[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Moar Violence plz! - GRIP Video Game Forum

Moar Violence plz!

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Moar Violence plz!

Postby WROB3L » Tue May 03, 2016 8:59 am

This game is gritty, yes? YES!
This game is fast, yes? HELL YEAH!
This game is violent, yes? nah not really :C

Ok so ofcourse destruction is far away from being done, but i got the idea. Characters in this game are maniacs, let`s say that they`re not the kind of person that you would be safe around... And they kill for fun, I guess that drivers are inside those vehicles. I imagine that when the car explodes, there would be parts flying everywhere, huge explosions and that kind of stuff, and there also should be blood with ragdoll character flying out or just parts of him.
Imagine this, you`re racing on a track and you take out the guy infront, his car explodes, parts are flying through the air, huge ball of fire is there, and a wild severed hand appears and bounces off of your car and a splatter of blood hits the screen. That would be more realistic, AND AWESOME! :twisted:

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Moar Violence plz!

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 am

Totally agree. GRIP is a title that should brag and show off a little.

The racers don't need to be maniacs, but some gore of some sort is definitely suited.
Cars being so big compared to the pilots, the gore wouldn't be THAT extreme anyway. I'd like to run over/missile/EMP fry/gattling shoot my competitors :mrgreen: (I was about to say "no need to go full Carmageddon", but scratch that) !

Perhaps pilot ejection before explosion could help set a scenery for that, then the pilot is targetable... or the parachute hehe...

Here's an auto-parachute design:

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Introducing to yall, fatalities !

For the sake of illustration, the log line is already appearing even though the rocket hasn't reached the poor bastard with his chute :lol:

Similii
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Similii » Tue May 03, 2016 12:21 pm

I agree, we could see a little of blood on the cars or on the tyres (tires?) :D but maybe not too much, that could make the game sell less (parents who don't buy this game cause too bloddy for a 12 kid) or Rated higher in level age (hello European PEGI ).
But shooting the enemy in the sky, meh, just a random deployment of the auto eject on the car?
If you want to be grammar nazi to me, just do it, that will improve my english :3

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 12:31 pm

When car explosion is enabled, the pilot could survive with that auto-eject by default (players get the leaderboard with a view from high-up ?); which is why I suggested shooting in the sky.

Agreed about PEGI, but since the shot can be ignored (sparing the pilot's life) and no actual blood need be shown, mature audience can "easter-egg" cynically kill the driver and you don't get to shock younger audiences (the RC of my youth ^^)

Or let's just go with the rag doll in the car explosion with some blood (to balance properly for kids)

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue May 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Wouldn't like this...
We've got Carmageddon for that.

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Tue May 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Tue May 03, 2016 3:11 pm

I don't care about that line of reasoning. With the same logic one could say the native inhabitants of Alahtra were murdered because of the mining corporation's antics.
I'm just not interested in having visual gore in GRIP, because it's not what should be focused on in a futuristic combat racer. Right now you're shooting cars, not people, and I like that. Not every game needs blood and gibs, and this is coming from someone who still plays Carmageddon daily on his phone and wastes a rocket to shoot Wrob3l's virtual corpse into pieces in Quake 3.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Ahaha gotcha

ApexAzimuth

Postby ApexAzimuth » Tue May 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Violence is pretty implicit in the fact that the car is being torn apart at 300 mph. I'd like to see more remnant debris from destroyed cars, but gore is really unnecessary. There wouldn't be much left of a human body to see after a wreck of these extremes, so it's not only unnecessary, but also silly.

Yrch
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Yrch » Tue May 03, 2016 3:54 pm

violence for the sake of violence?
no, please no.
it doesn't fit the games tone at all in any way and it would add additional workload to the devs thats needed elsewhere.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue May 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I agree wholly with Broscar and Yrch

It's at best unnecessary and at worse actually detracting from the idea of the game. I vote no.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue May 03, 2016 5:47 pm

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Tue May 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 6:43 pm

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue May 03, 2016 6:51 pm

The scale and speed mean that any "gore" would be little more than a red-colored bullet decal on the ground that you see for half a second each lap. There's no point to it. GRIP is about cars, not their drivers, and when the cars go down, they explode in such a spectacular fashion that there wouldn't be a person left to kill - or even a body left to destroy - anyways.

Serious doesn't have to mean gritty and gory - look at any of the Metal Gear games, I mean sure, there's a bit of blood, but nothing to the extent of what a GRIP car would do to a human being. On the other end of the spectrum, funny doesn't mean it isn't violent - just look at Borderlands. It's a very non-serious, bordering on outright silly, game, and the gore effects are taken to absurdities.

Also @ Queadah - I think what Broscar was getting at was similar to what I'm getting at. Not that you want it so you can feel the rush of watching a person disappear or anything, just that it's so completely and totally irrelevant to the gameplay that it'd be a waste of dev time and resources to implement.
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 pm

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Wed May 04, 2016 4:02 am

Return to “Suggestions”