past is scrambling the HUD so bad that it's impossible to tell what weapons you're firing, right?

If I were to think of a word for it, it's 'immersive'. Few games these days go to the trouble of making so much stuff in their games dynamic in responding to what's going on. I see it as a nice pre-emptive; you see the HUD fuzz up, you hear that roaring 'whoosh' and you just sit there and think: "Thank f*ck I'm in second." :P

I completely agree with you, I love it, but to play devils advocate, I can see that for some, the UI is a part of the game that shouldn't be messed with by the game. - it's your interface from the real world to the game world and needs to be clear and readable at all times as the primary interaction between you and what's happening. Last thing you need is to turn people off due to lack of readability or, for some, unnecessary distraction. I first person games or cockpit view, In think there's more reason to expect this as standard, but from the third person? Not so sure it needs to be mandatory there. In fact, in some other games, I've had problems with nausea due to games messing with the camera and UI (not saying that's what's happening for anyone here though). As with anything, I think more options are always better to cater to the largest amount of people possible.

but again, I love it!

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:01 am

Fair point.

I guess being able to just turn off the 'dynamics' of the HUD would work, then? The great thing about PC games. All these options ((I wish I could say that about consoles ... had to stop playing Borderlands on Xbox because I discovered that cel-shading + low POV = vomitfest ._.))

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Return to “Announcements”