[LISTED] Reverse tracks

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
Lukyz

[LISTED] Reverse tracks

Postby Lukyz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:45 pm

As title says - drive on the track in the opposite direction.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Reverse tracks

Postby Queadah » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

+1

RuskiTalib3003
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby RuskiTalib3003 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:21 pm

-1 As it would require making all of the tracks possible and fun to beat from both sides. It would most probably change good designed tracks to the level where we say "Meh, It's okay but nothing amazing..." I'd rather love to see more tracks than this option.

Dexter010
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby Dexter010 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:30 pm

RuskiTalib3003 wrote:-1 As it would require making all of the tracks possible and fun to beat from both sides. It would most probably change good designed tracks to the level where we say "Meh, It's okay but nothing amazing..." I'd rather love to see more tracks than this option.

I agree with RuskiTalib3003, i don't think it would be a good idea, just by saying jumps/ramps go one way..
Just create some more epic maps for one direction and you will have your diversity.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Oh, didn't see it that way... good argument.

Lukyz

Postby Lukyz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 pm

I think its "just" matter of clever level design.

Gabba
Early Supporter 5
Early Supporter 5

Postby Gabba » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Lukyz wrote:I think its "just" matter of clever level design.

+1

I think so too.

If you have a big oneway jump, you could 'simply' avoid it backwards by a tunnel beneath it, or sth like that.

JDSkinner82
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby JDSkinner82 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Gabba wrote:
Lukyz wrote:I think its "just" matter of clever level design.

+1

I think so too.

If you have a big oneway jump, you could 'simply' avoid it backwards by a tunnel beneath it, or sth like that.

Also agree it could be doable with either clever design, or simply reverse the track and modify it slightly so it does work. The latter would mean minimal dev work to create a virtually new track without sacrificing the design or degrading the quality of the original track. Perhaps a trial with industrial would soon answer that question.
My Crappy Dell Laptop: i3 3120M (2.5Ghz), 4GB RAM, Radeon 7670M (1GB) - Yes I can only play on Low settings :(
I also have an Xbox One so PLEASE release it on that!!!

Dexter010
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby Dexter010 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:50 pm

I think it's better to focus on simple things first and maybe in Grip 2 they have the money to do crazy and difficult things like that :p

sadovsf

Postby sadovsf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:36 pm

Actually i did try to go reverse in first track (dusty official one) and there was pretty much no problem maybe add little ramp to tiny green tunel entrace but other than this it was nice and maybe even little bit more fun due to different tunel entry (non revers it would be exit) jumps making me get instantly on the tunel ceiling etc... It was fine and to be ohnes even possibility to do it without much changing tracks woud be fine. You could always (at least now) go both ways. Or there can be settings for each track if track allow such race ;-)

Yrch
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [LISTED] Reverse tracks

Postby Yrch » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:26 pm

absolutley
it basicly doubles the amout of tracks.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: [LISTED] Reverse tracks

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 pm

I already designed Industrial with racing in reverse in mind. We just need to run the AI pathing the other way and it's ready to go

It won't have as many side routes, though
Game Director
GRIP

Demigan

Reverse mode

Postby Demigan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:30 am

I just remembered a little racing game called Revolt. It had the unique ability to drive every single track in mirror, reverse, and mirrored reverse mode.

Now I don't care much for mirror mode, it's a nice addition but unless it barely costs developer time it's not really worth it. But reverse mode... I would love it if every track could be driven the other way around as well. Yes this takes a little bit more thought and care in each track so that you actually can drive every track in both directions (and have enough powerups available in both directions), but once you are done every track counts for 2 while (hopefully) costing less than the time it takes to build 2 tracks.

tjgcrush
#1 Tester
#1 Tester

Re: Reverse mode

Postby tjgcrush » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:55 am

i tried this in time trial and i gotta tell ya that the maps weren't ment to be driven the opposite way lol
And with his chrome V8 toys
Immortan Joe created the WarBoys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvHmXxo

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Demigan wrote:I just remembered a little racing game called Revolt. It had the unique ability to drive every single track in mirror, reverse, and mirrored reverse mode.

Now I don't care much for mirror mode, it's a nice addition but unless it barely costs developer time it's not really worth it. But reverse mode... I would love it if every track could be driven the other way around as well. Yes this takes a little bit more thought and care in each track so that you actually can drive every track in both directions (and have enough powerups available in both directions), but once you are done every track counts for 2 while (hopefully) costing less than the time it takes to build 2 tracks.

Just merged your thread into the original one for reverse mode

Yes, developers have reverse mode in mind :)
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Demigan

Postby Demigan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:53 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:Just merged your thread into the original one for reverse mode

Yes, developers have reverse mode in mind :)

Ah didn't see it, thanks.

Very nice! Love to see this added on most (if not all) maps!

Return to “Suggestions”