Vehicle turbine exhaust and other visual tweaks

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
Nosttromo

Vehicle turbine exhaust and other visual tweaks

Postby Nosttromo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:23 pm

The game is already beautiful, I love how it looks. From the tracks to the vehicles, everything is well thought and crafted. But as always, things can be improved.

I get the feeling that the vehicle designers wanted to transmit that we are taming a powerful giant metal beast machine, at least I feel like i'm in command of a powerful car. However, the rear turbine exhausts feel idle most of the time, it has no animation. Even when I use the boost I hear a very quiet sound and watch my speed increase, but that's all. I don't see any visual indication that i'm boosting. It would be a lot more cool and immersive to have that exhaust fire to be ataptive to the vehicle state, like a fighter jet turbine. when stopped or not accelerating, no rear turbine fire. when accelerating, fire goes out normally. when boosting, fire extends a bit or becomes more bright, when using the speedup powerup, same animation as the one that is already present.

Why this would be good? In the current state, it feels like it's exclusively a cosmetic accessory to improve the car visually, but feels like it has no function at all, it's a bit 'meh'. Improving the animations of the rear engine fire to give a feeling like it is a turbine adding acceleration to the main engines would give more immersion, adding to the feeling that we are on a very high speed and that the car is very powerful.

In addition, when I'm on a race and I land on the ground, certainly there is impact between the floor and the vehicle side that is facing the ground. it would be very cool and a nice detail to see the car releasing sparks, and even more if it becomes scratched by that contact, losing paint on the surfaces that come in contact with the enviroment.

Thanks for reading, I hope that this could be taken into consideration by the team. You guys are all making an amazing job and this is already one of my favourite games on Steam. Keep up the good work!

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Vehicle turbine exhaust and other visual tweaks

Postby Broscar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:43 pm

Hey man, those are some great ideas. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement either.
inb4 'polishing phase'.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 pm

+1 obviously

poisonic77

Postby poisonic77 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:39 am

I would like to see gun and rocket animations on the car. Compartments that open up when using weapons and other powerups

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:43 am

It was there for missiles in earlier builds on the domi, but it bugged further builds or something

atv_123

Postby atv_123 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 am

+1 again for obvious reasons...

I too would love to see the jets be much more animated... heck when boosting, perhaps we could even get a couple of shock diamonds in there from the supersonic exhaust gasses. That would be pretty cool!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

I'm not sure we're playing the same game. The vehicle's exhausts look much more powerful when boosting - and it's been this way for ages:

https://youtu.be/yfPRVRIQ1uM?t=3
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Suggestions”