A request: Please stop posting about the car bouncing/intersecting randomly with geometry

Official Announcements about Grip
Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

A request: Please stop posting about the car bouncing/intersecting randomly with geometry

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Hey guys

First off, we are ever grateful for your undying dedication to giving feedback. It's helped us so much with development, and we hope you can see the changes so far that you have had a hand in. You've truly made a difference in development, and there's plenty more to go!

One thing that is not helpful though, is constantly posting complaints about the car catching on seemingly invisible geometry, bouncing/stopping for no reason when landing from a jump/fall, and intersecting with the world like it's trying to hump it to death (or simply falling through).

We are VERY aware of these issues, and believe me when I say that no one is more annoyed and frustrated by them than we are. It's an issue with PhysX and is not going to be easy to fix (but we will fix it, believe that). It will take some time to address

I see a lot of posts about these things, and to be honest, it's a bit demoralizing to be reminded of it so much when we're doing our best to fix it.

So please, do us a favour and try not to talk about it anymore. Yes it's super irritating when it happens, and we appreciate you still wanting to play the game even when something so super annoying occurs, but we are 100% trying to solve it, and reposting about it does not help.

Hopefully you don't see this as me being salty! Just trying to get my forum experience as optimal as possible so I can respond to as many posts as I can. ;)

Again, we're so happy to have such a dedicated and active community, so don't let this deter you from posting! And if you disagree with my post here or want to start a discussion about it, please post below!
Game Director
GRIP

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Re: A request: Please stop posting about the car bouncing/intersecting randomly with geometry

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:47 pm

No problem man you don't sound salty or anything.

That's why I'm here at the shadows reading and not posting anything about this new beautiful update :)

All the good things were already pointed out as much as the bad things!

Just know we all love you :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Ryu Makkuro

Re: A request: Please stop posting about the car bouncing/intersecting randomly with geometry

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:45 pm

I assume that if we noticed some changes to how the clipping occurs we are free to post about it?

Also, does posting "clipping definitely improved, now we can actually enjoy driving at wild speed" counts as pointing it out, or more as a appreciation of that work? Just making sure I don't cross the line but also can still provide some feedback about it when necessary.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Hey Ryu

No, that's cool. If the issue seems to be changing in a dramatic way then it's worth posting about (and if it's improved), but it's the consistent posts about the same problems that are what I'm talking about ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Hey Ryu

No, that's cool. If the issue seems to be changing in a dramatic way then it's worth posting about (and if it's improved), but it's the consistent posts about the same problems that are what I'm talking about ;)

Thought that was the case, just making sure. On that note, there's one small "clipping" on Transport map, but not due to PhysX (at least it seems that way). Specifically it's the transition from the bridge to the gravel part, mostly noticeable on Reverse. Would be nice if it would be smoothen out a bit so the car doesn't suddenly jump. Might not be much of an issue when all will be finalised, but now the landings can still be tricky. Also it's a nice top speed part, so IMO it would help the flow of the track.

Vorta
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Vorta » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

You could make a sticky thread where people could just post all of those occurrences, let them have at it. You just ignore it. :mrgreen:
It's never good to go in the "don't talk about it" direction.

Carnage
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Carnage » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:13 am

Broscar wrote:heyguys
sometimes i fall thru floor and sometimes car bumps wierd in tunel?
help?

HAY...
You shut your face ya little rapscallion.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:31 pm

Vorta wrote:You could make a sticky thread where people could just post all of those occurrences, let them have at it. You just ignore it. :mrgreen:
It's never good to go in the "don't talk about it" direction.

Done ^^
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:34 pm

Yeah I was a bit hasty in posting this perhaps. Just didn't want the forum flooded with the same things

There's already a thread that encompasses these issues here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=974
Game Director
GRIP

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 am

Broscar wrote:heyguys
sometimes i fall thru floor and sometimes car bumps wierd in tunel?
help?

broscar, pls
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

The Sudden Silent
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby The Sudden Silent » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 pm

Video section 7:32 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBbIwf-M554
I'm trying to catch a car which is a first.
Oddly, it just disappears in that in that point of the race (as if it would go through the floor)
at that point the car goes very often through the floor at high speed.

Return to “Announcements”