[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[LISTED] Open this world a little! - GRIP Video Game Forum

[LISTED] Open this world a little!

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[LISTED] Open this world a little!

Postby WROB3L » Tue May 10, 2016 3:48 pm

So i was messing around on every single map in race mode. I found some really weirdly placed invisible walls.

^This building is awesome, make it destructible.^

^Why? Just. WHY? You`re driving in the industrial zone, crashing into some industrial equipment is a normal thing that happens in scenarios like that!
Plus. Make it destructible.^

^Next wall is there.^

^Its too close to the racing track.^

^As in image #2 +Make it destructible to some extend^

^IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES! Mainly rockets could fly over that hill...^

^AS IN IMAGE #2 AND #5 guess what. I want to see this exploding :333^

^This one could be moved a little further.^

^Alot of new players will want to check whats behind that hill. Damn, i want to know whats behind it xD^

^This one is just weird...^

^That one is a lil bit glitched out. And its connected to the segment before the bridge, Which is REALLY CLOSE to the racing track, New players will get pushed into the wall of the arch because of it and they won`t know why.^

^Here. Ceiling is too damn low. Like really, REALLY LOW. And invisible walls could be moved further away.^

^Ceiling is kinda low. Nothing more to that.^

^This one. OOOOOOOOOH. This one, is annoying, af. There is that awesome hill and alot of room to drive around AND EVERYTHING IS BEHIND A WALL.^

^This one is f*cked up. You will see in the next pic.^

^YYYYUP, this one has to be moved alot further away.^

So my suggestion is: Move them further. And remove invisible ceiling, AND! remove grip from them, cars like to stick to them...

|
V AS A BONUS, HERE! Have some glitchy bridges xD

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Open this world a little!

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue May 10, 2016 4:44 pm

I think most of these barriers are here to improve the flow. When they were not here, it was just plain weird to crash into one of these things.
You would just lose too much time being thrown into the landscape.

There is a balancing here to be made : barriers close to race tracks, and buildings being then just decorative VS barriers looser, but then flow/recovery issues

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Django » Wed May 11, 2016 10:57 am

Sure potty. But barriers should not change the track in one big tunnel. And its always better to use "real" restrictions if possible. If there is a big wall anyway than there shouldnt be an invisible wall infront of it. And low ceilings? Please not. I dont see a good reason why it should be possible to crash against the sky.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed May 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Thu May 12, 2016 11:13 am

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Invisible walls are one of the things i hate most in videogames. I can understand why they are here in a race game like Grip, but honnestly i'd rather get far from the track if i miss my jump, and need to hold the A-button to get my car back on track than just bump on a wall i can't even see. I always wonder what's happening when it occurs.
In other games, adventure games for instance, with open worlds, it's a pleasure to take some time and discover the landscape, and invisible walls are so frustrating (and even in race games where the landscapes are great, like Grip, it's a pleasure sometimes to drive slow and get outside the track to take a look)!
Maybe the car should reappear a little faster when holding the A-button? But then maybe when the next patch comes out (with improved physics and all) it won't be necessary if the cars don't skid as much as .

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 6:59 am

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 am

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri May 13, 2016 9:25 am

Game Director

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 9:28 am

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [LISTED] Open this world a little!

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 10:34 am

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 10:55 am

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 10:57 am

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 am

@Ryu Makkuro
Maybe i didnt made my point clear. I didnt tried to propagate a open world. Im just arguing for some less restrictions and only a almost unnoticable use of invisible walls. Im not against grip being a linear racer.
(and just for the record flatout 1 is also a very linear racing game, just a very nice designt one thats all)

It is not needed that we can go offtrack but it should SEEM like if that was possible.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 11:00 am

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 11:04 am

Django
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Django » Fri May 13, 2016 11:12 am

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Fri May 13, 2016 1:23 pm

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Fri May 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Return to “Suggestions”