!!!UPDATED!!! NEED TESTERS TODAY (AGAIN)! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Official Announcements about Grip
KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: !!!UPDATED!!! NEED TESTERS TODAY (AGAIN)! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Postby KazzyMac » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:45 pm

I'm going to miss those little barriers. Or are you planning to keep them alongside the new barriers?

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:07 pm

Excellent update (got carried away flooring Industrial ;) )

Driving is excellent, flow has been greatly improved by polishing tunnel connections and cutting too sharp corners. Congrats guys !
Barriers : please let's use organic barriers mostly when possible. Rocks, trees, roots, precipice, waterfall, building walls, glass/ice panels, pipes etc... Barriers are too obvious "restricters" imo

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Chris_CE wrote:Ok, thanks for all the feedback guys

Some notes:

• Sorry about the HUD, not sure what happened there. Will fix ASAP
  • No, this is definitely NOT going to be some kind of nightly builds thing, ha. It's a ton of work just to get a build out
  • Catch-up is a bit drastic, yes. We'll be configuring the speed difference between 1st and last because it's far too great right now, and quite jarring
  • Handling presets is a good idea, and will probably make it into the game. I'll no doubt make a poll, asking what your presets are so we can see what everyone is using
  • A new type of forcefield barrier is in the works, and it will be much better in general
  • Wild is definitely faster than high speed. Also, the vegetation in levels has no collision whatsoever. It's only visual
  • @Cornkid: thinking that the sensitivity on high is too low, scares me. I use low sensitivity :/
  • @WFC: So wild is.. um, wild? :P It's supposed to be really difficult, but you're right in that the friction is still off. Rob still wants to do some work there
  • Like I mentioned above, yeah countersteering is pretty damn hard right now, but probably pretty realistic (not that we should keep it that way). Friction is still not final.

Also, it seems at least one of you has noticed that drifting is back in the game... you need to tap the handbrake to use it. And relax elitists, it probably won't stay that way :D The way it is right now though, drifting into corners on Alhatra Wastes is really fun. You can also pull off a perfect drift in Industrial on the concrete road going into the U turn, as long as you hit the turbo before it

Nice that's it's not going to be nightly builds cause you guys need to rest :)

I lose a lot but I got really into it and I play a lot with catch up off it's crazy and rewarding sometimes!

Force field no doubt looks better to me as you can focus more on the race and that reset button always bugged me :) Well I also like when you fly off track and have to make it back but I don't know maybe it's just too much right? Well you can always have a option to disable force fields but this can make you guys work even more ARRRGG!!! just choose what you think it's best after all you're the pros :)

Wild is kick ass! I loved! Can't wait for some force feedback so I can feel even more immersed hahaha But yes still need some work cause the car will fly for no reason cause of that much speed :(
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 am

About the barriers, we'll be using the environment to define boundaries as much as we can, and then the current barrier design sometimes, but to truly keep the player in the level, we need the forcefield strip I mentioned

HikikomoriGamer wrote:still need some work cause the car will fly for no reason cause of that much speed :(

Oh there's a reason. You're going over 500 kmph :P
Game Director
GRIP

KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby KazzyMac » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:15 am

Cool. :D

You guys are spoiling us. Seriously.

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:22 am

Chris_CE wrote:
HikikomoriGamer wrote:still need some work cause the car will fly for no reason cause of that much speed :(

On Wild engine, that happens on every straight basically xD

Funi1234
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Funi1234 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:48 pm

I backed the project back in August 2015.

How do i get access to the beta or the game in general now that it is out on steam?

Giovanni
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Giovanni » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Funi1234 wrote:I backed the project back in August 2015.

How do i get access to the beta or the game in general now that it is out on steam?

You should've gotten an email message about it, be sure to check both spam and trash just in case.

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:46 pm

I have to say that after some more driving, Industrial with Wild engine power is basically a roulette. You can have a perfect run or be screwed up completely by clipping into everything.

Wallriding in the U turn... clips the wall, drifts and basically screwed up.
Turbo on the main downhill straight... clips on the change from gravel to concrete.
Using the left route at the start... clips on basically everything there is.

On High speed I'll be having over 1 lap of lead over 2nd place basically every single time (high difficulty in all cases), but on Wild it's gonna be either the same (very rarely) or be stuck at 3rd or 4th place due to clipping everything. Some of that clipping happens on Alhatra and Transport, but so rarely that it basically doesn't matter, but on Industrial... just no.
I know it's being worked on but just wanted to point it out. I don't mind when I simply can't control the speed, but I do mind when I'm driving perfectly and the *PING* and you're screwed so much that putting the car back into correct line takes ages. The front wheels seems to have no grip/friction/traction right after a spin, especially in the tunnels. Rear tires on the other hand seems to have abundance of it. By that I mean you can try turning while accelerating in the tunnel, but it's pointless. Once you start backing out... surprise, surprise, car turns like charmed.

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Chris_CE wrote:

hehehehe wow so much speed so much flying

I expressed myself wrong sorry not so good in english but basically it's what Ryu Makkuro said above I think...
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:26 am

@Ryu: yeah that clipping is a known issue for a long time and is deeply embedded in PhysX. Can't do anything about it right now, as it's a big ass job to dive in there. We'll try to alleviate it in other ways
Game Director
GRIP

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 am

Chris_CE wrote:@Ryu: yeah that clipping is a known issue for a long time and is deeply embedded in PhysX. Can't do anything about it right now, as it's a big ass job to dive in there. We'll try to alleviate it in other ways

As long as the issue is acknowledged and being worked on, that's all I need to hear.

hunt45

Postby hunt45 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am

i want to help test the game but at the moment i just cant afford it :( apparently i never can help the game developers.

but what i have noticed in the 1.0.6(from a friend internet failure made sure update was not possible ) is that the driving at max engine power (witch is hard not to on keyboard having no controller) it feels like driving on ice when steering therefore i spend more time correcting myself after i crashed again that winning the race. have not found anything about it being fixed even though i have no doubt that it has been mentioned. if i can help while not having the game please let me know this is a game that must come to life the best way possible.

hope this game gets the best attention possible

psppwner300

Postby psppwner300 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm

hunt45 wrote:i want to help test the game but at the moment i just cant afford it :( apparently i never can help the game developers.
Help me come up with a good pun and you just might get a copy: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=983

:D

Return to “Announcements”