[LISTED] Vehicle Stats

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [LISTED] Vehicle Stats

Postby WROB3L » Mon May 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Queadah wrote:Well, this is the best I can imagine functionnality being without cluterring the whole menu, 3 more hours down the drain :roll:
  • replaced "speed/acc/handl/armor" with icons
  • added circular platform
  • added top banner manufacturer choice (took the logo Chris designed on the Dominator :lol: )
  • added stat percentage
*IMAGES*

I think the better looking car selection animation would be:
One car in garage, if you want next, the car that was already there goes out of the garage and new one drives in from behind the camera to the spot, same with the next one. (LIL OFFTOP WARNING) And for customization animation of the parts. They could be unwelded and a new one would be welded in its place, ofcourse they would fly from behind the camera. Like this but they would have a much greater animation speed and alot of sparks :3
FOR THE RAZIELIM!

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in Image 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Wed May 11, 2016 3:50 am

Wow thats a pretty nice idea Quadah. :D

+ 1000

The color selection on the left could use smaller symbols so that we dont have to scroll.

I know this is very WIP and was already a lot of work. But for the final garage it would be nice if the place was dirtier. You know more of a used look.

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:40 pm

I am thinking this subject a little differently. I am thinking, it would be cool not to have those kind of stats that every game has, like acceleration, top speed, etc. I think it may feel "too arcadey" like you are choosing some RC car or playing some Outrun port on PS1. Those "five out of ten" bars are just good for quick comparison which car to choose but I don't know, doesn't it feel a little off? Every car is an individual that deserves to be driven (car rights movement lol), and not an object that can be simplified to couple of stat bars.

It could be nice that you have to drive the car for yourself, and make up your own mind about it, instead of comparing like "this car has top speed of five bars out of ten" and "this car has acceleration six bars out of ten".

Better solution could be information in words. For example: Theoretical top speed (stated by the manufacturer;), car armor plate thickness, weight, motor size, horse power, torsion, pivot pin (I am looking these words straight outta dictionary), downforce, et cetera, some things like that.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:56 pm

Tathendal wrote:I am thinking this subject a little differently. I am thinking, it would be cool not to have those kind of stats that every game has, like acceleration, top speed, etc. I think it may feel "too arcadey" like you are choosing some RC car or playing some Outrun port on PS1. Those "five out of ten" bars are just good for quick comparison which car to choose but I don't know, doesn't it feel a little off? Every car is an individual that deserves to be driven (car rights movement lol), and not an object that can be simplified to couple of stat bars.

It could be nice that you have to drive the car for yourself, and make up your own mind about it, instead of comparing like "this car has top speed of five bars out of ten" and "this car has acceleration six bars out of ten".

Better solution could be information in words. For example: Theoretical top speed (stated by the manufacturer;), car armor plate thickness, weight, motor size, horse power, torsion, pivot pin (I am looking these words straight outta dictionary), downforce, et cetera, some things like that.

Yeah but then you make the work a lot harder for the devs. Instead of defining cars with top speed / acceleration / turning rate, you define them with all the possible physical properties. Also, it's not to mention that they would have to actually dive into these properties to make them look realistic. That's almost the same job as hiring an engineer, just to have very precise car physics.

Or you could made it up. Like give these indicators as "fake stats" - the actual top speed / acceleration would be hidden from the user. But then there are people like me who really hate having to read through tons of stats, and just want to know how fast this car goes.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:23 am

Yeah I didn't mean that all the stats like weight and armor plate thickness need to be like 100% realistic, consistent & logical etc (though it would be cool now that I think of it) but more like that 5 bars out of 10 in top speed means 350 kmph and 7 out of 10 in armor translates to 50mm armor plate. Or something like that. You can just make up those numbers, but keep it so that you can compare cars to each other. Am I making sense? Feels like my thoughts don't reincarnate in words very smoothly right now. I just meant that this doesn't need to create additional work for devs (very much at least)

0Blueaura
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby 0Blueaura » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:47 pm

great stuff, but instead of having the car and the "garage" in frame, I would like to have an actual garage as a menu, with menu hud being a 3d letters, kinda like hologram floating in air, you get the point? :P
Rollcage fan since 2002, Trackmania fan since 2005

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Suggestions”