RC2 Race Position Indicator

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
Justify
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

RC2 Race Position Indicator

Postby Justify » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 pm

I found that one to be very helpful in the past. It show a straight line and a little car or dots that represent the cars and their positions in the current lap. So I know who is close or how much I have to catch up.

It can be seen here on the left:
https://youtu.be/17honj1yJAk?t=15s

Leewise

Re: RC2 Race Position Indicator

Postby Leewise » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 am

Yeah I would welcome an up to date 2015 version of that also!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: RC2 Race Position Indicator

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 am

I like this, and have mentioned it internally
Game Director
GRIP

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Re: [LISTED] RC2 Race Position Indicator

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Yeah this map thing is a must have! If my suggestion to have player profiles get to the game I would like to see little photos of everyone in online races in the map so you can focus on harass you friend :) But this can turn up to be a bad thing so a option to turn it off and just show dots or even do not implement this little photos at all...I don't know just telling what I think! But there is time to think about it so yeah :)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8GB

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Photos take up a lot of screen space, unless you make them very small. Make them very small, and they're useless ;p

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:01 pm

yeah... just dots them and when you see their car from afar you could see the photo and the name maybe? or make icons instead of photos in the map :)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:03 pm

HikikomoriGamer wrote:Yeah this map thing is a must have! If my suggestion to have player profiles get to the game I would like to see little photos of everyone in online races in the map so you can focus on harass you friend :) But this can turn up to be a bad thing so a option to turn it off and just show dots or even do not implement this little photos at all...I don't know just telling what I think! But there is time to think about it so yeah :)

Try to stay on topic hikikomorigamer - if you need to add something about player profiles, please do so in the appropriate thread.
Thank you ;)

Broscar edit: That's not the appropriate thread though. He's talking about online player profiles and to include them in some manner on the screen.
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Justify
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby Justify » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 pm

It is just an indicator. As such it should be as simple as possible, so it isn't very distracting.
Profile Pictures are something for the leader board.

But if it is optional sure, why not. If enough people want profile pictures in the HUD.

I think the cars should represent the player through customization. So you can keep the overall theme/asthetic of the game. At least during the races.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:36 am

potterman28wxcv wrote:
HikikomoriGamer wrote:Yeah this map thing is a must have! If my suggestion to have player profiles get to the game I would like to see little photos of everyone in online races in the map so you can focus on harass you friend :) But this can turn up to be a bad thing so a option to turn it off and just show dots or even do not implement this little photos at all...I don't know just telling what I think! But there is time to think about it so yeah :)

Try to stay on topic hikikomorigamer - if you need to add something about player profiles, please do so in the appropriate thread.
Thank you ;)

Broscar edit: That's not the appropriate thread though. He's talking about online player profiles and to include them in some manner on the screen.

Exact. Sorry, my mistake, didn't get the inclusion in the map thing :p
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

HikikomoriGamer
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby HikikomoriGamer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:33 pm

I forgive you Potty :)

Justify wrote:It is just an indicator. As such it should be as simple as possible, so it isn't very distracting.
Profile Pictures are something for the leader board.

But if it is optional sure, why not. If enough people want profile pictures in the HUD.

I think the cars should represent the player through customization. So you can keep the overall theme/asthetic of the game. At least during the races.

Yeah if a car can be so different from the other to the point I can identify who is piloting it from far away that would be great :)

But I mean more from racers that you can't see and are far away from you! Maybe use a button to show only when pressed some kind of transparent map someplace in the screen with everyone photos would be nice. First place seeker example: If we race in teams I would like to hit the other team car so the other guy from my team wins or if I want to target someone with lot's of points in a championship I would like to save the seeker for that opponent!

Well we do not need to use photos just use whatever we can use to identify ppl :)

Return to “Suggestions”