Position tracker (lefts hand side of the screen)

Here you give us specific suggestions on how you think the private release can be improved.

This isn't for bug reports, this is for features (example: wrong way indicator)
DrawingPlayful

Position tracker (lefts hand side of the screen)

Postby DrawingPlayful » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:10 am

I used to play a LOT of Rollcage and Rollcage stage 2
And playing this game there is one thing that bugs me IMMENSELY
That is the position tracker on the left hand side of the screen.
If there was one thing I would change and one thing alone, it would be that, please change it so it works just like in Rollcage stage 2

Aura-Master

Re: Position tracker (lefts hand side of the screen)

Postby Aura-Master » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:11 am

I Second that!

The position tracker makes no sense at all, the only time I can see it useful is to understand where other vehicles are in relation to you around your car.

Though the whole HUD is clearly early access state... it's as basic as it comes...

Broscar
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby Broscar » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:10 am

I'd like to see a similar position tracker as in the first Rollcage, 'cause it's nice knowing where everyone is in relation to the leader, names and all.
It's fun to see who your 'next opponent' (the racer ahead of you) is, who's currently leading the race and who are currently battling for a better position.

NecroWolf12
Early Supporter 2
Early Supporter 2

Postby NecroWolf12 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:46 pm

A position tracker like in XGRA would make sense too. It just had the track as a line and showed where on the track everyone was

It's the line on the right in that picture. Between the lap counter and speedo. Also shows your lap progress.
"Hollow the leader"

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:54 am

Going to list this as "Change the position tracker", looking at how the discussion is going :P

Broscar wrote:I'd like to see a similar position tracker as in the first Rollcage, 'cause it's nice knowing where everyone is in relation to the leader, names and all.
It's fun to see who your 'next opponent' (the racer ahead of you) is, who's currently leading the race and who are currently battling for a better position.

I second Broscar suggestion. Rollcage position tracker (in multiplayer) is so useful, and you get the information instantly.
But in Grip there are 10 cars.. Maybe more in the future.. No idea how this would scale. Maybe you would only see the 2 people directly in front of / behind you ?
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

DrawingPlayful

Postby DrawingPlayful » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:17 pm

potterman28wxcv wrote:Going to list this as "Change the position tracker", looking at how the discussion is going :P

Broscar wrote:I'd like to see a similar position tracker as in the first Rollcage, 'cause it's nice knowing where everyone is in relation to the leader, names and all.

I second Broscar suggestion. Rollcage position tracker (in multiplayer) is so useful, and you get the information instantly.
But in Grip there are 10 cars.. Maybe more in the future.. No idea how this would scale. Maybe you would only see the 2 people directly in front of / behind you ?

I'm really happy to see that the developers listen to their community. GRIP is going to be game of the year, mark my words :)

potterman28wxcv
Early Supporter 6
Early Supporter 6

Postby potterman28wxcv » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:51 pm

DrawingPlayful wrote:
potterman28wxcv wrote:Going to list this as "Change the position tracker", looking at how the discussion is going :P

I'm really happy to see that the developers listen to their community. GRIP is going to be game of the year, mark my words :)

I'm not a developer, just the Community Manager.

But yes, the developers do listen to the community nevertheless :)
Everything you see in the Suggestion list flagged as "Implemented" means someone proposed them, and the devs did it afterwards.

This is just how we will make Grip a great game :D
Because I'm even more boring than Broscar -> Rules of the GRIP forum
Check out the sign-ups for the Rollcage Neo-mode Tournament 2017, starting 15th April !

And with a rusty wrench
God created the french

Admin of the Image

Chris_CE
Grip Developer
Grip Developer

Re: [LISTED] Position tracker (lefts hand side of the screen)

Postby Chris_CE » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 pm

;)

Yep the race position bar isn't all that clear right now. Need to fix it up
Game Director
GRIP

Return to “Suggestions”