[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 594: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 650: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1072: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5235: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3899)
New Racetrack: What features would you like to see? - Page 2 - GRIP Video Game Forum

New Racetrack: What features would you like to see?

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
Yrch
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New Racetrack: What features would you like to see?

Postby Yrch » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:08 am

I love it when you have multiple path on track/track splits up, and i love it even more if you are able to see/catch a glimpse of the other drivers.
split tunnels made of glass/mesh or roads that cross each other, stuff like that.

overall bigger tunnels in diameter and other stuff for wall/ceiling driving.

also now i want that secret missle cave thing mentioned by chris, thanks chris :/

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Falkerz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:46 am

Just had another idea. Probably a little late but oh well. You know a DNA double helix? What about a twin tunnel system that's like that? Not too long obviously, as the vomit comet is for GRIP OS (relevant ) but with the glass tunnels twisting around each other. Players have the potential to see each other, it looks a little crazy and they shoot out at high speed in mid-air to fight each other to be first to land for the straightaway...
"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:10 pm

maniamaster
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby maniamaster » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:24 pm

I simply would like to see a track more focused on driving on flat / grippy surfaces as in the current tunnels, simply because I'd like to see the current physics on different surfaces. I feel like the current sandy surface brings with it little incentive to turn a lot. I find myself going straight a LOT and adjusting minimally so I don't hit the walls. So more grippy ground and more speedy turns would be interesting to see!

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Game Director

Raion
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Raion » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Nice to hear speed pads are back. I'm always thinking conservatively, because we never know where we're gonna hit the Unreal Physics Wall.

Speaking of which, there should totally be a planet like in "The Inverted World" or something, where special relativity comes into play: time slowing down and speeding up at different sections of the track. How would you implement that while having each player experiencing "normal" time, as they would? On a couple of occasions while using software to emulate LAN setups on old games, and pinging across continents, I noticed how some games, when lagging behind, will queue up the other player's actions, and then catch up by speeding them up impossibly. My guess, and I totally don't know what I'm talking about here, is that when a player enters a "slower" time zone, while they merrily go on their way, the game keeps track of their progress, and re-plays it slowed down for other players in "faster" time zones, and then simply fast forward until live again, when the situation reverses. Or something.

Totally doable, right?

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:22 pm

Check out the for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:50 pm

I don't know how it would mess with the already finicky physics, but an underwater segment would be cool. Like in Mario Kart where you just dive into a lake for a bit, rather than a level that's COMPLETELY underwater. Maybe on Liddo 5, somewhere in the jungle?
Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Falkerz
Early Supporter 4
Early Supporter 4

Postby Falkerz » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:56 am

"Tired are we, the few who battle endlessly, against the never ceasing sound, of inevitability..."

Sigrid
Early Supporter 3
Early Supporter 3

Postby Sigrid » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:45 am

bullsquid135

Postby bullsquid135 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:55 am

A buddy and me made a little racing game back in the day.

GRIP.jpg
GRIP.jpg (161.34 KiB) Viewed 7318 times

A bit hard to show in 2D I guess but the actual game doesn't exist anymore, well there were different versions off this part of the track anyways.
Basically we just added this freaking wide/huge room in one of the tracks. Was supposed to be in a mountain/mining compelx but hey that layout could implemented pretty much anywhere. Might just as well be some destroyed buildings or a waterfall and some giant tree boughs....
Anyways what we did was basically just giving the vehicles the option to take either the left of right tunnel and these would make you end up either going by the red or blue arrows. If you chose to go via the ceiling you had to drive a shorter distance to the end of the room. On the bottom of that suddenly popping up ravine however you had a rather good chance to get a rare pickup and I don't have to say that this vertical gave you quiete a boost so the shorter way via ceiling didn't give 'too' much.
Now like I said this for example would be achievable via choosing either the left or right tunnel,...
or by not adding anything and just giving the driver the possibilty to either jump forward onto the ceiling or just breaking a certain amount just before that to be able to stay on the ground,...
same could be done but done with a ski-jump like in pic related, or just going pic related all the way,......
I could go on and on here....

Don't know if you like the idea of a rare pickup and a faster and slower way. Well we mostly just added it because it was visually stunning and cool as heck seeing the other drivers on the ceiling so far away from you.
If you knew just exactly how to brake before the ravine though you could even get the pickup and be faster than the guys on the ceiling but that was hard as heck. If you already had a boost pickup before getting to that room the ceiling always was faster though.

Z3K0N15
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Z3K0N15 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 am

Something that I feel not many racing games have, is enviromental effects changing up gameplay, for example weather causing damage throughout the race or something like tornadoes or maybe some small chunks of space debris, Imagine trying to avoid it whilst racing.

Queadah
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Queadah » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:28 am

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Postby Chris_CE » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Game Director

Alpharius

Postby Alpharius » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:36 am

ApexAzimuth

Postby ApexAzimuth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:59 am

I'd actually like to see a river crossing.

I mean literally, crossing the river. The cars are traveling fast enough that they should be able to hydroplane on their own wheels at speed. If you fell below a certain speed, the car would start to sink and drastically slow down until it reached the relatively shallow bottom and have to climb out.

wantfastcars
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby wantfastcars » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 am

Desktop: i5-3570k @ 4.6GHz, RX 480 8GB, 32GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Pro
Laptop: i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHz, GTX970m 6GB, 16GB DDR3-1600, Win 10 Home
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush 2, GRIP, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- | http://i.imgur.com/FuDx2Un.jpg

Clone303

Postby Clone303 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:54 am

i would just say please come back wtih some maps/tracks from the old Rollcage's 1/2
Long life Rollcage again!

Nebuchaddy

Postby Nebuchaddy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Apart from my own ideas like underwater levels, asteroid levels, jumps, portals, corkscrews with two paths and so on, being simple, I'd love to see more destructible props.

I don't mean those "Big" destruction points like buildings and pipes, wich are awesome, but like little props like bushes, normal sized cars, railings and so on that can be destroyed but do not mess with your handling.

Just these little things to spice up the tracks and to add more debris to the tracks. Just going through all of these things and see props flying, exploding and so on, without even making a dent in the cars. I think it's a way to show even more the power and scale of the GRIP cars.
I'm Spanish god dammit sorry for my effing grammar jeez.

WROB3L
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby WROB3L » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Gimme superbowl. That`s all :D

And with a pot of F*ckedUppery
Powerful Cthulhu created me :twisted:

One of the first players in 3rd or 4th. I dont remember xD

Return to “Suggestions”