different sound effects for crashing

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
dzilla1080

different sound effects for crashing

Postby dzilla1080 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:57 pm

The newest patch is a huge difference already. the camera indeed does make the vehicle seem more controllable and I've only seen one AI stuck.

When it does come to slamming your tires on the ground after a jump, crashing or getting hit by an attack, the sound effect seems to be this "thud" noise. Can we change this to sound more like a car crashing noise? Like metal tearing and slamming into other metal or rocks? I know there are no street levels in this alpha but will we hear tires squealing on roads?

And then theres just ramming into other vehicles...Ya know when you do that in RC or an opponent does that to you your car loses control? I think that needs to happen here. I hit another vehicle and he was still moving. I want to see him flip out and go outta control.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: [LISTED] different sound effects for crashing

Postby Queadah » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:54 pm

I believe the devs have changed the collision model to avoid cars being thrown away by rolling on small rocks. Car to car collision models aren't finalized is what I recall.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: [LISTED] different sound effects for crashing

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Hey dzilla

You can already hear tires squealing in the tunnels and on the concrete roads in Industrial

The thud is the sound of the tires making contact with the ground. Wouldn't make sense to hear metal scraping unless it's making contact. That said, most of the sound effects aren't final. We did enough to make it sound pretty good, but a lot of work needs to be done on that front

And yeah, collisions need a lot of work. They will change quite a bit

Glad you're enjoy the changes with the new patch ;)
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Suggestions”