[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
Poll: Would you like to be able to drop unused pickups? - Page 2 - GRIP Video Game Forum

Poll: Would you like to be able to drop unused pickups?

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)

Would you like to be able to drop unused pickups? If so, how?

YES, let us drop them.
27%
NO, you deal with what you get.
31%
If yes, should there be a limited time in which you can drop a pickup after grabbing it?
5%
If yes, should the pickup fall on the track where it was dropped for other players to use?
17%
If yes, should the pickup not fall on the track, but rather spawn at the platform it was grabbed at?
9%
If yes, should there be a few seconds delay before the player can grab another pickup after dropping one?
10%

Total votes: 191

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Re: Poll: Would you like to be able to drop unused pickups?

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

omegalucas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby omegalucas » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:12 am

Yes, but as a team play feature and/or a toggleable option.

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:00 pm

Yea this may work well with team play. Good call
Game Director

Skid

Postby Skid » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Personally if I get a pickup I don't want I ether just use it, or use it the second before I pickup another one, the only edge case would be if you pickup a first place homing missile while in first place (should NEVER happen in the first place).
: ) Skid : )
My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/SkidIncGaming
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/skid_inc
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Cybruiser57Péter
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cybruiser57Péter » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

Science WINS again!!!
Then they opened a portal to another dimension and kidnapping the locals.
The pissed locals are head enough and strike back.
and then... ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE :twisted:

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Skid

Postby Skid » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:13 pm

: ) Skid : )
My Multi-Monitor Focused YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/SkidIncGaming
My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/skid_inc
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:11 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

ZzozZ

Postby ZzozZ » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:40 pm

+1 NO, you deal with what you get. Nothing more or less ! :D

Costa

Postby Costa » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:11 am

After thinking a bit, i went to the conclusion that items should be able to drop them, i often get multiple shields, they cannot be dropped and i cannot pick any more items = game broken: :|

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:20 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Noted internally
Game Director

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:27 am

After my latest session with GRIP, I thought of that WHY would you want to drop off power-ups? In my last session (now that I am properly getting used to the tracks and not completely sucking at the game) I was driving 1st and blasting all the power-ups I got immediately. This was on Transport. It felt ridiculous how often I got those power-ups, it felt like I was constantly firing something up.

So, does anyone agree that the power-ups might be too frequent? Well, I understand that it depends on how you look at it. On the other hand the amount is good, and ofc the power-ups are fun to use etc., so it's fine as it is. BUT HOWEVER my proposition regarding this: Make a 3rd setting on enabling pick-ups so that the options are: enabled, decreased, disabled. Decreased-option would spawn the pick-ups only about half of the pick-up spots, preferably on the harder ones to get. Or it would randomize, on what pick up spawn the pick up would spawn. Other option to limit power-ups could be slower respawn rate. Maybe a setting to adjust the respawn time of the power-up?

That way it would give more emphasis on each power-up, and the use of it. IMO it would be cool if the power-ups would be little more rare and required more tactical thinking in the sense that you have to think about a second, when you use it, instead of firing everyghing away just to get new $#!t. There would be no need to "dump" the power up, since you would be glad in the first place that you got anything, so you would hang to it and fire it up when you need it.

(IDK if some kind of system has already been ilmplemented about this) Another thing that would reduce the amount of "power-up dumping" could be some sort of biasing of the randomisation, so that for example when on 1st place you have higher chance of getting shield an mines. On the last place you'd get more missiles etc.

IMO it doesn't hurt to have extra options (the more settings, more customisable experience, the better!), especially if they are not hard to implement.

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Tathendal

Postby Tathendal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:16 am

Good points, many of which I admit that I didn't think about.

What do you think about (the option) of reducing the available power-ups altogether? So that there would be fewer pick-ups, but respawn time would remain the same. My thought here was that getting any power-up should be "yeah, got it!" instead of "bah, this crappy power-up, I don't have use for it so I'll spam it rightaway to get a new one".

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 am

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Ryu Makkuro

Postby Ryu Makkuro » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 pm

ZzozZ

Postby ZzozZ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:56 am

Rworqx

Postby Rworqx » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:35 am

I thought a bit about this subject some times. maybe you could discard a pickup to trade up for mid-air yaw control for a brief moment. plenty of places where the car just skimms the ground after a small bump in the road and leaving the car without control.

But than again this does also simplefy the driving aspect I think :/

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 pm

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

Return to “Suggestions”