!!!UPDATED!!! NEED TESTERS TODAY (AGAIN)! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Official Announcements about Grip
KazzyMac
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: !!!NEED TESTERS TODAY!!! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Postby KazzyMac » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Ryu Makkuro wrote:
KazzyMac wrote:The game's catchup affects the player car as well as the AI cars.

And without the catch up the AI would be left behind, am I correct? ;)

I remember once it took me 10 laps to catch Yuri up. The catchup on Rollcage is pretty subtle. :P

edit

Righto, chris! *salute*

Look at the road-holding on these babies. Clarkson would cream himself. :ugeek:

Broscar, your car skin is called Tropical. ; )

Xirahii

Re: UPDATED - !NEED TESTERS TODAY (AGAIN)! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Postby Xirahii » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Let's do 'dis.

Re-Load__

Postby Re-Load__ » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 pm

How do i sign up as a tester? :3

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

If you backed the game before it was for sale on Steam, you can access patches early by entering the 'private' beta on Steam.
If you bought the game on Steam, you just gotta wait a bit before it's out.

Consider us the 'shitcatchers'. We do our job so the people on Steam get a more polished version of the patch ;')

OT: HIGH ENGINE SPEED IS BACK, BABY

Cornkid

Postby Cornkid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Broscar wrote:
Consider us the 'shitcatchers'. We do our job so the people on Steam get a more polished version of the patch ;')

lol, very eloquently put ;)

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Patch is up on Private. Grab it while it's hot
Game Director
GRIP

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Re: !!!UPDATED!!! NEED TESTERS TODAY (AGAIN)! - 1.0.7 Feedback

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:20 pm

♥♥♥Time Trail♥♥♥ :D

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:21 pm

This probably has to do with the fact I've been using GPU upscaling, but now the HUD isn't properly scaling with my monitor...

1280x720, 60hz

GPU upscaling to 1920x1080.

TheOnLY
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby TheOnLY » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:25 pm

I am having the same issue with the HUD. Not using upscaling. It looks like it is applying a 4k HUD on my WQHD resoultion

Xirahii

Postby Xirahii » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:27 pm

Looks like I fixed it by changing my res from 1280x720 to 1280x800, so I'm good now. The old one always used to work for me, though.

EDIT: Okay, it may just be some kind of alt-tabbing issue. I experienced the problem with 1280x800 60hz res, as well, except the HUD was too big.
Last edited by Xirahii on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:29 pm

two patches so close to each other! I know I requested to make some kind of backup so I can switch between private and non private without download every time but since private is getting so much good things coming I will just leave it at private forever :)

it this going to be some kind of nightly builds thing?

EDIT1: OK played a little and thanks for making the changes we wanted like separate difficult from speed love you guys!

Even sucking I'm still hating the catch up hahahaha I think I'm going to train myself with it off :)

I find it disturbing cause sometimes I'm like in slow class and then I'm in fast class depending on the position I'm in the race and it sucks! I'm not a good player now imagine to have to make adjustments to how I play depending on my position! When losing I get faster but I have to control my car better when winning I get a little slower making the track a little easier to navigate cause I'm slower now! What the hell is wrong with me :(

Don't know if it is a good idea but I would like to have the devs make some sensitivity presets like: novice, intermediate and pro since I find it difficult to know if I'm actually doing the right thing choosing those kind of options.

EDIT2: I noticed that the car will not fly out of the map anymore like a invisible wall is pushing it back to the track! I think this is kind of nice that way the reset button is kind of useless now and all you need to worry is do some little adjustments if you get in the wrong way of the track. Can't you guys add some nice effect like when the car touches this invisible wall we can see why the car is not leaving the track?

Something like this but of course even more beautiful! They call it the ECS (Entertainment Confinement Systems) cage :)

EDIT3: Don't know if it's just me but recover from a spin in tunnels just sucks!
Last edited by HikikomoriGamer on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:23 pm

This is feedback after a quick 8 laps run on Alhatra with Medium sensitivity, High difficulty and Wild engine power:
- Wild engine power doesn't seem that... wild when compared to High, at least on the first iteration of 1.0.7. Maybe the added vegetation on Alhatra slowed me down to not notice the extra power there though
- medium sensitivity coupled with high responsiveness is the thing. Still waiting for full control setup though :)
- the added vegetation makes the track feel more... populated so to speak
- the smoothened out transitions between different walls and tunnels really make the whole track have more of a flow

That's all for now. Gonna provide more feedback tomorrow after I'll test all settings and tracks accordingly.

Cornkid

Postby Cornkid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Loving the time trial.

Wild speed is nice, as a new player I don't think its been overdone.

Having to use brakes on Yuri, thats a novelty.

I have found the handling to be less sensitive at high speeds than I would like , using a logitech G27, but have compensated with x360ce.

Appreciate that the update has come so soon after initial release on steam, get some rest devs, lol ;)

twisted

Postby twisted » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:41 pm

i'M REALLY ENJoying the new update, everything's perfect now... speed decrease when drifting is less punishing as well as collisions, and smoother tracks and tweaks to the handling are welcome additions too! Good work so far guys, the game is going in the right direction. Keep up! ;)

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 am

I get that Wild is, well, Wild, but it really feels like driving on ice at that speed. The car fishtails like mad and even the tiniest bumps and nudges send you spinning into oblivion and sliding around on the invisible walls. Even back down on High, the front wheels love to catch on anything and flip the whole car around - not as violent as the early-build random 180s, but still very noticeable when you start to slide sideways, try to counter-steer, and end up getting slung around in the opposite direction.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 am

After some extra playtime, here's another wave of feedback:
- end race result in a form of overall time rather than some points that don't make much sense is a lot better
- counter-steering is basically impossible without hammering the brakes. Once it slides, you're practically dead meat.
- using Turbo is the best way to find clipping points in the map, which again points that speed has a lot to do with those
- driving on Industrial is definitely a lot more challenging with Wild engine speed, though on other tracks there's barely any difference between it and High

In overall, I like where this is going. A bit more predictability to the counter-steering/sliding and full control over the sensitivity, deadzone etc. and general car physics model should be pretty much if not done, then very almost done (excluding the bug fixing that is).

nakano

Postby nakano » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Great release! I really like the driving, speed and having all kind of settings to choose from. Maybe for next update consider improve hand break usage / sliding with it.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Ok, thanks for all the feedback guys

Some notes:

• Sorry about the HUD, not sure what happened there. Will fix ASAP
  • No, this is definitely NOT going to be some kind of nightly builds thing, ha. It's a ton of work just to get a build out
  • Catch-up is a bit drastic, yes. We'll be configuring the speed difference between 1st and last because it's far too great right now, and quite jarring
  • Handling presets is a good idea, and will probably make it into the game. I'll no doubt make a poll, asking what your presets are so we can see what everyone is using
  • A new type of forcefield barrier is in the works, and it will be much better in general
  • Wild is definitely faster than high speed. Also, the vegetation in levels has no collision whatsoever. It's only visual
  • @Cornkid: thinking that the sensitivity on high is too low, scares me. I use low sensitivity :/
  • @WFC: So wild is.. um, wild? :P It's supposed to be really difficult, but you're right in that the friction is still off. Rob still wants to do some work there
  • Like I mentioned above, yeah countersteering is pretty damn hard right now, but probably pretty realistic (not that we should keep it that way). Friction is still not final.

Also, it seems at least one of you has noticed that drifting is back in the game... you need to tap the handbrake to use it. And relax elitists, it probably won't stay that way :D The way it is right now though, drifting into corners on Alhatra Wastes is really fun. You can also pull off a perfect drift in Industrial on the concrete road going into the U turn, as long as you hit the turbo before it
Game Director
GRIP

Cornkid

Postby Cornkid » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:00 pm

Scares me also Chris, am I just a twitch player I wonder.

Maybe its cos I use a G27, I have analog steering set to max in game and then notch it up a fair bit in x360ce. Wheel is only set at 120 degrees of rotation.

It's no biggie really as I could manage on in game settings if I had to, I just prefer games to register slight turns of wheel. Ironically I dont have any issue with countersteering tho, every cloud has a silver lining ;)

Return to “Announcements”